“overall a good place to stay, but has some problems”
Review of Vagabond Inn Hemet

Vagabond Inn Hemet
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Hemet
Chicago, Illinois
“overall a good place to stay, but has some problems”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

first, the positives: the rooms are good size and the furniture is nice: microwave and fridge in the rooms; satelite tv with lots of channels; room was clean except for the wooden floor; the wifi worked well; manager was friendly.

now the problems: one of the towels was filthy and a pillowcase had lipstick and other stains on it and there was a blood stain on the sheet- i wondered if they even change linens between guests. the tub and sink drains drained slowly; there was no towel rack; walls are paper thin. there was no maid service and when i asked why i was told i should've asked for it- then was told the maid couldn't unlock the door, which had a temperamental lock on it. office was not open at 7 a.m. for breakfast- only selection was cold cereal or make-your-own waffle.

despite the problems, and with a good rate when booked online, it was an ok place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank whomever
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Whomever,

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. All feedback from our guests is greatly appreciated. While we are happy to hear that your stay was satisfactory we are very sorry to hear about the issues you encountered while staying with us. I would like to assure you that these issues have been brought to the attention of the appropriate staff members and that they will be taken care of accordingly in order to prevent any of this from happening in the future. We hope that you will give us a second chance to better serve you. Again, our sincerest apologies.

Jackie Mooers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Keizer, Oregon
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed here pretty much by default and didn't like the looks of things when we got here (see review for Desert Lodge in Palm Springs). The glass wall with the key slot wasn't a welcoming sight when we got there, but the staff was nearly above reproach! They were all uber friendly and willing to help in any way. The room was a bit dated but very clean and comfortable. I don't get hung up on fluff -- I just want a good night's sleep at a reasonable price. This was all of that. I would stay here again just because of the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and can't wait to have you back in the near future!

Indio, California
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I am working 1 1/2 hours away from home, and knew I would be done around 8pm, back to work at 8am, so made a 2 night reservation online. Specifically sought out pet policies and looked at reviews. "Pets allowed, additional fees may apply". Because I have allergy issues, requested a non-smoking room.
The non-smoking room was the first issue... pet rooms have to be smoking rooms. Why? Hair can be removed, smoke and debris in the air cannot be removed. So that was the first issue the inn keeper had with me. Then I had a second dog. I was honest. Then he told me he could not give me a room and I had to call the online company to cancel the reservation. I pointed out that NO WHERE does it say that pets OK (plural) means one dog, and I was willing to jeopardize my health and stay in a smoking room and pay the additional amount ($10/per pet/pet night), but I was not allowed to stay.
So there I was, at 8:30pm, in his parking lot, having to call online to cancel his reservation. Then I had to try to find another place.
I have stayed in various Vagabond Inns in the past, and had NO problem with having to stay in a smoking room OR with my pets, but this experience has me tainted. Just wanted a place to settle down and sleep for teh night. ANYONE WITH PETS, BEWARE!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank workingtraveler999
Mendota, California
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were very nice and quiet which.was very much needed. The bed was very comfortable. My stay overall was good. Staff was nice and very helpful. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in this area

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank yessiquiroz
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this review, February 21, 2014

San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

My stay at this hotel was wonderful I loved the rooms and the service was great.
The price was great for a 2 night stay. I don't think I could have chosen I better hotel
I really felt at home keep up the good work:)

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. At Vagabond Inn our ultimate goal is to make our guests feel as though they are family. We hope to see you again, soon.

Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I feel very satisfied by choosing this hotel. I definitely got my money's worth. The rooms were better that expected and The staff was sweet. The breakfast looked good even though I had to get back on the road quickly I couldn't enjoy it. The rooms were very clean and I had no problems

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future! You'll have to try our breakfast, it is a big hit!

Visalia, California
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

My first time at a vagabond inn. Good hotel, with very nice addings. The rooms were good and for an awesome price. The staff was sweet and got me into my room quickly. The wifi was at a good speed and the breakfast looked good but I didn't eat since I had to get back on the road Thank you vagabond staff

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully next time you will get to try our delicious breakfast! Wishing you the safest of travels.

Jackie Mooers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemet
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Canyon Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel  & Suites Banning
Best Western Plus Diamond Valley Inn
Royal Inn & Suites Hemet

Been to Vagabond Inn Hemet? Share your experiences!