“TOP NOTCH Japanese food in Hemet”

Spicy Sushi & Grill Japanese
Ranked #42 of 198 Restaurants in Hemet
Cuisines: Japanese
Murrieta, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“TOP NOTCH Japanese food in Hemet”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

First off, this place excels in so many ways compared to most choices in Hemet. The food is authentic, fresh, prepared quickly and available in a plethora of choices. Want fresh sushi? Done. Want awesome teriyaki with homemade sauce? Done. Want katsu? Done. Want tremendous exotic salads? Done. There is something for everyone here. From light lunches to gourmet sushi, Spicy Sushi does things the right way. It is hands-down my favorite restaurant in Hemet. The locals are starting to flock there more and more it seems. I am ALWAYS treated right at that place and they truly care about your experience. I can't say enough things about this place, from the staff, ownership, sushi chefs, etc. Keep it up Spicy Sushi!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Graham T

Hemet, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful for First Timers”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My husband and I are new to sushi. We went to Spicy Sushi and Grill after reading a few reviews, and I'm so glad we did. Everyone that worked there was so friendly. They took the time to tell us what was in everything and how to eat a few things We are not chop stick savy so they gave us the cheaters I'm not a spicy person so they changed the sauces to fit my needs. The food was soooo good (100 thumbs up for the "oh my gosh roll". We will be going back.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank GrandmaBoggs
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Very good sushi, sashimi, rolls, teriyaki, and tempura.”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Japanese cuisine is not haute but very simple. However, it's possible to do simple things extremely well as well as very badly. The food served at Spicy Sushi is well prepared although their sushi and sashimi lack the breadth of big city parlors which serve multiple varieties of each kind of fish with instructions of which to eat first because Hemet won't support that kind of excellence.

I've had gyoza, edamame, giant oysters on a half shell, tamago sushi, snapper and mackerel sushi and sashimi, cucumber rolls, tuna rolls, spider roll, shrimp tempura roll, and salmon teriyaki. It was all fresh, tasty, and satisfying.

The pickled ginger is pale, golden, yellow instead of the usual pink but more intensely flavored. The horseradish is the usual commercial stuff although I keep looking forward to having more of the organic horseradish which is a paler green than the commercial grade and both more flavorful and intense.

Spicy Sushi serves better sushi and sashimi than Samurai Fish and Grill, but their cooked dishes are essentially at the same level.

Will I return? Yes. Will I recommend it? Yes.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank FastidiousDiner
Hemet
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh Sushi, Friendly Atmosphere, Excellent Service”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I asked several locals where the best place to go for Sushi in Hemet and they all said Spicy Sushi and Grill. Loved it!
Delicious, generous, high quality sushi and sashimi, excellent rolls, SAPPORO ON TAP!, super friendly service, and all around great eating experience.
We will definitely be back!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank John K
Glendale
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh fish daily at small mom and pop restaurant.”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I've been coming here for 7 years and the quality is always A+. Love the house roll and the OH MY GOD! roll. Great find for in a small town. Everything is always very fresh and portions are generous

1 Thank kystobeku