“Average accommodations” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Abbotsford, B C, Canada
“Average accommodations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We wanted to stay in Healdsburg to do cycling and the Best Western was fully booked, so we booked the Travelodge. It was overpriced for what was presented. Staff were friendly and pleasant. Room was adequate, not so spacious, but relatively clean. Sink separate from toilet which is always nice. Had a hard time getting water into coffee machine as extension cord was too short. Breakfast was very lame. They could have done better. Apples and oranges appreciated. WiFi worked and desk and office chair good for working. A/c worked but was directly overhead of bed so blew right on you as you slept which I didn't like. Other hotel guests were noisy and bumping the walls. Bed was good. Stairways narrow and grimy. Hotel ok but don't know if I'd stay here again, unless desperate for room in Healdsburg!

Room Tip: Hotel close to freeway but room on second floor ok for road noise. Room bright enough and adequate s...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Diego, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I'm sorry...but I can't help but laugh at folks paid $200+ to stay here, I mean its TRAVELODGE!

FORTUNATELY, I only paid $58/night for two nights during President's Day weekend. Room 207...mostly clean, fridge was loud so I unplugged it, TP was soft enough, heater worked well, DirectTV had awesome Bollywood music video channels, and the bed was comfy(if you like firmer beds like me).

UNFORTUNATELY, this place bad, but not god awful. Expedia reviewers gave this place 3.7 Stars. I should've cross referenced with Yelp and TripAdvisor...what was I thinking? The walls are thin and the hallways echo in your room. The first night I must have been exhausted and slept like rock, but the second night I awoke to this annoying ticking/clicking sound coming from the wall, I had no idea where it was coming from. Took me awhile to fall back to ZZzzzz... :(

The first floor does smell like curry at night, I'm guessing from the owners/staff cooking up some tasty dinner. So ask for the 2nd or 3rd floor if this bothers you. I barely had any conversation with the staff on checking in and out, but they seemed nice.

For $58/night I'm satisfied overall...but I couldn't imagine paying much more than that! Men, if you're trying take her out to a "Romantic" weekend getaway, this is NOT the hotel for that sort of thing.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

We booked this for a weekend in August due to lack of availability next door at Best Western. The price was outrageous and then we found black hairs and bug feces under the mattress pad and under the pillows near the headboards. We had two rooms and the second room was no better. We paid over $500 for the two rooms. We showed the hotel owners/managers, a married couple that were there together, and basically blew us off, told us it was no big deal, we could look at another room or leave. Really poor attitude, defensive and lack of concern.......moral of the story, ALWAYS check under the mattress and at the headboard area behind pillows first!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank suznews1

Travelers are raving about these Healdsburg hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We made reservations here about a year ago, for a wedding we were attending. The room was small, but clean, with fridge, microwave, and safe. No complaints at all, except for the price. The TA website states $84 + up; we paid ~$150. Is it because we booked ahead?

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank suz55tbird
Bronxville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Just not a particularly nice location or nice property, as compared to the Healdsburg area in general. Not a particularly good value, but certainly much less expensive than the boutique hotels in town

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn
Hotel Les Mars, Relais & Chateaux
Geyserville Inn
Geyserville Inn
#1 of 1 in Geyserville

Been to Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!