“Now This is Mexican Food!”

El Patron Mexican Cantina & Grill
Ranked #57 of 198 Restaurants in Hemet
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami, Florida
“Now This is Mexican Food!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

What fun! The food was outstanding. We had Chimichangas, Carnitas Burrito, Carne Asado Burrito, Guacamole served table side and of course Margarita's. The servers were so pleasant and knowledgeable. Can't say enough for the food. Small town, locally owned and a great neighborhood atmosphere. The Bar was buzzing with a lively Happy Hour and filled with the local neighbors. This was our first visit but we will go out of our way to eat here.

• Visited December 2013

Hemet, California
“VERY BAD SECURITY CREW”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I had been to this restaurant many times, giving very good tips, but this weekend I had a very bad time with their security personnel. A fat woman sitting at the bar started insulting me because accidentally I hit her chair with my chair..then she started calling me names and I went back to my chair...then the people who supposedly act as SECURITY...asked me to go outside to talk, that was very discriminating, only because I am latina and the other woman was a white woman..they were supposed to take her out...so...I refused to go outside with this SECURITY boy who has no idea how to treat people and customers, I felt so embarrassed, he also threatened me with calling the owner, and I said yes, please call him, then with calling the POLICE!!!! that was simply ridiculous, I am a customer and deserve respect..and this SECURITY CREW IS ABUSIVE OF THEIR POWER, RACIST, WITH NO IDEA OF WHAT THE WORD "RESPECT" MEANS...I am a professional 50 yrs old woman...how can someone treat people like that?...The owner of EL PATRON,...should fire these guys and hire really professional people to protect customers from situations like this. I will never go back to that restaurant again in my life...added that their food is not the best in town...I WILL MAKE SURE ALL TOWN KNOW THE KIND OF RISK THEY TAKE BY VISITING THIS POOR RESTAURANT.

• Visited December 2013
Hemet, California
“Has Gone Down Hill Fast”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I am a regular in the area have tried all the Mexican food resteraunts in the area is this one started out fine but has gone hill way too fast, the food has become so so and the service is as if the staff didnt even want to be there, and it seems that as they have tried to cater more to the local night life, there are way too many bar fights there to be comfortable,

• Visited September 2013
“Very busy but not very tasty”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We went for their Sunday brunch. The restaurant was very busy but we were not impressed with the flavor of the food. We had to wait for them to prepare several dishes in the buffet line. The Margaritas were very tadty though.

• Visited September 2013
San Diego
“Worth the wait..”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I think El Patron has good food, a nice bar area but the service leaves some to be desired. It seems like they don't have dedicated servers for each table so there will be three people asking if you needs something to drink.The interior is "fine", hopefully they will update it at some point. I have always enjoyed my meal... my new favortie is the caesar salad. Yum! Of all the options on the East side of town, this is my favorite. Price is right, the food is good.. just be ready to deal with a flighty wait staff.

• Visited June 2013