“It was okay”

Best Western Plus Diamond Valley Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Hemet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had a quiet nonsmoking room with two comfortable double beds, wet bar with coffemaker, fridge and microwave, and free parking for $65. Free continental breakfast had the usual but you could also make your own waffles, even had warm butter. Check in is 2pm but we didn't get in until midnight. To my pleasure, they had held our room. Check out is 11am but we were still getting ready when that time came and went. No problems or hassle from the staff. Just a cheerful wish for a good day when we finally left. I call that a good deal! Additionally, Hemet is an adorable little town; my daughter now wants to move there! The personalities in the town are very friendly. Everyone in the restaurant, fast food spot, and gas station was more cheerful than I usually see.

• Stayed July 2012
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed at this hotel as the price was really cheap and I wasn't planning on staying at the hotel very much other than just to sleep. I ended up staying here 4 days (2 days longer than I planned).
The room I stayed in had 2 beds as I was staying there with a relative and it suited us well. There is little room other than the 2 beds. You can tell that the hotel is getting a little dated but it certainly provides a person with the basics. There is a breakfast included and its pretty decent for the price you pay for the room. You can even make your own waffle which I don't see often for this type of hotel.
Everything about the hotel is pretty basic but the location is good and the price is right.
I was a little put off but some people who were just "hanging" around the hotel in the evening...doesn't make a good impression.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

I was very happy with my stay at super 8 in Hemet. For the price I was surprised to see that it was clean and safe in a good location. Any thing you could possibly need is right there within walking distance! The staff there were all nice and knew the area well. I would definitely recommend this motel to friends and family! Thanks

• Stayed April 2012
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was not overly impressed with the Super 8 in Hemet,CA. I was only staying one night, but the hotel has clearly been here for a number of years and it's starting to show. It was here when I lived here 13 years ago and is in need of probably its first upgrade. The ice machine was broken (not mentioned at check in) so I had to walk across the parking lot to get cups of ice from Wendy's where they told me someone else had to do the same thing yesterday. The floor creaks most places where you walk. The cable choices are minimal. Not really worth the $66/night. Only positive was the decent speed of Wifi.

Next trip to Hemet, I will be looking at different options.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Booked a reservation based on pix on the internet and recommendation from family who had heard via the grapevine that is was a good place to stay.
Wrong!! The place is old and in very bad need of major TLC. Pix on the net must be from another Super 8 or 25 yrs old.
Window wouldnt close. Sheets paper thin. Overwhelming smell of deodorizer to hide the musty smell.
Bed was 1 above a rock, furniture would have been more eclectic if it was apple boxes. Closet door hanging off its hinge. Faucet wouldnt shut off in the bath and I took a shower with my shoes on "just in case". Was enterained by the banging of the headboard from the room next door. Left the next morning by 7am and thankfully no little critters came home with us.

Night clerk was very pleasant and helpful. Glad its over.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We recently visited Hemet , had to stay at a hotel. Our experience was. We checked in late. The first thing we saw on the Lobby was a a female and a male who were clearly intoxicated. The front desk clerk was very nice, except for the tattooed wrist ( i have nothing against tattoos) I just felt it looked inappropriate . The carpet was dirty as well as the sofas in the waiting area. The elevator is old. The room was spacious , the beds were double , but very small , the bathroom is very small and the sink is outside the bathroom. Our room did come with a microwave and coffee maker. Overall the price is high for this hotel. The only good thing was that it was close to restaurants and shopping center

Room Tip: you can find a better deal