“Good for the price and handy for the route !”
Review of Vagabond Inn Hemet

Vagabond Inn Hemet
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Hemet
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I'd say this place had been recently renovated as everything seemed fairly new, excellent bed, and all very clean and tidy. Some problems with check in due to the guys poor English but once over that hurdle all was fine. Two minute walk to a sports bar for evening meal and conveniently placed on highway 74 which we following down to Lake Elsinore and Highway 1.

Good wifi, free continental breakfast in the morning and secure parking for the bikes .. pretty much all you could want from a motel on a road trip.

Would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. At Vagabond Inn Hemet we strive to provide our guests with the friendliest most comfortable accommodations as possible. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed here during out recent trip to Idyllwild Ca. The room was more than I expected, very nice bedding and very spacious. The breakfast again was more than I expected, waffles, gravy etc. We arrived late and the Manager was more then accomodating. We were on a motorcycle and wanted to ensure that is was parked close to our room so he gave up his parking spot.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy B

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Absolutely abysmal service. Hotel was as you would expect for the price - pretty shabby, stained and thin/lumpy pillows, not enough towels for the amount of people staying, walls thinner than paper - could hear upstairs and next door all through the night.

The worst came when we came home during the day and were met with cones across the entrance of the hotel. Having nowhere else to park (considering we were stuck on the side of a busy road, and seeing as we paid for hotel parking, we moved the cones and drove in. As soon as we came in he started yelling at us. Turns out the owner had freshly tarsealed the carpark without notifying any guests beforehand or the day of, and without hanging any signs whatsoever. He had actually tarsealed around a few cars that were there. Trying to explain that we were obviously not going to know this unless he told us beforehand, he continued yelling and calling us rude for moving the cones. We promptly found another hotel, and after attempting to politely (not exaggerating, I had calmed down by this point) reiterate the fact that he needs to inform his guests of his tarsealing shenanigans before he carries them out, he puts his hand in my face and says he is not listening to me. After saying excuse me? And that I have the right to speak seeing as I paid money to stay here he continues to say he was going to flat out ignore me and only speak to my friend. He is probably one of the thickest, most idiotic, disrespectful people I have ever come across.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Laurenmae3
vagabondinnsouth, General Manager at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

We sincerely apologize that your stay at our property was less than satisfactory. As I can assure you we do not charge any fees for parking at our property, we will try to handle matters in a much more professional manner and take your feedback into consideration the next time that we are working on the parking lot. At Vagabond Inns we strive to provide our guests with the most comfortable and friendly environment that we possibly can, Again, we will definately take your feedback into consideration and handle these issues in a timely manner. I can assure you that the person that you spoke with will be provided the appropriate consequences. Thank you for taking the time to share review our property.
Again, our sincerest apologies.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at the Vagabond Inn and found it very nice. Older motel but has been rentovated nicely. Room was good and smelled nice. Desk man was polite and friendly. Good place to stay if you are looking for a decent place. They had a little breakfast station in the lobby but we left early so we did not use it. Saw a waffle iron and several kinds of cereals. Coffee, juice also.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
vagabondinnsouth, Manager at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you had a good stay at our property. We hope to see you again!

Thanks again,

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay in a Vagabond Inn. We visit Hemet every year and stay 7-10 days. We will be staying at the Vagabond from now on. Tony and Yasenia are very good hosts. Our room service was impeccable, the rooms were nicely decorated, the beds were comfortable, nice down comforters, nice pillows. There are restaurants close enough to walk to.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we absolutely look forward to seeing you again!

Thanks again,

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I booked on booking.com and when I checked in it was obvious the manager was in a bad mood. I was given a room next to a room getting new flooring with incessant pounding. When I brought it to his attention he said,"they will only be working for another hour". I went in the room to find a palm sized stain ( picture available) next to the pillow on the comforter. I showed it to the manager who exclaimed," Yes, that is a stain! It won't come out!". I took out my cell phone to make a video as I couldn't believe my eyes or ears and the manger queried," What are you doing? You can't record me! You can't record me! You don't scare me!" A night of road noise, ( I was given the room closest to hwy 74 save the room in construction, I assume to be punished for booking online), and a 3am domestic fight in the room next to me on the other side left me awake at 7 am when "breakfast" was available.... Wrong! With a line waiting after 7am for someone to open the area I was elected to go to the managers room and awake the wife. Looking desheveled and iritated we all waited while the waffle machine warmed up and she hurriedly brought out milk and juice. Trapped on a holiday weekend I booked another night on Hotels.com and with confirmation in hand was refused a room with the excuse that, "They overbooked us after I closed it at 2 pm yesterday!". This place has an onsite management that is anything but welcoming. Not a thought to, "Let me get you a comforter that isn't stained"... ( What?, they only had one comforter per room?) or,"I'm sorry, we're overbooked, let me see if I can find accomodations elsewhere". Not even, "Here's a phone book, good luck". Just, "They overbooked us so I don't have a room for you". Oh, if you ever get someone to inspect this property, tell them to check out the 25 cent ice machine ( it ate two quarters before devulging any ice) as it is filthy. I wouldn't reccomend nor stay in another Vagabond Inn given this is one of the worst experiences in a hotel that I have ever had.

Room Tip: Go to any other hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cap10paul

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your input and will be useful to further accommodate all our guests. We have addressed all of your concerns with the manager and further steps are being taken to prevent similar occurrences with our future guests. Our sincerest apologies again.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Where do I start. The manager Tony friendly but my impression of the location that it is in the middle of nowhere. As it is Hemet is a small town and to make matters worse the hotel is next to a large empty lot and a river. My fist night was scary, I woke up to loud noises in the middle of the night and it came from next door. The lobby was never open for the "complimentary breakfast" :( therefore decided to buy my own I mean... how fresh was the food they were serving if the lobby was never open? The price was fairly cheap, but cheap isn't everything. Next time I rather pay a bit more for a bigger piece of mind.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you. We have recently made many renovations to our property including the breakfast. Our sincerest apologies for your experience.

Jackie Mooers

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemet
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 10 in Hemet
Hampton Inn & Suites Hemet
Hampton Inn & Suites Banning-Beaumont
Days Inn Banning Casino/Outlet Mall
Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country
Best Western Plus Diamond Valley Inn

Been to Vagabond Inn Hemet? Share your experiences!