“EXTREMELY RUDE STAFF”

Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I booked a 3 day weekend on the travelodge website about two months prior to our trip. Two weeks before the trip due to conflicts with work I called to cancel one night of the trip- the staff at the hotel quoted a much higher price to stay 2 of the 3 nights & cancel one night. When I asked for rationale or more information I was told to call the corporate number & told the manager would be sick all week. When I called the corporate number I was informed that the hotel controls the price and they could not help me. So, I called the hotel back again today, and was told I should "deal with it online," and that the manager is in a meeting. I asked if I could leave my number for the manager to call me, and the man at the front desk told me that I should call back later. Probably the WORST customer service I have ever experienced!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christina L
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country

Reviewed October 11, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We booked the travelodge about an hour or so before arriving. The room was a good size and clean. Breakfast set up a little strange going through the room with the jacuzzi. Breakfast room small so better to take food to your own room. It was fine for an overnight stay as we arrived, out for dinner then left after breakfast. Healdsburg is really nice and a 20 minute walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Healdsburg T, Manager at Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

We value the stay of our customers greatly. We are pleased to hear that you really liked the room. We really take into consideration the different opinions our guests have with our whole facility during their stay. We look forward to having you stay again with us!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

When my mother and I complained that we found used condoms behind the night table and pubic hair on the toilet, we were moved to another room. It was a smaller room so I requested a discount from the $130 we paid. I also asked for fresh pillow cases as the ones in our new room did not smell clean (like freshly washed and bleached white hotel linens should). Of the three pillows, one smelled flowery (Herbal Essence shampoo-ish) and two smelled sweaty with a hint of head a shoulders. The manager brought new pillows but proceeded to call us "nit-picky" and raised his voice when I explained our reasons. He then began yelling and saying we should just leave and find another hotel if we are so sensitive. He said that moving the nightstand to check if they had cleaned there was ridiculous and I explained that I had been trying to plug my iPhone into the outlet. I also explained that wanting clean bed linens and a room free from used condoms was totally appropriate. He then became very upset about my request for a discount. I told him I had every right to ask for a discount for being in a smaller room than our original one and he had every right to say no, but that he did not need to yell and be aggressive right in the face of a pregnant woman and her mother. He could simply say no. I would never stay here again and I recommend that you stay as far away from this rude cesspool that has no idea how customer service works!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Banana82
Healdsburg T, Manager at Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

When the staff was told to move you to another room, they did so. When you were not appreciated with the new room you were given due to the size, you were moved again into a bigger room. Then again, we were told that there was hair on the toilet when all it was was a scratch. Given the circumstances that it was past midnight and we do not have housekeeping 24 hours, someone came to your room to take care of your needs. From all of this help that our staff gave you, we don't understand where you felt our staff was aggressive. We had asked you to leave because we didn't want our guest to have further problems. You(the guest) were not yelled at but was given an option to checkout with full refund so you could go find another place to stay where you were comfortable. We didn't want our guest to feel as if they had to clean the small things they didn't find right. You were not given a refund because you didn't pay for the size of the room, you paid for the type of the room which was a King Room. Despite that, we switched you rooms twice. We tried hard to meet your one and every need, but somehow you were put under a wrong impression and tell others not to stay at such a beautiful and nice property. Sorry for your inconvenience. Our goal is to provide our guests with the best hospitality we can. We hope our guests don't take us under a bad impression due to this one bad review. All guests have different tastes and this guest happened to deny our hospitality.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Maybe we just got a really nice room, but I was 100% satisfied and ok with staying here! We were going to stay at the Best Western (which is honestly across the street) for an extra $60, but I am so glad we saved the money.
Our room was clean, and the bed was much more comfortable than expected. It is about 1.5 miles out of "downtown" but we drove in for dinner and walked back that night and back in for breakfast in the morning - really safe and it was nice to get some exercise.
Save your money for wine and great food and stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

We are pleased to hear that you had a nice and pleasurable experience at the Healdsburg Travelodge. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We had a great 4-day stay at the Travelodge Healdsburg! It is in a wonderful location and we were able to walk to many of the places we patronized for quick meals, snacks, etc. The room was clean (and fresh smelling!), well-appointed and quiet. There was a well-stocked continental breakfast bar and a clean, well-kept jacuzzi and sauna. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

We are glad thst you enjoyed your stay hear. It's nice to hear that you will be returning to our hotel.
~Healdsburg Traveldoge

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We stayed here for two nights this past week. Everything was great. You are minutes away from the wonderful vineyards in Sonoma. The room was clean and the breakfast was prepackaged danishes which you could take on the run. We went to this area to drink wine and experience the fine dining in Healdsburg. I could not have asked for a better place to stay. Parking was very close to our room. I hope to stay there again and again and again. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

We are glad to hear that you had a terrific experience in Healdsburg. We are excited to have you with us.
~Healdsburg Travelodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
Hotel Healdsburg
Hotel Healdsburg
#4 of 9 in Healdsburg

Been to Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!