“Boston your my home”

Fat Face Fenner's Fishack
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

I found this bar/restaurant by accident, but I'm glad I did. Being originally from Boston, I was glad to find a place like this in California. The atmosphere reminded me of Sports Bars back home with Bruins, Red Sox on the big T.V.'s which were easily seen from any corner of the place. Food was Excellent and Beer was Ice Cold. Great Staff, they were very personable. I highly recommend this place to anyone going to the Hermosa Beach area.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The reason we left the bar across the street was because it was so crowded and had NO dance floor! This was a nice little place with great drinks, good music and a dance floor. It wasnt too crowded, although it got busier as the night went on! Great place to meet new people!!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Horrible food, service and dirty enviroment. Place needs to be torn down and rebuilt.

1  Thank Jon J
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Been going to this bar for years and sorry to say, the food has turned into a total nightmare. Just awful and cheap...Frozen vegetables, uncooked fried fish, half cooked calimari, uncooked chicken, greasy burgers....And they use the cheapest of all cheapest mixes for drinks. They must have some new cooks in the kitchen. Well, can't really call them cooks...To bad really..this place used to serve some the best bar food in Hermosa. Never eating there again...

1  Thank PoopiRedondoBeach
Reviewed December 12, 2011

So it wasn't a terrible place, by any means, there was just nothing to make it special either. I'd recently gotten into this whole foursquare thing, as it's kinda fun to use when traveling. Shows your friends where you've been, what you're up to, etc. So when I saw FFFF had a Special on draft beer, I thought "what the hey," let's give it a shot. The bartender, who was courteous and funny, said "We don't honor that. I don't even have a button for that." He said it in a funny way that made us both laugh, but in actuality, this shows a disconnect between the owners and those on the ground. I'm big on being 100% upfront with Customers, and selling a beer at half-price shouldn't require owner/manager approval.

There really isn't much of a view from here either. You can see a slew of other restaurants and bars, but it's not actually on the pier (water). While there was outdoor seating, there was no table service (this was a Thursday night, around 11pm). Price was a bit high for what we got, but not outrageous for Hermosa Beach.

Also, I'm not sure why this is listed as an "Attraction" on trip advisor. It's a bar.

1  Thank wandererer151