“Not very good Thai. Dine at Lemongrass.”

SIAM Garden Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 203 Restaurants in Hemet
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Siam Garden is a small dive run mostly by an Asian one man band with the help of an older Asian woman who mostly seems to offer unsolicited advise in the kitchen while wearing colorful street clothing and also with the help of one or two Mexican greeters/food servers. The greeter assigns you a table, hands you a menu, delivers water, the one man band takes your order, goes to the kitchen and prepares your meal, and the food servers deliver the slop to your table. Periodically, the greeters/food servers ask you if everything is alright, but they rush away quickly to serve the empty tables.

I've dined there more than once trying to give the establishment a chance to impress me; instead, it disappointed me. For example, I ordered Pad Thai. What could be simpler than rice noodles stir fried with stuff and flavorings? My Pad Thai came with two medium sized shrimps, very few small pieces of chicken, and two pieces of scallion (Southern Californians call them green onions). Notice that I did not mention eggs; that's because what I was served didn't have any! The one man band must have whispered "egg" over my noodles, or maybe that's what the old woman does while she hangs out in the kitchen.

My Pad Thai's main flavoring was greasy noodles. The only way to rescue that was to pour some of the bottled hot chili sauce that is on every table, but hot sauce alone can't transform greasy noodles into Pad Thai.

Siam Garden has one virtue: It's cheap, but you'll pay less for a better balanced meal at any chain burger joint.

Will I return? No. Will I recommend it? No.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

A surprisingly pleasant restaurant. My wife ordered Tom Kha Gai and I ordered Panang. We found the food excellent, as good as any more expensive restaurants we have visited in larger cities. The service was a little slow and the staff, while friendly and attentive, seemed very busy. I would recommend this restaurant to Thai lovers and those new to the cuisine.

Reviewed December 27, 2011

I have been here a few times, always trying something different. I've not had a bad experience yet! The servers are so polite and helpful. Everything is always fresh tasting. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I've gone here a handful of times, and I always get the same dish (Mint chili). It is always great, and I've done my best to perfect the recipe myself at home. I'm missing something, but I go back to Siam just to have the genuine thing. The service is always great, and you can't beat the prices. It is "Americanized" Thai food, so if you are looking for the absolute real thing, then maybe try another place. Don't be put off by the location or the decor....this place has great food!

Reviewed September 30, 2010

I've tried this restaurant several times recently with coworkers and have since recommended it to my family. The assortments of soups have spice, citrus tang, and you are given a large bowl. If you're with a group and there is someone who is shy to try thai, there is your standard teryaki chicken dishes. The portions are very satisfying for the low prices. Even the ala-carte items are portioned well to satisfy for a meal. For those of you concened with the "heat" or "spice" of the food, the staff is extremely accomodating and you are given your own chili sauces on the side to moderate. It's so nice to have a Thai restaurant in town that serves a really good Thai iced tea .

I only wish they served the peanut chicken for lunch. I haven't been there for dinner yet and it's only served then.