“The worlds worst dinning experience in Hemet, CA”

Steer 'n Stein Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 198 Restaurants in Hemet
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
So Calif
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The worlds worst dinning experience in Hemet, CA”
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I have dined at Steer ‘N Stein many times in Riverside and have never had a problem. A friend suggested that we try the Steer ‘N Stein in Hemet. What a mistake. The food server was new and not very experienced and when I had a problem with the soup, it was so hot that it scalded my upper lip. When I complained to the waiter he just stood there dumfounded. I asked for the manager, and when she (Billy) arrived stated that they have to serve the soup at a high temperature and just stood there with her closed fists on her hips staring at me. No offer of ice for my lip and no other comments. I told her to take the soup away. As I was leaving I expressed my displeasure with her handling of this event and she told me that I was rude and not to come back. On a positive note, once we got or food it was well prepared and tasted good. I would not under any circumstances recommend this restaurant to any one until “Billy” is no longer there.

1 Thank K-913

San Jacinto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worse Experience in 40 years”
Reviewed May 16, 2009

I just returned from the worse dinning experience of my life. I took my wife and child to dinner at this restaurant and was seated immediatly, however we waited over five minutes before someone took a drink order from us.I mentioned this to Jill, the manager, and she indicated that we should have received our drinks faster and our waitress was not too busy. Once we ordered our drinks we also made our dinner order. The food was fine and I really had no other complaints except that for $2.49 I expected my ice tea to be refilled during the meal. The only refill I received was once the meal was brought out. Later, I ordered a beer for my wife and received it but no refill of the ice tea even though I told the waitress that I was driving. Upon completion of my meal I took the check up to the counter. The waitress came and I asked for the manager. She came and I asked her to justify charging $2,49 for the ice tea when they didn't refill it. The manager said that our waitress was at our table multiple times and that she disagreed with my comment. I told her she was wrong and that I have been out to dinner many times and this was the worse service I received in a long time. I paid the ticket, but that is when things went wrong. Some customer sitting at a table near the front desk got up and told me to leave. I told him to mind his own business and he stood there. Then a guy came out of the kitchen and claimed to be the owner. Instead of gathering the facts he assumed his staff was correct because the manager said everything was okay and that I received great service. He started telling me to leave but I told him that he took my money so I had a right to state my position. Then another guy from the kitchen came and pushed me. This created an unstable situation because then I squared up to all of them and told them to watch themselves. The owner threaten to call the police so I told him to go ahead, he still had my money so I wanted answers. Finally, we began to walk out and I told him that Darla was the worse server I ever had. The owner decided it was in his best interest to call me a liar rather than to have taken the complaint and drop it. The server insisted she gave good service and wanted to also get in my face. I've been to many restaurants but I have never been treated like this before. If you want good food but poor service then eat here. If you value service, as I do, then I would recommend going to another place to eat. Eventhough I am convinced this situation got out of hand by everyone involved (myself included) it should have never reached a point of near violence over a complaint.

1 Thank Jack3SanJacinto
beaumont
“ob ly place to get a good steak in HEMET”
Reviewed June 25, 2008

we have been comming to many steer n stein restaurants for over 30 yers, the steaks are always good, never had a bad meal yet,.beesst plce in Hemet for a steak,dttr in law loves their ranch dressing,

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“For a good steak don't go here. Drive a few more miles to Temecula and get a great steak.”
Reviewed December 30, 2007

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor Member
“I Love This Place”
Reviewed March 2, 2006

I have gone to the steer inn in anaheim hills for years off of lake view and 91 freewayand i always love it. it has the best steaks and feliet menigon around. there service is the greatest i highly recomend steer innto anyone who wants a great steak " stockyard"!! the price is great as well!!

Chris Del Valle