“Good value”

Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed October 22, 2005

What you would expect. Fine place with no problems. The complimentary bottle of wine was a nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2005
2  Thank phillycmc

Reviewed August 30, 2005

This little towns in Sonoma are expensive, with the most basic of motel rooms over $100. The Dry Creek is a perfectly fine if basic motor lodge property. Our room was clean and quiet and everything worked well. We had a sofa, mini fridge and other pieces of furniture that made it feel more like a suite. Beyond the room though, most was so basic that it was kind of funny. The pool was miniature in size, as was the fitness room and breakfast room. My compliments to the bagel buyer though - those were some genuine Jewish NY style bagels above the supermarket variety you usually get. The free bottle of wine in the room didn't measure up to the fine wines we'd been sipping all day. If the pool, 'gym' or breakfast room were a little larger I'd give the property a higher rating.

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank TriumphTR7
Reviewed August 8, 2005

Everything during my stay was very pleasant from the front desk to the room cleaning and to the breakfast in the morning. I would recommend your hotel to anyone visiting the area and would return myself next time in the area.

Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank TomMOssining_NY
Reviewed August 7, 2005

I rated this hotel a little lower than I probably should, considering the price. I got the internet special, and a great room that was clean. But the main thing I was promised in the rate was the free bottle of wine and a refrigerator. I could stand being without the wine they offered, but wanted the refrig to keep my stuff cold, and to chill some other wine I had bought, and to refreeze my blue ice for the next day's trip home. I had only figured on staying here overnight, so I didn't want to spend a fortune at a really nice bed and breakfast, cuz the affordable ones were all booked up.

We called it in after I got back from dinner cuz I didn't really miss the frig til then, and the night shift couldn't do anything about it. So he told me to get a credit the next day and let them know that we didn't take it, so that we wouldn't be charged. They were going to apply the charges to the last person in the room. Apparently they had taken the frig along with the wine? Well, I'm surprised the room attendant didn't notice. And the next day, the front desk asked the manager what to do, and he removed even more from a low rate for the inconvenience. At first they weren't going to give me anything, and I refused to sign the final bill, noting that we had to haul ice around to keep things cooled down, and that I was without a blue ice, and had to fill up my ice chest with their ice, and it weighed us down.

But the room was spotless. And I took 201, which was right over the ice machines in 101, and it was next to the stairs. A little noisy in the morning, but otherwise quiet being on the end room.

It was great having a room so conveniently centrally located to the wineries far north. Clos du Bois was just north of us, with Trentadue, and Ferrari Carano was a little further north - a don't miss. And all the wineries south of it were our starters before we got to the hotel. They helped me get a table at a place called the Madrona Manor, which is a hotel/restaurant that's absolutely exquisite. The food was great, the prices weren't bad for a wine pairing dinner ($55 without, $85 with wine) and if I had the money to stay there next time, we'll go there for a special treat. But if you can afford to go, it's really beautiful.

Oh, and don't miss the J winery either. ooh, that's a new favorite. I love their champagne, but now I found some great wines like their chardonnay and viognier and their zin (I usually hate zin), and I joined their club to get these wines they don't sell to the distributors. Anyhow, that's the wineries.

If you don't like something about the hotel that's tangible, nicely complain to the management. They made good. They gave the bottle to me, warm, but I took it home, and they gave me the discount. They were fair about it, so I can't complain.

The breakfast isn't much, but it gave us something in our stomach for the road til we got to lunch.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank nancyhi
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 27, 2005

This is a perfectly serviceable motel for those visiting the northern part of Sonoma wine country. It has the feel of a good budget motel, but its rates do not reflect that: after wrangling with reservations I was able to obtain a rate of $105 a night. Though I realize that wine country is an expensive destination, especially in late July, upon viewing the roadside-motel ambiance and the cheap decor of the rooms (outdated particle-board furniture and tied-down items such as irons and coffee makers--does wine country really attract the kind of riffraff that would steal small appliances?!) I felt the place was overpriced. With some updating of the decor of the rooms the place would be worth the rate, given the location.

That said, I found it clean and safe, and it does have amenities. The guest laundry was free--though the dryers took forever--and the room came with a mini-fridge and coffee maker. The free bottle of wine was mediocre, but free wine is free wine. I got up too late to evaluate the free continental breakfast. The staff was professional and check-in/check-out were efficient. I'd recommend it to budget travellers who don't care about ambiance and who are able to negotiate a better rate than I got.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Playa Del Rey, CA
Reviewed July 26, 2005

We enjoyed our stay at your hotel a great deal! The rooms were very nice and the pool was a relaxing stop at the end of a day of wine tasting. The location of your hotel is perfect with its proximity to both Healdsburg, with its small town feel and great restaurants, and also to the Alexander, Dry Creek and Russian River Valleys where we spent most of our days. We really enjoyed the great wines and the distinctive tastes and varietals associated with each different growing area. Don't be surprised if we stay with you again the next time we visit the area.

Thanks again.

Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 13, 2005

My wife and I just returned from a three-day weekend at the Best Western Dry Creek Inn in Healdsburg, Calif.
Healdsburg is a charming little city whose inkeepers and restaurateurs are becoming increasingly pretentious, much spoiled by success. The Dry Creek Inn is a conspicuous exception.
For $134 a night on an in-season summer weekend, we got a very large and modern, well-lit room with two queen beds and an acceptable continental breakfast with fresh apples and bananas. The hotel is conveniently located, a few minutes away from such excellent wineries as Ridge and Dry Creek (still no charge for basic tastings) and just a few blocks away from Zin, Ravenous and the city's other swank and pricey eateries.
Yes, it's part of a chain, but no two Best Westerns are exactly alike. I consider this a true and rare California Wine Country find. And they even give you a welcoming bottle of wine, a decent Chardonnay.

8  Thank barryzwick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
#4 of 24 in Santa Rosa
Geyserville Inn
Geyserville Inn
#1 of 1 in Geyserville

Been to Best Western Dry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!