“Very busy but not very tasty”

El Patron Mexican Cantina & Grill
Ranked #67 of 198 Restaurants in Hemet
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We went for their Sunday brunch. The restaurant was very busy but we were not impressed with the flavor of the food. We had to wait for them to prepare several dishes in the buffet line. The Margaritas were very tadty though.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I think El Patron has good food, a nice bar area but the service leaves some to be desired. It seems like they don't have dedicated servers for each table so there will be three people asking if you needs something to drink.The interior is "fine", hopefully they will update it at some point. I have always enjoyed my meal... my new favortie is the caesar salad. Yum! Of all the options on the East side of town, this is my favorite. Price is right, the food is good.. just be ready to deal with a flighty wait staff.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We have been to this restaurant several times because it is one of the only restaurants on our east end of town. The food has been very good everytime we are there! The service is a different story! Nobody is there to great you at the door , no silverware or napkins on the table and when you ask for them they show up ten minutes later. Nothing like staring at your salad wishing you could eat it. Everytime I've been there it's the same senerio , the entree comes too quickly. Yes I'm a fan of fast service but when you have only taken one bite of the salad.... Your entree is tossed down at the table and there are no questions like " can I get you anything else or does everything look good". The waitress just walks away. And hopefully you got what you ordered because you won't see your waitress for at least fifteen or twenty minutes. Empty glasses with no refills offered. Saturday nights are extremely noisy with load bumping Hispanic music . The dining area had a large projector screen with a Disney movie playing but you couldn't hear it. I will repeat that the food tastes great but they need to have a a staff meeting on costumer service. Oh, and right outside the front door as we were walking in an intoxicated youth was trying to sell a purse . Scary!

1  Thank triskit1
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My family and I have tried their food 3 different times. 2 dining experiences that were just horrible. Wait staff was rude and couldnt get orders correct. Food was awful. A mexican restaurant that cant cook a taco is sad. Even tried their appetizers: american fried food, it was just as awfull. No flavor, my kids wouldnt even eat it.
On a better note... their margaritas are pretty good.
I'll go to this restaurant for happy hour only. No more eating there for me...

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The restaurant is great. The staff is friendly, we actually had dinner there both nights we were staying in Hemet. The food was so good and very reasonably priced.