Vagabond Inn Hemet
$68
  • Free Internet
Hacienda Motel(San Jacinto)
$50
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Where do I start. The manager Tony friendly but my impression of the location that it is in the middle of nowhere. As it is Hemet is a small town and to make matters worse the hotel is next to a large empty lot and a river. My fist night was scary, I woke up to loud noises in the middle of the night and it came from next door. The lobby was never open for the "complimentary breakfast" :( therefore decided to buy my own I mean... how fresh was the food they were serving if the lobby was never open? The price was fairly cheap, but cheap isn't everything. Next time I rather pay a bit more for a bigger piece of mind.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you. We have recently made many renovations to our property including the breakfast. Our sincerest apologies for your experience.

Jackie Mooers

Reviewed January 22, 2013

My sister and I came to Hemet to visit family and stayed at the Vagabond Inn. The service was great. Friendly staff, clean rooms, great value. We couldn't have asked for more. It made our visit with our family much easier.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Jackie Mooers

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I'm always a bit surprised at some reviews of budget like this that aren't positive in regards to features and appearances that aren't up to their 'standards'. Let's get real ... you're getting a room at a great rate here (for a 'nice' hotel on the west end of town you're going to pay 2 to 3 times as much). Even budget hotels like Motel 6 don't offer some nice pluses like this hotel (ie. frig. and microwavel). The outside appearance of this hotel isn't particularly great but not a big issue in my book; the rooms have been updated (nothing fancy but clean), so that helps a bit. My room (220) did have a very slow (draining) sink, and the freezer compartment of the frig was solid with ice, and needs to be defrosted ASAP - both items I mentioned to the staff to rectify. The walls did appear to be 'thin' but this wasn't an issue as I had quiet guests around me - but I've had noise issues in even the best of hotels with 'solid' walls; it's going to depend if the hotel is a 'party' destination for the locals, and how the management handles the problems. The manager at this hotel assured me that if I had any noise problems, he'd take care of. If you're looking for something under $60 take a look here or America's "Value" Inn several miles west on Florida.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
vagabondinnsouth, Owner at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your input and will be useful to further accommodate all our guests. We have addressed all of your concerns with the manager and further steps are being taken to prevent similar occurrences.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Vagabond Inn and were very pleased, the room was clean, quiet and the staff very friendly, price was fair, and also the waffle was yummy!
Very close to the place we were attending,

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for making us your choice. We appreciate all the feedback. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Vagabond is your typical seedy motel- clean enough, convenient enough, whatever. For that price I wasn't expecting a fantastic place. I was even resigned to the guy with a hooker next door (paper-thin walls, btw). But the guy running the place (the night office, at least) was ri-DIC-ulous. The night office was absolutely crawling with bugs. Flying ants, mosquitos, little gray crunchy bugs with white spots, etc. They were literally everywhere- couldn't step w/o crushing them, counter was covered (don't put your purse down), and I left that room w 3 in my hair (shudder!!). BTW, checked for bed bugs in our room & it was clean.

But back to the customer service- we booked using priceline, but when we got there the guy acted like he (or maybe didn't) hear/understand. We were in that hot, buggy room for 26 minutes trying to check in. I still don't know if he charged our card again, since he didn't care that we booked on priceline, and we couldn't hear a word he said behind the thick glass w no speaker. He had a bit of an accent, but whatever- it was less that & more that he was slurring. Or maybe he wasn't, and we just couldn't hear through the glass... Anyway, it was awful, and he was the least helpful person ever. I would have preferred the "Computer says noo" gag.

The room was fine. Old & rundown, but clean enough. Not for OCD types, but no hairs & no bugs in the room or bed. And like I said, paper-thin walls. Good on that guy for making that hooker enjoy herself so much, though. Sounded legit...

Moral of the story: Don't go to Hemet in the summer.

• Stayed: September 2012
vagabondinnsouth, Owner at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

I am sorry that you had a bad experience and we are taking the proper mesurement to correct the problems. I want to thank you for your input. And we will take measures to ensure a better stay for you and all our future guests.