“Stayed here one night....”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Vagabond Inn Hemet

Vagabond Inn Hemet
Vagabond Inn Hemet
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Hemet
Reno, Nevada
“Stayed here one night....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel because they advertised that they took pets. When I got here, they informed me that there would be an extra charge for the dog. Then they told me that I would have to stay in a smoking room, also because of the dog. (I asked if I had to sleep on the floor like the dog...?)
All in all, it was a clean but out of the way hotel and one I would not stay in again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Ramzfan2013
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
We appreciate your feedback. I can assure you that at our property we strive to make your stay as friendly and comfortable as possible. We sincerely apologize for the issues regarding your most recent stay. I would personally like to invite you back to our property so that we can make your next stay as enjoyable as your first. Again, our sincerest apologies.

Jackie Mooers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The staff is great!

The room I got was not so great; it smelled like smoke despite being a "non-smoking room". Perhaps it's non-smoking when a non-smoker stays there.

The water pressure was excellent! I liked the Wi-Fi. For $60/night it's fine. Plan on your clothes and luggage smelling of smoke after your stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank John B
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. While we are very happy to here that your room was satisfactory, we would like to sincerely apologize for the smoke smell in your room. I can assure you your concerns have been reported to upper management and will be handled according as soon as possible. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Folsom, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

I stay at this motel whenever I visit Hemet and the manager Tony and his wife Yesenia are very friendly and always make me feel welcome. This is an older motel but the rooms are clean and you can't get a better price than theirs. If you don't need a pool or extra amenities that we pay extra for in other places then this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! Your opinion is very important to us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and cannot wait to have you back in the near future!

Thanks again,
Rancho Santa Margarita
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

First things first. The desk and staff were helpful, friendly and accommodating, and their continental breakfast, while very limited, was still a nice touch. But these are the only "pros" I can honestly offer. To clarify, I am not a hotel snob, and I understand that a $60/night motel guest should not expect the Four Seasons ... but I regret to say I simply would not stay her again because I could not get a good night's sleep from hearing every footstep above me, and every door slam, and idling engine outside my room. I realize the management can't stop noise, but there are some things they could fix: the rooms are well-worn, showing their years of use and the walls and door frames are chipped in several places, the room is badly in need of paint and all surfaces could stand a good scrubbing. Cigarette burns on the tub, small beds, no carpeting anywhere, a noisy refrigerator, and a smelly room heater rounded out the 1-night experience I had.

Room Tip: Choose a second floor room since the floors are paper thin and don't have much sound baffling.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott O
We appreciate your feedback. I can assure you that at our property we strive to make your stay as friendly and comfortable as possible. We sincerely apologize for the issues regarding your most recent stay. We will definitely look into all of the issues regarding the room as well as strive to prevent them in the future. We do hope that you will come and stay again so that we can provide you the best stay possible. Again, our sincerest apologies.

Ajijic, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Although the Vagabond Inn is decently priced, the property is unappealing. The best I can say is that the rooms appear very clean, but the fixtures are old, the bathroom is dated and in spite of recent renovation, there are cracks in the walls, chipping paint and a general feeling of neglect. The person at the desk was friendly and helpful, but the "breakfast room" featured in their advertisement was not open even an hour after the posted time. The walls are thin and if you have an amorous couple or fowdy frat kids in the next room, be prepared to hear every word, sound or sigh they utter.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank krflex
We appreciate your feedback. I can assure you that at our property we strive to make your stay as friendly and comfortable as possible. We sincerely apologize for the issues regarding your most recent stay and we will address them with upper management to see what we can do about the walls. Again our sincerest apologies.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

first, the positives: the rooms are good size and the furniture is nice: microwave and fridge in the rooms; satelite tv with lots of channels; room was clean except for the wooden floor; the wifi worked well; manager was friendly.

now the problems: one of the towels was filthy and a pillowcase had lipstick and other stains on it and there was a blood stain on the sheet- i wondered if they even change linens between guests. the tub and sink drains drained slowly; there was no towel rack; walls are paper thin. there was no maid service and when i asked why i was told i should've asked for it- then was told the maid couldn't unlock the door, which had a temperamental lock on it. office was not open at 7 a.m. for breakfast- only selection was cold cereal or make-your-own waffle.

despite the problems, and with a good rate when booked online, it was an ok place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank whomever
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Whomever,

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. All feedback from our guests is greatly appreciated. While we are happy to hear that your stay was satisfactory we are very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered while staying with us. I would like to assure you that these issues have been brought to the attention of the appropriate staff members and that they will be taken care of accordingly in order to prevent any of this from happening in the future. We hope that you will give us a second chance to better serve you. Again, our sincerest apologies.

Keizer, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed here pretty much by default and didn't like the looks of things when we got here (see review for Desert Lodge in Palm Springs). The glass wall with the key slot wasn't a welcoming sight when we got there, but the staff was nearly above reproach! They were all uber friendly and willing to help in any way. The room was a bit dated but very clean and comfortable. I don't get hung up on fluff -- I just want a good night's sleep at a reasonable price. This was all of that. I would stay here again just because of the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to have you back in the near future!

Jackie Mooers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemet
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Canyon Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel  & Suites Banning
BEST WESTERN PLUS Diamond Valley Inn
Royal Inn & Suites Hemet

Been to Vagabond Inn Hemet? Share your experiences!