“Dropped the ball”

Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed on Mothers Day and my daughter who is a student and works part time sent me strawberries as a gift to the hotel. She had to pay extra to get them delivered to the hotel. The hotel received them the day before and never called my room or gave me the gift as I checked out. When checking out, I saw them on the back counter and made a comment that "someone sent their mother chocolate covered strawberries, how sweet". The desk clerk replied " thanks, I need to call my mother." My hard working daughter was crushed when she found out the hotel never gave them to me. I will go back to Healdsburg but will not stay at the Best Western again. They said they would overnight the gift but didn't do so. In addition the towels had holes in them and there were ants in the room. Never again!!! Elaine W Brown

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank elainewbrown
aaron9556, Owner at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I truly apologize our Guest Service Agent working this past Saturday evening misplaced your Mother's Day package and it was not delivered to you. We all realize how important these packages are, especially on this special day honoring our Mother’s.

Upon receiving your voice mail as well as talking to you first thing Monday morning. The Front Office Manager, Mr. Netzsosie immediately drove your Mother’s Day package to the UPS store and it was sent to you overnight at the hotels expense, as agreed.

In reading your review, I am sorry you seemed to have a couple of issues in your guest room. However, in speaking with the Front Office Manager, these items were never mentioned Sunday at the time of check out nor during the phone conversation you had with the Front Office Manager on Monday. We take these complaints seriously and both room issues would have been dealt with immediately at the point of notice.

By now, I hope by now you have received you Mother’s Day package. I understand this situation was very upsetting to you, but it was a simple oversight by a staff member who has since been disciplined for his actions.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again, so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the review. It is most appreciated.

Aaron S. Krug
President and General Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dry Creek Inn

There are newer reviews for Best Western Dry Creek Inn

Reviewed May 9, 2013

On line it quotes a different price than when you call their hotel. I called because on the hotel site it says their price is for a minimum stay of 2 nights. This is not what other discount sites say for their hotel so I just wanted clarification before I booked the room. I didn't even have a full sentence out before a gentleman cut me off. He said they won't honor it. No pleasantries or blanket apology for the misunderstanding regarding this. Guess I won't be calling this hotel in the future and will definitely reconsider having a Best Western Rewards card, what good does it do? I've heard some nice things about Healdsburg so I will look elsewhere for a place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JDeeK
aaron9556, Owner at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor Reviewer:

I am sorry you had trouble making a reservation at our hotel.

Unfortunately, the nature of your review is very vague.

Our hotel participates in many discount programs, so I am not sure which program you are referring too in your review, or attempting to use.

What I can tell you; is that all standard and promotional room rates are clearly posted on each booking site, along with all the booking restrictions. This would include our own web site. Due to the fact our hotel is located in a destination area, all Friday and Saturday nights require a two night stay requirement, during the peak travel season. This policy is strictly adhered to by our hotel. Additionally, all discount and or promotional coupons are only valid on a Sunday through Thursday basis. Whereas, these same use restrictions are clearly printed on each voucher or coupon. Again, as mentioned above, all booking instructions, requirements and restrictions are clearly listed on all booking sites for use and or redemption.

I regret that you felt our Guest Service Agent intentionally cut you off mid sentence. Quite frankly, I am surprised, as our Guest Service Agents go through extensive customer service training. This certainly is not the normal behavior for a member of our team. I will share your comments with them at our next staff meeting.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. They are most appreciated.

Respectfully,

Aaron Krug
President and General Manager
Best Western Plus Dry Creek Inn

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel seems to be the best value in Healdsburg, but it is average for cleanliness, breakfast and amenities. We booked three nights at one rate and an extra night at a higher rate, but just got the lower rate room for all nights. That was a waste of money, especially since they charge for the room safe on top of everything.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoveToTravel255068
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was most excited anticipating my stay at this hotel based on the new "Tuscan" theme, and it met my expectations and beyond! The décor, furnishings, grapevine wire art, plaques, fountains, and decorative trim are all done in attractive, tasteful Tuscan-style design. The room was spacious with gas fireplace, jacuzzi with ceiling light and private balcony with ceramic table looking over courtyard with trees and ceiling light. There were so many special touches such as skylight and frosted window in bathroom with sliding glass shower door, stereo with speakers in bedroom and bathroom, high comfortable bed and attractive dark brown furniture, double sinks with grape design lights over mirror, recessed lighting over bed and extendable bright lights great for reading in bed, coffee in lobby until 11pm, nice color/design carpeting, colorful mural behind front desk, good parking, and shuttered divider between Jacuzzi and bedroom. I felt like I was in Italy and did not want to leave in the morning!

Room Tip: Choose the newer Tuscan building with 2nd floor room overlooking courtyard for a quiet, relaxing exp...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Lodging in the Napa Valley wine country can be expensive, so we decided to spend our dollars on wine and cuisine rather than a room. In our choice we were helped by the recommendation of some friends that live in Healdsburg. The facility is of "vintage", appropriate for the area, but is clean and comfortable. Like others, we opted for one of the "Tuscan" rooms, which are clustered around a gated courtyard. The rooms are comfortable, and the gas fireplace is a nice touch. We were only a block away from the main highway, but did not notice any traffic noise.

A few quirky things made our rating a 3 instead of a 4.

The rooms were clean, but immediately we noticed one of the wall-mounted bedside lamps had no bulb! The bathroom and adjacent shower/toilet closet both had heavy sliding pocket doors. We have them in our home, so we were surprised that there was no latch or "pull" which you use to pull the door out of the wall pocket. I had to use a pair of scissors to carefully pry the heavy door out enough to open it. It was the same for both doors. The wall-mounted heat and air conditioning fan was another puzzle. A hand remote control is mounted on the wall. It was a cool day, and I turned on the heater by adjusting the temperature to mid-70's. It blew ambient air, with no noticeable heat. We left to roam in the afternoon, and I reported the missing light bulb and that the heater didn't appear to be working properly. When we returned, we had a bulb, but the heater still didn't work. We spent a cool night, but the fireplace helped add some heat but it is on a timer - it was enough to make in bearable. The next morning I again reported the heater problem. The staff was very kind and considerate, and said they would again send someone to check it out. When we returned later in the day, the room was warm, in fact hot! The maintenance guy left a coy message - the remote was set to 80 degrees, and was placed on an open page of the binder which has hotel information. The page was instructions for the remote control. I got it, "read the instructions, dummy"! Even reading the complicated instructions was a puzzle, but i was glad we had heat.

There is a noise problem with the outer door where you can clearly hear folks talking if they are anywhere near your room. One other strange item on check-in, was a tray of food that was left on the railing outside an adjacent room, obviously from room service which is provided by an adjacent restaurant. It was there the next morning, and that afternoon it was still there. I reported it to the front desk clerk, who was startled. She said it was the responsibility of the restaurant to pick up the trays. It was picked up immediately, but I would have thought Housekeeping would have noticed and reported it.

Overall, these problems were not serious. If we return to the area, we would definitely stay here again - and I'll bring along a stronger tool to open the pocket doors :)

Room Tip: The Tuscan suites are worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We started out in the vintage building. The rooms are adequate and reasonable for the money. Some parts need some attention. We upgraded to the Tuscan section. Much nicer rooms, seperate lounging area. Rooms have fireplaces and deep jet tubs.

Location is very good. If you do stay here check out the Wild Sage Delicatessan across the street for some very good lunch sandwiches. for picknicking.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Frank-n-PatS
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Tuscan room comfortable, amenities refrig, fireplace in room, jet tub and shower, balcony..... Also, pool, hot tub and good continental breakfast. Vintage room need renovating/updating. Would not use, spent one night in vintage due to booking snaf. Upgraded to Tuscan where we were very happy with the accommodations. World of difference between the room types.

• Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
Geyserville Inn
Geyserville Inn
#1 of 1 in Geyserville
Hotel Les Mars, Relais & Chateaux

Been to Best Western Dry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!