Best Western Dry Creek Inn
$457
$101
Hotwire.com
Average 3/5
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
$350
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
Average 3/5
2,109 results
All reviewstuscan roomsvilla toscanabest westernswine countrydry creeksteam roomtuscan stylegas stationfree breakfasthot tubwine tastingbreakfast roomfire pitflat screen tvdowntown healdsburgconvenient locationnice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2010

The Best Western Dry Creek Inn has what I would consider their Cinderella building which is the newly constructed "Tuscan" rooms and their older step-sister building which...I don't think has a special name. Needless to say, my gf and I spent one night in the older section of the complex. The room itself was average but roomy, with a sitting area and desk. The king bed was soft and I was pleasantly surprised by its attempt at a nicer comforter instead of one of those thin quilt-like covers.

The service at the front desk was great helping us with requests. I'm sure they get this alot, but we got back to our room late Sat night and didn't have a wine opener, so I called the front desk and they GAVE me a small travel corkscrew opener. I even asked if he had some extra wine glasses and sure enough, he came back with 2 glasses to use! Kudos for knowing their clientele!

My one gripe was that the walls and floor/ceilings are pretty thin. People who aren't conscious about their fellow neighbors below (i.e. me) will undoubtedly sound like Andre the Giant (i.e. them) walking around at times. Also I could even faintly hear the next door room's TV on. Being Valentine's Day eve, luckily I didn't hear anything else from the rooms around me, and hopefully they could say the same!

Overall, a decent stay for an overnighter on a busy holiday weekend. Next time though, I'd definitely spring for the newer Tuscan room if it was available.

Reviewed February 16, 2010

Let me start out by saying that I cannot even begin to understand how this hotel garners so many positive reviews. I am a realistic traveler who is not delusional about what to expect in a budget hotel, but even so, I'm pretty sure this is the worst hotel experience I've had in years. For those who just want a quick summary, trust me - avoid this place!

I should point out that the only reason we stayed in Healdsburg was because we were having dinner at Cyrus, which is an amazing restaurant in the downtown area. We didn't want to be faced with a long drive after a multi-course dinner, but all of the downtown Healdsburg hotels seem to be $300+ per night - not what we were looking for after spending that much at dinner. However, at $100/night inclusive of all taxes (including a $2/night "resort fee"), the Dry Creek Inn is definitely not a good deal.

Some of the low-lights:
- Property is next to the highway underpass, sharing a lot with a gas station and a restaurant that clearly used to be an IHOP/Denny's. There were actually people in the parking lot performing maintenance on their vehicles.
- First room ("standard" in the older building) reeked of smoke and mustiness, even though it's a smoke-free property. Turning on the A/C didn't help. Upon closer inspection we noticed ants everywhere - coming out of the A/C unit, on the table/chairs, walking all over the bedspread.
- We immediately packed up and went back down to reception, where they apologized and assured me that they take their smoke-free policy seriously. They assigned me another room on the opposite end of the building (still the un-renovated one).
- This second room was larger but similar in quality and upkeep. It was an adjoining room - but the bolt on the door to the next room didn't even lock! The hotel's solution was just to place a large recliner in front of the door. We went back down to reception to alert them and they suggested right away that the door had probably sunken a bit and they'd send maintenance. Surely housekeeping and other guests would've noticed this - it shouldn't take a complaint about a door not locking for this to happen!
- The door was "fixed" by maintenance, so we settled in - only to notice a wet, dirty bath towel hanging on the hook in the bathroom. The remaining dry towels were hardly "clean" either - two of them were covered in assorted stains.
- Ants also crawled into this room through the A/C unit, as we found them crawling over the table/chairs over the next two days. This hotel clearly has a pest problem.

You would think that after so many issues with my reservation the staff would call to determine if we were satisfied - or even move us to a newer room - but we never heard anything from them. Upon checkout, I wasn't even asked whether I had an enjoyable stay...

There is a Travelodge across the street that looks comparable in quality from the outside. Who knows what it's like on the inside, but given the terrible amenities in this $100/night hotel, how much worse could it be for half the price?

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
aaron9556, General Manager at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2010

It's unfortunate this guest had a bad experience at our hotel. We do take these complaints seriously and would like to address them accordingly. The other reviews written by other Trip Advisor members are accurate and true.

The location of our hotel is adjacent to US Highway 101. There is no secret about this. We are a mid-priced limited service hotel that has a very nice family style resturant adjacent to our hotel. This resturant is patronized by our local community and various law enforcement agenicies, as well as our guests. The food and service are very good for this style of resturant. NOT a Denny's by a long shot!!! And certainly not on the same level as Cyrus, which is a five star Michelen rated resturant (one of the top 25 resturants in the country).

The review is a bit slanted and unfair. Yes, there were a couple of minor problems with his guest room. We certaintly do apologize for that. However, we are not trying to hide any of our deficencies, as the guest implies.

Our hotel is NOT smoke free establishment. Being we are a mid-priced lodging option, we offer a limited number of smoking rooms to those customers who choose to smoke. It's unfortunate that the original room given to this guest was a smoking room. The reservation agent made an error and gave him this room in error. The guest was promptly moved, as requested.

Each one of our guest rooms has an overstuffed "Easy-Chair" in the room. In NO way was this chair placed in front of the connecting door to hide a maintenance problem. The lock on the connecting door needed a slight adjustment , which was done promptly by our maitenance staff. I do agree this should have been caught during a room inspection and apoligize this happened.

Upon inspection of our maintenance log for the days of this guests stayed with us, I can find no entries complaining about stained towels or an ant issue. Therefore, our hotel was given NO opportunity to address these issues. Both these matters would have been addressed promptly.

All our towels are new and should be in good shape. If a stainied towel was placed in the room it certainly was an oversight and not indended to be placed there. This is a matter I will certainly be addressing with our housekeeping manager.

We are inspected twice a year by Best Western and annually by AAA. Both of whom rate our hotel very high on in all areas including cleanliness, upkeep and customer service. Our hotel's rating is based according to these inspections.

All in all I agree, there were a couple of minor problems with this customers room. However, each one of the issues was addressed promptly and in a professional manner.

It's unfortunate this customer has overstated the nature of the issues with his guest room to render such a negative opinion of our hotel. We truely regret our hotel did not meet this customers expectations.

At this time, I would like to apologize to the customer for what he perceived as a poor lodging establishment. We obviously disagree with his position.

Thank you.

Aaron Krug

Reviewed February 14, 2010

The cleaning products, the managment informed me, were responsible for the strong smell of coconut oil. We had stayed here a year ago, found it affordable and conveniently located with clean rooms. We booked a two night stay this year and were overwhelmed by the strong scent. Management recommended airing out the room for ten minutes. Eighteen hours and much airing out later, the aroma is still strong. But if you love coconut, you'll want to stay here. I won't again, unless they change their cleaning products. I don't know what's in the products. they might be harmful. At the least, they are offensive.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
aaron9556, General Manager at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2010

It's unfortunate this particular customer found the smell of our cleaning products to be offensive. We apologize.

However, this is a minor complaint for a product we use on a daily basis. The prodcut leaves the room clean and fresh smelling. The product is non-allergenic and non-toxic.

The smell is actually very light in nature but leaves the room with a fresh clean scent.

The product has been used by our hotel for several years now with little or no complaints from our guests. I have not heard this particular complaint form any of our other guests.

Hhowever, we will take this guests comments to "heart" and review the product we are currently using, so that other guests are not offended by its clean smell.

I appreciate this guests comments and hope they return to our hotel someday, as all the other comments at ur hotel were very positive in nature.

Thank you.

Aaron Krug

Reviewed February 11, 2010

This place is the best deal going anywhere near Healdsburg. The staff was friendly and accomodating, breakfast is included and where else can you stay for $80 on a Saturday night in Sonoma that has beds that feel like you're in a 4 star hotel complete with sheets over the blankets like in premium hotels? This is 2nd time I've stayed there and it gets my vote everytime.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2010

as always or for at least 10 years, the Dry Creek Inn, Healdsburg, CA is still the best. the tuscan rooms are wonderful. the staff is always available to help with the smallest of problems that may arise. the breakfast at adel's is more than one can eat for breakfast. the pancake is the size of a plate, two eggs, muffin, cereal, a fresh glass of OJ, and coffee. what more could someone ask for? we will continue to stay here each year because of the service and nice people. the reasonable price is a bonus.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple