“Good Food, but a Chain-Style Mexican Restaurant Experience”

Los Vaquero's Mexican Grill
Ranked #5 of 198 Restaurants in Hemet
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Plattsburgh, New York
“Good Food, but a Chain-Style Mexican Restaurant Experience”
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, the food was good, but it was just another run-of-the-mill American-style Mexican restaurant. When one thinks about what Mexican food is, outside Mexico, this is it. Enchiladas, burritos, tostados, all the regular items, most gringos order and eat at chain-style Mexican restaurants. So, eating outside the box led me to order the lengua. It was tasty, but no better than I can get from one of the local taco shops that offer it. Nonetheless, the slightly spicy tomatillo sauce added a pleasant dimension to the tongue dish. I'd highly recommend the frijoles a la olla instead of the standard refried beans. Overall, a pleasant meal because I chose to order something slightly different. Draft Tecate is available as well as most bottled Mexican beers. We sat at the bar and received attentive service from the bartender. Thursday and Friday nights feature kerioke in the lounge. Clearly, there are some regulars who come here to croon on a regular basis. The entertainment was good and paired well with dinner and cervezas. If possible, my rating woud actually be 3 1/2 instead of just three that the scale allows. As I said, dinner was good, but not the authentic taste of Mexico that I prefer and hope to find.

1 Thank Grousedoctor

Deephaven
“Yummy Mexican food”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Came here a few days ago and had some great Mexican food. I especially enjoyed the shredded beef tacos and my chicken enchilada. If I lived closer, I'd come more often. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the salsa was just OK. It tasted a little too tomato saucy and not like fresh salsa. The service was great and friendly.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank missymalloo
Parker, Colorado
“Food was okay for what appears to be a chain”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Service was ok although we asked for separate tickets and mine was combined with one of my friends. Food was ok. Nothing to write home about.

Visited April 2012
Parksville, Canada
“Good Happy Hour”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We enjoyed the margaritas and beers at happy hour, as well as the appy offerings. Perhaps we stayed a bit longer than happy hour but the karioke music got too close and too loud too soon.

Visited February 2012
Southern California
“Good Food”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

We have eaten their lunch buffet a few times. The food is quite good. It is a large restaurant, not lxurious but more upscale than the typical Mexican restaurantt.