“Surprisingly nice”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Hemet
Thousand Oaks, CA
“Surprisingly nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

I'm a self-described hotel snob, and I can't remember if I've ever stayed in a 2-star hotel before. However, times are tight, and I needed a place to sleep for 6 hours while on a long drive. I chose wisely.

The Vagabond Inn in Hemet surpassed my expectations. The room was clean, had fresh paint, newer linens and a comfortable bed. The manager was very helpful and I got a good night of sleep.

To my surprise, there was a coffee maker, microwave, and mini fridge in the room. There were also shampoo, conditioner, and lotion (in an eco-friendly, bulk dispenser). The only downsides (for a hotel of this quality) was that the room is on the small side and the towels are tiny. Seriously, they are small. If you've got more than one person staying there, just request extra towels up front.

Although I was long gone before it began, I'm told there is a continental breakfast in the (small) lobby. I saw coffee, a juice machine, and a waffle maker... I don't know what else is included.

All in all, if you're looking for an affordable , clean place to rest your head, you really can't go wrong with the Vagabond.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

my room was very clean and had new, nice furniture. the satelite/flat screen tv was nice. microwave and fridge in room was convenient. bed was comfortable. the owners were very friendly. the breakfast waffle, cereal and pastry were good and the coffee at breakfast was excellent. only negatives were thin walls (typical of all motels i've
stayed at) and the in-room coffee tasted terrible. overall it's a very nice place to stay with good rates.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

I read the other reviews, and I was a little leery of staying here. I decided to book a room anyway, because of the proximity to the rest of Hemet. Everyone who works here is helpful, charming and sweet. The room itself was nicely decorated with modern furniture, it has a flat panel television, and the room was immaculately clean. The bed (we are staying in the executive king room), was comfortable, and it was really quiet despite a few families staying together here for their vacation. Wi-Fi is also rather fast and reliable.

I am also impressed, because the hotel is making efforts toward environmentally friendly service. They have motion sensor lighting in the room, and they have done away with the standard little bottles of shampoo and what-not. Instead, they have a push button dispenser system which works amazingly. No more fumbling with doinky little bottles to wash all my hair!

The continental breakfast was small, but their featured item, make-it,yourself-Belgian waffle was fantastic. Everything was fresh, and it was well stocked.

I would definitely stay here again, and I would recommended it to my dearest friends and family. It is a small property, but we both think this is the one of the best places we have stayed recently (we try to go on a small trip every couple of months, at least twice a year).

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Massillon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

Whomever writes a bad review for this place is lieing. I loved this place. I stayed with my boyfriend here. I am from Ohio and it was wonderful. The people there care and are the nicest people I've ever met. I actually hope to move to that city after my wonderful visit, thank you so much for the wonderful visit!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

I had my mom check out this hotel and she said it was great, so we booked and stayed many times in March and April. The upgrades were nice, breakfast was great. The managers are the sweetest people you could ever meet. Very Accomodating!!! The rooms are great. I am very picky when it comes to my bed as well and it was very comfortable.
Thanks Tony!!!

Room Tip: 104, and 106 were great rooms.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2010

You wont be disappointed; dont let the low price prevent you from giving the Vagabond a try.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
vagabondinnsouth, Director of Sales at Vagabond Inn Hemet, responded to this review, December 5, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our location, we genuinely appreciate your patronage and enthusiasm. Customer service and afforadable quality are very important to our establishment, and we hope that we can continue to serve your lodging needs while in the Hemet vicinty. Thank you once again :)
Modesto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

When I first arrived the staff were great. the room smelled funny but not offensive it was clean and pretty nice for an older motel. the bathrooms are very small and there wasn't any cream or sugar for the coffee in the room. spent three nights there and I was only woken up a few times so its relatively quiet. when I left early in the morning there was a big spider on the door they could use an exterminator. for the money I think I would rather stay at the other end of town next time at the super 8. stayed there once before it seemed nicer. They do the best they can with what they have if you don't expect much more than an old motel you wont be dissapointed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for your candid review, we do our very best to serve our guests with the resources alotted to us; furthermore, we sincerely hope that you will continue to patronize our motel, and we will continue to provide you with excellence in service. In the future, we will ensure your room is fully equipped with coffee, sugar, and creamer, as well as continuing our pest control to ensure no stray spiders are roaming. If there are any other concerns, comments, or suggestions you may have for us, please let us know via e-mail at vagabondinnsales@gmail.com. We appreciate your patronage if you choose to stay with us for your future lodging needs in Hemet, thank you once again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hemet
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Canyon Lake
Holiday Inn Express Hotel  & Suites Banning
BEST WESTERN PLUS Diamond Valley Inn
Royal Inn & Suites Hemet

Been to Vagabond Inn Hemet? Share your experiences!