“Decent Pan Asian spot”

Dining options: Reservations
chicago
“Decent Pan Asian spot”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Pleasant,clean dining room -not too crowded on a hot July evening.

Enjoyed the house salad with the peanut dressing-also garlic shrimp with a plateful of al dente broccoli

My wife enjoyed the salt and pepper shrimp-tho it was a bit different than the classic Chinese preparation.

The hot Thai fried rice was not spicy tho the waitress pointed out we can heat up any dish with the 3 hot sauces on the table.

If you want heat-best to ask for it.

Would return

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank jfadds

“great food great service”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We had a group of seven the other day. They made sure we had a table set apart so we could talk. The food was comparable to the finer Asian restaurants in the major cities we have visited. The fried rice and curry dishes were very delicate and had the right touches needed for a quality taste. Everything from soup to Lichee nuts was wonderful. Don't miss this place.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Fox R
Hemet, California, United States
“OMFG You have to eat here!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Without a doubt, this is BY FAR the best Thai food I have ever eaten. I swear it on my children. THEY will swear it on themselves! I suspect anyone giving this place a low score is working for a rival restaurant. The atmosphere is clean and inviting. Hand-painted murals adorn the walls in a soft and careful way. There is even a wall of gently cascading water on one side. Seating is laid out so that while space is maximized, everyone has there own area and elbows don't bump. The service is top notch. They do not write down the order, because they don't need to. They know it all like the back of their hands! One is never wanton for another drink, and frequent visits are part of the charm.
Let's get to the food. The scrumptious, delicious, mouth-watering food! Everything is cooked fresh here. Staples, like pineapple fried rice are teaming with flavor, fresh pine-apple and shrimp. Panang curry, made with fresh coconut milk is enough to write your mother about. and the Pho...perfect in every way. I cannot say enough good things about this place. If you do not give it a try you truly are doing yourself a disservice.

• Visited March 2014
5 Thank Don L
Naperville, Illinois
“little to bland for me”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

visited family and this is where they chose. it was good, but not my favorite thai meal of all time. the pad thai was decent but a little bland for my liking. also had the sweet and sour chicken which also was a little to bland for me. the egg rolls were good, probably my favorite part of the meal.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank mja1982
Port Orchard, WA
“Yupsters will like it ... Asian food eaters will say "Hmmmm"”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were visiting from out of town and were told this was the best Asian food in town and that Pho was their specialty. Since I am a Pho-natic ... it was on!

When we got there, it was very nicely decorated and seating was fairly quick even though they were busy. Our waitress was pretty dingy but nice. She messed up on our drinks and when we ordered water, she just brought one glass for the guy that had mentioned "We would like water". That's OK. The menu is an eclectic mix of Thai, Vietnamese and Chinese.

We ordered appetizers, three of us had the Pho, a couple had Chinese and everything came in a reasonable amount of time.

The appetizers were a bit tough and over cooked but very tasty.

when they brought out the Pho, they only had one plate for the condiments so we had to pass it down the table. Not a big deal, but there really wasn't three servings of condiments so we were shorted quite a bit. When I asked for additional bean sprouts, she just picked up the plate from the other end of the table and dropped it in front of me and took off. Hmmm

OK ... I tasted the broth and it was extremely bland. Pho is all about the broth and this stuff had no five spice and tasted like they just dunked a bone in boiling water for a few minutes. Hmmm. The noodles on the bottom of the bowl were stuck together like they had been cooked and then removed from their water without re-heating. One of the meats in the Pho was a VERY overcooked and tough slice of beef. Normally, I can break up meat in Pho with my chopsticks or spoon but this I had to pickup, bite and grab with my fingers to tear. Hmmm

I kept my mouth shut since I was a guest, but when we got out to the car, my better half asked if my Pho was not good. So ... I am not just too picky. The others at the table were happy with their stuff, but then again ... they think Taco Bell is Mexican food. I come from WA and we have a HUGE Asian community here where real Pho as well as yuppy Pho is everywhere.

If you are not an Asian food aficionado, this place will be just fine. If you are really into Asian food ... Pho-gedaboudit!

• Visited February 2014