“An OK Place”

Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Nice rooms, actually, but such a shabby exteriror to the place that it is hard to get over that to properly rate the rooms. Final verdict - overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 3, 2014

My room had a doorway into an adjoining room which allowed unbelievable noise in my room. I could hear their conversation like they were in my room. Woke me up in the middle of the night and I could not go back to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2014

rooms need some updating but were clean. the stand that held the microwave and mini fridge was duct taped together and carpets should be replaced. very worn, old. but great location and great price if you stay 3+ days.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The rooms are a bit small, but clean and very nice for the money. The microwave and refrigerator were a plus. We were impressed with the breakfast provided: waffles, cereal, fruit, juice, and a machine that dispenses different types of hot drinks, such as coffee, chai, cappuccino, etc. No pool, but is does have a hot tub. Will absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Jennifer L, Manager at Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thanks for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor, I'm so glad you found our location convenient to area attractions and services. Hope to see you in Healdsburg again soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Travelodge Healdsburg on Feb. 22, 2014. There was a problem with our reservation at the Best Western hotel (across the street) and we had no room and chose this hotel because it was close to the Best Western where my sister and brother-in-law were staying.

The cost was $179 per night; and that was $100 too much. To say that the hotel is not up to par would be and understatement; I don't think that it has been updated in 15-20 years. However, the room was clean and the bed was good and we both got a good nights sleep. But the appointment of the room was miss and match and the room was small.

The hosts were were very friendly, cordial, and helpful; they just don't have a lot to work with.

I would not stay there again and would not recommend it to friends or family.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor and selecting us for your trip to Healdsburg! I know what a challenge weekend rates can be in Sonoma County but i assure you we price our hotel dependent on what the market is doing. If demand for hotel rooms is high rates will reliably follow. In Sonoma County where all rentals are well above national averages the rates are relevant and our hotel (indeed most other hotels) still sell out at those rates because demand for rooms is very high Friday and Saturday through the summer. All hotels operate this way

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I want to thank the staff at the Travelodge for exceeding my expectations. The brand has a certain cheapness one would come to expect doing a lot of travel, with low expectations. With that in mind, this property really impressed me. I stayed for about three weeks during business in January. The owner and his family and staff did a great job providing a clean and comfortable, welcoming environment for such a low nightly price. The property itself has the cheaper side feel to it, but much nicer than most low grade hotels.

Strengths
Breakfast - Free, yet limited. Nice touch when leaving out early in the morning for work - some pastries, cinnamon rolls, and coffee/espresso machine drinks.
Location - I found a 24 hour Safeway, Round Table pizza, Laundromat, and McDonalds all within a few minutes from the property.
Price - The desk staff was willing to work with me on rate for an extended stay during winter months.
Staff - Friendly and very accommodating.
Room keys - I always am grateful when I don’t have repeated key issues. They worked fine for me during my entire stay.
Fridge/Micro - Wonderful! Very nice to keep food and drinks cold, as well as heat up frozen dinners.
AC/Heat - Although old and dated, the unit works really well! Kept me toasty all night, every night.
Room - Layout was very nice. Corner windows with chairs and two tables. Comfy bed and nice mattress. I may have been lucky.
Patio - Nice for lounging on a warm night.

Weaknesses
Their biggest problem is no elevator - no bueno. I am normally a stair kind of traveler, but having several loads upon arrival and departure is tiring, especially when the housekeeper is waiting at the door side for you to leave. Stairwells were in good condition though.
Room - Old floral bed spreads have got to go! Time for white linen.
Housekeeping service hours are very limited, only available in the morning.
Only one garbage can on site after hours, was sort of frustrating.

Overall, very minimal complaints, with no problems considered. It has a cheap name and image, but exceeds its expectations of a Travelodge. Clean and comfortable, do it if you need a cheap place in Healdsburg!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
Geyserville Inn
Geyserville Inn
#1 of 1 in Geyserville

Been to Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!