“Nice place to stay in Healdsburg”

Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The facility was very dog friendly. The breakfast was probably the best run setup I have seen. The cable was not operating when I stayed here, so no news, or much on the tube (flat screen) in the evenings. However, the internet connection was satisfactory. We stayed in the older building with our dog and the experience was very pleasant overall.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Write a ReviewReviews (2,087)

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were a group of 30 women quilters and stayed at the hotel for 4 days. We used the Inn's conference room as our work center. The conference room is bright and spacious and had two fireplaces. The room rates here for our group, were very reasonable for both the Tuscan rooms and the Vintage rooms. The best part was the service from the hotel staff who went out of their way to make our stay perfect.

Room Tip: These rooms also come with a buffet breakfast in the Breakfast room , which was outstanding. They ha...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Great location to walk to town/cab to town for wine tasting. Room was clean and staff was friendly. Only downside would be the heater smelled when you had it on (so we didn't use it) but that didn't hinder our experience.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I was awaken at 8 am by the maid, who just walked into our room the morning after Valentine's Day. When I brought this up to the staff upon check-out, they told me that it was my fault for not leaving the hanging hook for the maid and told me that I must not stay in hotels that much… I told them that was inaccurate, but I would not be staying at theirs again. Also, don't be fooled on the exterior photos on their website. You will only be looking at that Tuscan style building, not staying in it.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
aarondci, Owner at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Past Guest:

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting or exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Let me start by apologizing for the housekeeper attempting to enter your room in order to service it. I spoke with the Executive Housekeeper with respect to this incident and found out from the maid, that a Do Not Disturb sign was not present on the outside of the door. Unfortunately, without the Do Not Disturb sign being placed on the door, the maid is unaware if the room is occupied or vacant. I totally understand you being upset, as this exact incident happened to me this past week while I was on vacation. In my hast, I did not put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, nor did I use the two locking devices available to me, in order to keep a hotel employee from entering our room.

I am not trying to make excuses or shift the blame in any way, but without proper notification the maid would have no way of knowing not to enter the guest room to service it. Unfortunately, it does become the hotels guests responsibility to use the Do Not Disturb sign in conjunction with the guest room door locking devices, in order to maintain privacy.

With respect to your reservation, I reviewed it and all was in order. The reservation came to us through Best Westerns central reservation system. I regret you were disappointed with our Vintage room and believed you were getting a room in our Tuscan building. Unfortunately, being that is was a Holiday weekend, all our Tuscan rooms have been sold out for many weeks in advance. Therefore, only our standard Vintage rooms were available at the time of your booking. I am sorry your felt our web site is confusing or misleading. In my opinion, I feel it is really quite clear with respect to the difference in accommodations with pictures of both room types and complete room descriptions.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review. We value and appreciate your comments.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (707) 433-0300.

Aaron S. Krug
President and General Manager
BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Nice, clean lodging in an expensive area. Pay a few bucks extra for an upgraded room with a fireplace in the newer section of the hotel. Average breakfast with a friendly staff. Short car ride to the square. Recommend.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joseph f
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Really good value for the weekend. Excellent location, very easy to find and beautiful setting. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice drive to visit vineyards and wind tasting. Pool and hot tub really enjoyed. Fitness room good location. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2014

It's a Best Western, but done up in a Tuscan style to suite the Dry Creek wine region. The room we booked has all the basics plus a jacuzzi bathtub. Sleeping was made easy with a comfortable King bed and quiet walls.
On the grounds are two swimming pools and three hot tubs that I counted. There is a courtyard and other areas for outside lounging as weather permits. Complimentary breakfast is served in a separate dining area. The food is basic, the coffee good.
The Inn is just off the exit ramp from Hwy 101, but I have yet to hear any traffic noise. The place has the feel of being out in the countryside.
This our third visit to Dry Creek Inn. I would return and also would recommend it friends and family.

Room Tip: There are two buildings. The New building has the more updated rooms- the prices may be different.
1  Thank Greg S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
The Duchamp Healdsburg
The Duchamp Healdsburg
#7 of 9 in Healdsburg

Been to Best Western Dry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!