“Overnight Stay”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Hemet
Indio, California
“Overnight Stay”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at the Vagabond Inn and found it very nice. Older motel but has been rentovated nicely. Room was good and smelled nice. Desk man was polite and friendly. Good place to stay if you are looking for a decent place. They had a little breakfast station in the lobby but we left early so we did not use it. Saw a waffle iron and several kinds of cereals. Coffee, juice also.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
vagabondinnsouth, Manager at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you had a good stay at our property. We hope to see you again!

Thanks again,
Jackie Mooers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Eatonville
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay in a Vagabond Inn. We visit Hemet every year and stay 7-10 days. We will be staying at the Vagabond from now on. Tony and Yasenia are very good hosts. Our room service was impeccable, the rooms were nicely decorated, the beds were comfortable, nice down comforters, nice pillows. There are restaurants close enough to walk to.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we absolutely look forward to seeing you again!

Thanks again,
Southern Cal
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I booked on booking.com and when I checked in it was obvious the manager was in a bad mood. I was given a room next to a room getting new flooring with incessant pounding. When I brought it to his attention he said,"they will only be working for another hour". I went in the room to find a palm sized stain ( picture available) next to the pillow on the comforter. I showed it to the manager who exclaimed," Yes, that is a stain! It won't come out!". I took out my cell phone to make a video as I couldn't believe my eyes or ears and the manger queried," What are you doing? You can't record me! You can't record me! You don't scare me!" A night of road noise, ( I was given the room closest to hwy 74 save the room in construction, I assume to be punished for booking online), and a 3am domestic fight in the room next to me on the other side left me awake at 7 am when "breakfast" was available.... Wrong! With a line waiting after 7am for someone to open the area I was elected to go to the managers room and awake the wife. Looking desheveled and iritated we all waited while the waffle machine warmed up and she hurriedly brought out milk and juice. Trapped on a holiday weekend I booked another night on Hotels.com and with confirmation in hand was refused a room with the excuse that, "They overbooked us after I closed it at 2 pm yesterday!". This place has an onsite management that is anything but welcoming. Not a thought to, "Let me get you a comforter that isn't stained"... ( What?, they only had one comforter per room?) or,"I'm sorry, we're overbooked, let me see if I can find accomodations elsewhere". Not even, "Here's a phone book, good luck". Just, "They overbooked us so I don't have a room for you". Oh, if you ever get someone to inspect this property, tell them to check out the 25 cent ice machine ( it ate two quarters before devulging any ice) as it is filthy. I wouldn't reccomend nor stay in another Vagabond Inn given this is one of the worst experiences in a hotel that I have ever had.

Room Tip: Go to any other hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank cap10paul
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your input and will be useful to further accommodate all our guests. We have addressed all of your concerns with the manager and further steps are being taken to prevent similar occurrences with our future guests. Our sincerest apologies again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Where do I start. The manager Tony friendly but my impression of the location that it is in the middle of nowhere. As it is Hemet is a small town and to make matters worse the hotel is next to a large empty lot and a river. My fist night was scary, I woke up to loud noises in the middle of the night and it came from next door. The lobby was never open for the "complimentary breakfast" :( therefore decided to buy my own I mean... how fresh was the food they were serving if the lobby was never open? The price was fairly cheap, but cheap isn't everything. Next time I rather pay a bit more for a bigger piece of mind.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you. We have recently made many renovations to our property including the breakfast. Our sincerest apologies for your experience.

Augusta
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My sister and I came to Hemet to visit family and stayed at the Vagabond Inn. The service was great. Friendly staff, clean rooms, great value. We couldn't have asked for more. It made our visit with our family much easier.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Orange
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I'm always a bit surprised at some reviews of budget like this that aren't positive in regards to features and appearances that aren't up to their 'standards'. Let's get real ... you're getting a room at a great rate here (for a 'nice' hotel on the west end of town you're going to pay 2 to 3 times as much). Even budget hotels like Motel 6 don't offer some nice pluses like this hotel (ie. frig. and microwavel). The outside appearance of this hotel isn't particularly great but not a big issue in my book; the rooms have been updated (nothing fancy but clean), so that helps a bit. My room (220) did have a very slow (draining) sink, and the freezer compartment of the frig was solid with ice, and needs to be defrosted ASAP - both items I mentioned to the staff to rectify. The walls did appear to be 'thin' but this wasn't an issue as I had quiet guests around me - but I've had noise issues in even the best of hotels with 'solid' walls; it's going to depend if the hotel is a 'party' destination for the locals, and how the management handles the problems. The manager at this hotel assured me that if I had any noise problems, he'd take care of. If you're looking for something under $60 take a look here or America's "Value" Inn several miles west on Florida.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
vagabondinnsouth, Owner at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your input and will be useful to further accommodate all our guests. We have addressed all of your concerns with the manager and further steps are being taken to prevent similar occurrences.
Riverside
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Vagabond Inn and were very pleased, the room was clean, quiet and the staff very friendly, price was fair, and also the waffle was yummy!
Very close to the place we were attending,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for making us your choice. We appreciate all the feedback. Hope to see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemet
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Canyon Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel  & Suites Banning
Best Western Plus Diamond Valley Inn
Royal Inn & Suites Hemet

Been to Vagabond Inn Hemet? Share your experiences!