“Location, honesty, and efficiency”

Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We and another couple spent three nights at the Dry Creek Inn in early July of this
year. The location is perfect for being able to reach wineries quickly and easily. But the
"highlight" and surprise of the trip occurred after I left/lost my very expensive prescription sunglasses in the room when we left to return home. When we reached I-505N and had a chance to call the hotel - about an hour after leaving - the sunglasses were already at the front desk, and the person at the desk arranged to send them to me. I got them about 36 hours later. There were a couple of minor problems with the Inn - breakfast is not good - bring your own cereal or muffins. And we chose to stay in the older wing even though I'd read the reviews comparing the two wings but the price was right for what we wanted to do. Our room was clean and quiet. Being on the first floor, it was easy for us semi-elderly people to access. Kudos to the honesty and efficiency of the cleaning staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,087)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This property is a great value in the Sonoma area of Healdsburg. There are two sections of this property-definitely book a room in the newer Tuscan-themed building. The rooms are large, with fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. The breakfast is standard but quite acceptacle for the price.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

A few months ago, we made a trip to Sonoma and stayed at the Dry Creek Inn. It was a very pleasant experience and a great deal for the area. Be sure to ask for the Tuscan building as that is newly remodeled. I would highly recommend taking a chance on this Best Western.

Room Tip: Pick the Tuscan building!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

There are two sections to this hotel - one old and one new. You are most likely going to be stuck in one of the old rooms unless you make sure ahead of time you are booked on the new side. We walked into a very nasty room on the old side. The carpets were stained in several places and the sheets were also stained. Also a smoky smell. We arrived very late and were too exhausted to mess with requesting a new room. I have noticed that this chain has also been extremely old and dirty in most of the experiences we have had on our road trips. I try to avoid this hotel whenever possible and this latest experience just confirmed that for me.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the old section - no matter what! In a few years, I doubt even that section will...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
aaron9556, Owner at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting or exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

It appears from your comments that a smoking room in our Vintage building was reservered by you. During the peak travel season our hotel runs over 90% on a nightly basis. Therefore, our hotel is sold out on many night’s months in advance. Apparently, the only room type available at the time of your reservation was a smoking room in our Vintage building. I am sorry you were disappointed that we were unable to offer you a Luxury Tuscan style room during your stay. I must assume we were sold out that evening.

Being a Non-Smoker myself, I can see how you would feel this type of room was Gross. However, it is my opinion that our guest rooms are very clean and the few people who still request a smoking room are very satisfied. Additionally, most of our foreign travelers appreciate the fact that we still have a couple smoking rooms available.

With respect to the carpet problem, I do realize the carpet in some of our rooms has reached the end of there useful life cycle. We have ordered new carpets and they are scheduled to be replaced this summer. I am sorry you were in one of the room were the carpet is stained. The housekeeping team does do there best to clean them but when the carpet is stained it is time to have it replaced. I can assure you, the room you were is scheduled to have the carpet replaced.

Once again, I apologize you had a bad experience at our hotel. It is my hope that you will return again in the future, so that we may have another chance to offer you a superior guest experience.

Aaron S. Krug
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dry Creek Inn

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We spent two nights at the Dry Creek Inn. The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful. We booked a Tuscan room online at a very good discount from the hotel's website, which was a great price for Healdsburg. The room was large and nicely furnished. The location is a little too far to walk into the center of town, but it's a very short drive to get there and the location is perfect for touring the wineries in the Dry Creek, Russian River and Alexander Valleys. The breakfast was the typical Best Western breakfast, which is okay if you stick to the basics.

Room Tip: Rooms in the newer Tuscan building are very nice.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I don't like to write negative reviews and to be honest, a large part of the problem was the other guests but the feedback from the staff was that what we experienced was not uncommon.

I believe we were given the worst room in the place (hey, I get it we booked it on Priceline so I don't expect the honeymoon suite). It was in the older section on the first floor near the office, a stairway, and a soda machine. It was nice that they have put in new mattresses and flat-screen TVs. Hopefully they will replace the carpet in these rooms soon as they definitely need it.

Our first night was Saturday and everything was OK until about 11:30 PM when guests started returning from a wedding reception. They were extremely loud and inconsiderate of others, standing outside and yelling across the parking lot to each other. Pretty much as soon as they decided to go to their rooms, the next group would show up. This lasted until after 3:30 AM. To make things extra fun, the clock radio in the room went off at midnight and blared some spanish-speaking station. I guess the last guest or housekeeping figured we might want to get up in the middle of the night. Not a great night for sleep.

We thought Sunday night would be better since the wedding party checked out. Unfortunately, we were treated to more of the same at 2:30 AM. I said to my wife, "Who parties until 2:30 AM on Sunday Night in Healdsburg?" These people would get quiet just long enough for us to fall asleep again and then would start a new round of noise.

Again, I realize that much of our bad experience had to do with inconsiderate guests however I went to the front desk on Monday morning and asked if the weekend was typical for their hotel. The staff member basically said that weekends are usually on the noisy side. Based on that, I don't think I will return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
aaron9556, Owner at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Past Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review with respect to your most recent stay with us.

Your comments are most valuable in order too find out what likes and dislikes with our hotel features are acceptable to our guests.

With respect to the over night noise in the parking lot, I apologize if some of our guests were not thoughtful of others trying to sleep. We do our best to mitigate this problem and have a policy in place to handle these situations. However, do to the location of the lobby we can only respond when notified by other guests, so that corrective action can be taken immediately. At this point the best I can do is offer you an apology and I will advise the Front Desk Manager there was an issue with noise during your stay with us.

Thank you for letting me know about the carpet. I have passed that information onto the Executive Housekeeper.

Once again, thank you for completing a review of our hotel. Without feedback like yours we are unable to make the appropriate changes to serve our customers needs. Your comments are truly appreciated.

Aaron Krug
Best Western Plus Dry Creek Inn

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Horrible experience at this hotel. Arrived late to find out the one room they had left was dirty and so smoky - it felt like a group of people all had put their cigarettes out moments before we walked into the room. They assured me that I would get a credit for the room and then did nothing to make it happen. I've just now 2 months later received word I was getting a credit. Never stay at this place.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I am aware of the events that took place on June 15 with respect to your reservation and understand your reason for posting a negative review.

We received your reservation via a Third Party vendor for a room on June 15, which was a sold out Saturday evening. The reservation was made exactly, as it was sent to us from the room allotment given to the Third Party Vendor. I am sorry you found the room to be totally unacceptable, even though we did our best to accommodate you.

It is my understanding that you decided not to stay at our hotel and my Guest Service Agent agreed to let you cancel the room, even though this was against our company policy and our contract with the Third Party Vendor. That same evening we did notified the Third Party vendor of the circumstances and approved a complete refund to you. Since, your reservation was made a with the Third Party vendor, all financial arrangements are made directly to the vendor and not our hotel. Therefore, all refunds come directly from the vendor.

On Monday July 15, the Third Party Vendor contacted me to verify the information we had previously sent to them on June 15, authorizing a refund to you. Again, I advised and approved a complete refund to you.

Being that your reservation was made with the Third Party vendor, they expedite refunds totally different than working directly with our hotel. Our company policy is to issue refunds within 24-48 hours. Unfortunately, it appears the vendors policy is to issue refunds in a 30 day timeframe.

Our hotel did our part and immediately notified the Third Party vendor of the circumstances. I am sorry they operate under different policies and guidelines than our hotel and your refund was delayed. This was not the fault of our hotel.

Aaron Krug
Best Western Plus Dry Creek Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
The Duchamp Healdsburg
The Duchamp Healdsburg
#7 of 9 in Healdsburg

Been to Best Western Dry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!