“Very Nice and Adequate For The Price”

Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We used our Wyndham Reward points to book a one night stay on line at Travelodge Healdsburg in August after the Pat Benatar concert at the Rodney Strong Vineyards. It was very easy and 16,000 points for a king bed. Upon check out, no other fees. The corner room was clean and sunny; comfortable although smallish. Loved the thick, clean-smelling towels and granite bathroom sink. A/C and refrigerator worked great. Sheets were old but clean. Bed comfortable. Carpets were worn but we were able to walk barefoot. Noise was okay, off the freeway. Could hear at times the big rigs exiting and entering the freeway . Used their spa in a very, very brightly lit room but still relaxing. Complimentary continental breakfast off the spa area in a separate, closed door room. Very nice and pretty with good variety of food but it was weird to walk thru the spa area in shoes when the previous night we were barefoot around the spa. Front Desk was very prompt for request of more towels, very friendly service. For a Travelodge, we were pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: Happy with the second floor. No elevators so the third floor would have been taxing.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country

Reviewed July 3, 2011

.. not worth staying here for sure. My family comes to Healdsburg very frequently since my mom enjoys going to River Rock and I absolutely love downtown Healdsburg and the Alexander Valley in general! We always stay at the Best Western across the street and have absolutely love that place and their staff! However, not paying attention when I booked, I accidentally typed Travelodge instead of Best Western. Why?? I don't know... but this is a mistake I will definitely learn from since my experience with this hotel has taught me a major lesson. Initially, I thought, "Hey, who cares, probably no difference between the two hotel." To my dismay, it was a day and night difference between the two, beginning with the professionalism of the staff (need to learn some hospitality etiquette) up to the size of the rooms, cleanliness and amenities. If I didn't get stuck with my terrible mistake because I learned it that day and I couldn't bail out of my reservation, I would've just forked out more $$ to stay somewhere else. Avoid this place if you can.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Syrah35
Reviewed April 22, 2011

My wife booked a room here the day the day we were leaving using the Travel Lodge website. She chose the $69.99 rate and input credit card info. When she clicked to confirm, the rate jumped to $109.99 and her card was charged. I tried to cancel it immediately, but it wasn't possible because the latest cancellation date allowed was two days prior to that day.

A lot of phone calls to customer service finally got us the $40 overcharge returned, but really, a screwup like that in today's wired world. They need a new IT department.

The hotel itself was just OK except that the bedspread in our room was so dusty it kept our noses stuffed up all night Perhaps they should clean them once in a while..

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TerrySanJose
kd1094, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2011

First of all you tried to book this on a third party website which we dont take accountable for and next time check before you go ahead and confirm the reservation. The best thing to do is contact the hotel directly to book a reservation.

Reviewed March 17, 2011

My boyfriend made a reservation here through Orbitz. We had the printed confirmation in our hand. When we arrived, however, the check-in clerk wouldn't honor the price we'd been quoted. It was late and we were tired, so my boyfriend probably would've paid the higher price, about $20 more, except the clerk was extrememly rude. We called Orbitz, but they were unable to help. It looked like a nice place, but we ended up at a hotel across the street. If you book through Orbitz or hotels.com, you might want to call the hotel itself to confirm the price before you arrive.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shilo1740
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I have not yet stayed in this place, but I did look into staying there and learned how to book a flexible room reservation, to avoid several of the complaints I see here.

Upon getting a rate quote and hearing the words "non-refundable," I told them to forget it, because my plans were never so solid I could afford to bet on them. At that point, he explained:
"To avoid that, you can book a room at a higher refundable rate, then cancel that booking a day before your trip and replace it with a non-refundable rate the day before you go."

It's not entirely a happy thing that this guy didn't provide this info until I was ready to walk, but there aren't a lot of cheap places to stay in this town. If you need to stay there, at least this way seems to provide a way to avoid some of the complaints on this board. (There are a few things worse than paying money for a place you never stayed at but not many, for cheap SOBs like myself.)

Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Youphemism
Reviewed January 25, 2011

When the need arose for me to stay for in Healdsburg for a couple of days I went on line. Notwithstanding the harsh reviews, I chose to stay at the Travelodge because it was the cheapest. I could not have been more pleased. The staff was extremely courteous and accommodating. The room was clean and bright. The air conditioning/heating controls were easy to use. The room had a safe, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, hairdryer, a large tv and free wireless internet. Lots of bright lights. Down the hall there was a hot tub. The continental breakfast was first rate. Coffee, tea, danish pastry, mini-muffins, orange juice, apple juice and dry cereal. Only caveat: if you have a problem with stairs, be sure to ask for a room on the ground level. As to the critical reviews, they don't sound like the same hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2010

the rooms are clean, and whatnot,-the rates are a lil on the high side, but its convenient to the highway & the town./w that said, the desk clerk is remarakble rude.I asked for a late checkout, and was rather brusquely informed that if I checked out so much as minute late, (i.e 11; 01 am), that my CC would be charged an extra day (andm, oh, btw, NO REFUNDS!).given that the room was around $80 bucks to begin with, this sort of left a bad taste in my mouth.also, the (not very much of a breakfast) room has to be accessed via the spa room? this strikes me as potentially dangerous for older people and children, not to mention a bit unssanitary.--its a pity, too, becuase is really IS a property with a LOT of potential.were it not for the rude desk clerk, I *might* recommend it. with that said, I am of the mind that being in the hotel loyalty club, SHOULD get one the occasional late checkout.--truthfully, the more I deal with wyndham properties, the more I appreciate my choice privileges platinum account.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank legendaryrob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
Hotel Healdsburg
Hotel Healdsburg
#4 of 9 in Healdsburg

Been to Travelodge Healdsburg - Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!