“Wine Country Weekend”

Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Vancouver
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Made last minute reservations at this hotel and found it overpriced for what it offered but as it turns out it was the most affordable for our quick overnighter. Staff was courteous and knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast was typical fair for this type of facility. One standout at breakfast was the self serve espresso machine which made fine cappuccinos and mochas. Counter space in room by sink area was tight. Heating and A/C unit was ultra modern, efficient, and quiet. Bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor to avoid headlights beaming into your room.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights recently, while touring the wine country. The room was very comfortable. there was a table with 2 chairs and a desk with another chair. Fridge in room was a plus for our snacks and white wines. They had a nice complimentary breakfast room in the mornings. Room had modern quiet a/c heating unit. All this for $79/nt. It was the best deal of our 10 day trip.

Abbotsford, B C, Canada
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We wanted to stay in Healdsburg to do cycling and the Best Western was fully booked, so we booked the Travelodge. It was overpriced for what was presented. Staff were friendly and pleasant. Room was adequate, not so spacious, but relatively clean. Sink separate from toilet which is always nice. Had a hard time getting water into coffee machine as extension cord was too short. Breakfast was very lame. They could have done better. Apples and oranges appreciated. WiFi worked and desk and office chair good for working. A/c worked but was directly overhead of bed so blew right on you as you slept which I didn't like. Other hotel guests were noisy and bumping the walls. Bed was good. Stairways narrow and grimy. Hotel ok but don't know if I'd stay here again, unless desperate for room in Healdsburg!

Room Tip: Hotel close to freeway but room on second floor ok for road noise. Room bright enough and adequate s...
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I'm sorry...but I can't help but laugh at folks paid $200+ to stay here, I mean its TRAVELODGE!

FORTUNATELY, I only paid $58/night for two nights during President's Day weekend. Room 207...mostly clean, fridge was loud so I unplugged it, TP was soft enough, heater worked well, DirectTV had awesome Bollywood music video channels, and the bed was comfy(if you like firmer beds like me).

UNFORTUNATELY, this place bad, but not god awful. Expedia reviewers gave this place 3.7 Stars. I should've cross referenced with Yelp and TripAdvisor...what was I thinking? The walls are thin and the hallways echo in your room. The first night I must have been exhausted and slept like rock, but the second night I awoke to this annoying ticking/clicking sound coming from the wall, I had no idea where it was coming from. Took me awhile to fall back to ZZzzzz... :(

The first floor does smell like curry at night, I'm guessing from the owners/staff cooking up some tasty dinner. So ask for the 2nd or 3rd floor if this bothers you. I barely had any conversation with the staff on checking in and out, but they seemed nice.

For $58/night I'm satisfied overall...but I couldn't imagine paying much more than that! Men, if you're trying take her out to a "Romantic" weekend getaway, this is NOT the hotel for that sort of thing.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We booked this for a weekend in August due to lack of availability next door at Best Western. The price was outrageous and then we found black hairs and bug feces under the mattress pad and under the pillows near the headboards. We had two rooms and the second room was no better. We paid over $500 for the two rooms. We showed the hotel owners/managers, a married couple that were there together, and basically blew us off, told us it was no big deal, we could look at another room or leave. Really poor attitude, defensive and lack of concern.......moral of the story, ALWAYS check under the mattress and at the headboard area behind pillows first!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank suznews1

Travelers are raving about these Healdsburg hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Hotel Healdsburg
Hotel Healdsburg
#2 of 9 in Healdsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country

Been to Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!