“Yummy Barbeque”

Sweet Baby Jane's BBQ
Ranked #13 of 203 Restaurants in Hemet
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Open Thanksgiving Day Restaurants in Hemet Sweet Baby Jane's Barbeque Restaurant in Hemet is a Family owned and operated Full Service Dining Experience with Live Music 6 nights a week. Sweet Baby Jane's BBQ offers a wide array of Menu items and Full Bar. Our meats are wood smoked on premises and steaks are handcut. Come into Sweet Baby Jane's Barbecue Restaurant in Hemet to have a great time with friends and family. Best Thanksgiving Dinner in Hemet
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great full bar and 32 oz draft beers for $5. Food is delicious and service is top notch. Smoked ribs, pork, steak, chicken covered in tasty homemade sauce, with terrific sides to choose from. Last Friday I had smoked prime rib that was to die for. Generous servings....I always take a doggie bag home. Prices are reasonable and they have good specials. Four of us enjoyed a nice dinner with drinks for under $85, including tip! Casual, fun, and hardly ever crowded.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Had high hopes for Sweet Baby jane's and would certainly say that the smoker out back smells good. I tried a number of smaller dishes to test the menu. The Catfish was tasty, but somewhat barren on the plate and expensive. There was nothing "sizzling" with the Sizzling Shrimp....merely sauteed shrimp swimming in sweet and hot goo sauce with mushy rice. The artichoke/spinach dip was premade and microwave ready as was the cheese on the "Cheesy Garlic Bread". There were no standout dishes, but the server was very attentive and willing to customize any order. I hope for better things next time I try this restaurant as it would be nice if they could make it.....

2  Thank markcap
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The food here is fantastic. The service is stellar. Good old-fashioned barbque. We had our dinners served "family style". That is we each picked and entree and shared. This resulted in a great dining experience. The ribs were fall-off-the-bone tender and the tastiest I've ever had. The brisket was super deliscious and also tender with a great smoky flavor. The ham was out out of this world. Seasoned perfectly, it was full of smoky flavor without being too salty. The side dishes were homemade and very good. Give this place a try sometime when you want something different.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Well let's see where to start.......we thought this place might belinked the the other BBQ place we use to have that closed down. If this is the case then I don't know what the heck happend in the move.

Me my husband and cousin decided to give this place a try, we know wish we hadn't. First off was the salads we got with our meals, pretty hard to mess up a salad but somehow they managed too. There was more water in it than the lettuce and dressing combined. Not to be rude but it is called a salad spinner, it removes the excess water from the salad, they should really try it.

My husband ordered the Tri-Tip and it was bland and cold. My cousin ordered the brisket, it was extremely dry and cold. I though I'd try the BBQ chicken, it looked more like and tasted as though they baked it and then put BBQ sauce on top of it. I've had BBQ chicken before and what I was served was NOT BBQ chicken.
The baked beans & macaroni & cheese were so bland and unflavorful it was sad. I do have to say the potato salad wasn't bad though, was actually the only thing aside from the french fries that I actually enjoyed.

Service was good and the staff were friendly but the food was I'm sorry to say horrible, except for the potato salad but who wants to just eat potato salad.

We've thought about giving this pace another try to see maybe if they were just off their game that day, I do give people the benefit of the doubt and try to give them another chance but so far haven't been able to convince the Husband yet. We might try again and if it is better the second time around I'll post another review saying so but if it is not then I won't bother.

1  Thank calgal81
Reviewed July 31, 2011

The waiter greeted us outside and opened the door. He told us about all the specials and promptly took our drink order while seating us. It was a nice surprise to hear live music playing, at a non disturbing volume, in the bar area that we could lightly hear from our booth on the other side of the restaurant. The place is decorated so you instantly enter an atmosphere of being in someone's home, with photos, a calm lighting, & people laughing.

I ordered a Saturday night special of Beef Ribs, all the ribs on the menu are pork. My mother ordered the smoked turkey sandwich with the BBQ sauce on the side; based on a suggestion by our waiter because she wanted something light.

My ribs were the best I've ever had. Meaty & moist! They had a deep wine red smoked color on the inside and were perfect on the outside. They served me 4 of these large delicious ribs. So GOOD. Their house potato is like a big french fry, they serve it with baked potato sides, but it would be just as good with ketchup. The baked beans side I chose were sweet and laced with bacon. My mother was pleased with her turkey sandwich and said her coleslaw side was really good too. Our bill was under $30, a great deal for the portions, flavor, and atmosphere. I'll be back for more.

At the end of our meal, we spilled a glass of water/ice on our table and a waitress and busser were there immediately to help, we didn't even have the chance to hail someone; they must have hurried over at the sound of the spill.

The only downside was that I felt a little rushed a couple of instances. A couple of times by the waiter and again from the busser. The restaurant wasn't packed so it's not like they had to turn over our seat quickly. Maybe they were just anxious for a dinner rush.

Been to Sweet Baby Jane's BBQ? Share your experiences!