“Stay in the New section!”

Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Stay in the New section!”
Reviewed May 1, 2008

As stated in their web-page the rooms are HUGE. However the bathroom was the least functional one we encountered in our 2 week trip. It was a very small commode/shower compartment, which is weird because there was a lot of extra space in the room.

The commode was interesting in that there is a sign essentially saying that to conserve water you need to hold the flushing handle down for 5 seconds. This is very inaccurate, it took 11 seconds and usually still required a second flush.

The section of the Inn we stayed in was the oldest, but the rooms were nice. The exterior was hammered but under repair. The newest section was beautiful, and when the pool is completed it'll be very very nice.

• Liked — The free breakfast was great and a great site near freeway!
  • Disliked — The front desk staff twice sent us to locations that were no longer in business.
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
pokergrl
Reviewed April 28, 2008

I can not begin to say enough about this property. The Tuscany suite was
absolutely beautiful! The staff was friendly and the breakfast had a great
variety! On top of all that the location could not be beat. Super close to
downtown wineries and a quick ride to many others surrounding.

They made us feel extra special on our 1st anniversary by
upgrading us to the Tuscany suite and bringing us some wine to enjoy on our
balcony with some beautiful views of the mountains!

Boston
Reviewed April 17, 2008

My husband and stayed for 5 nights at the Dry Creek Inn this April. We booked one of the new Tuscan rooms. Very nice room, good size, no smell as others mentioned, very comfortable bed, nice decor. While this hotel is not in the town center, it is very easy to get to the center. It is a tremendous value for a very nice room when compared to some of the other boutique hotels in town. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

1 Thank BostonTraveler37
Boston
Reviewed April 14, 2008

We stayed at the Dry Creek Inn for one night in early April. I booked a standard king room which they upgraded to their new Tuscan king room. The room was fantastic - comfortable & luxurious. The bed had fine linens and a featherbed on it - very comfortable. The room had a gas fireplace, a whirlpool tub and a balcony. All of the Tuscan rooms are built around a courtyard which contains a fireplace and a hot tub. They are also in the process of building a steam room. They serve complimentary a continental breakfast in the morning which was very good. they had a wide variety to chose form. While not extravagant, everything was fresh and tasty - just what we needed before we biked through wine country!

My only complaint was that our room faced the street which was noisy. If you book a room, request one facing the courtyard. All in all an unexpectedly incredible experience. I wish we had stayed an extra night!

• Liked — the room amenities - fireplace, whirlpool and fine linens
  • Disliked — street noise
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ellenboston
San Diego
Reviewed April 5, 2008

We stayed here three nights while in Sonoma County. We chose a room in the new Tuscan wing which was a bit more than the regular rooms. The room was very nicely decorated and fairly large. The bathroom has a separate shower and sunken tub plus two sinks at the vanity - extremely helpful when two people are primping, brushing teeth, etc. The gas fireplace is a nice touch and really provided some heat.
The breakfast (came with the room) was adequate but can be crowded and noisy.
On the down side, there was a minor problem with ants in the bathroom but housekeeping took care of that immediately.
The location is not great as it is not walkable to downtown Healdsburg but it is a quick drive and also very accessible to the freeway.
Front desk staff were friendly and our stay was pleasant. The price was really good in comparison to most in the area. Like others on this site, we don't normally stay at Best Westerns but this one is not your typical roadside motel. We would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — comfort and decor of the room
  • Disliked — the immediate surroundings
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MsSeeker
San Diego
Reviewed April 2, 2008

Booked Tuscan room for 4 nights.

Called ahead when we were 30 minutes away and said they would try to get our room ready by 2pm. When we arrived our room was ready and check in took literally one minute. Staff at front was very nice and helpful with directions to town. The inn is still under construction (pool) but did not hear noise from it on the weekend.

Room was great. Very clean (no odor) and spacious. Had a nice desk to setup laptop and dresser had a small frig. Bathroom was nice size, big jetted tub, terry robes, big soft towels, and shower was not small for a hotel room. It was nice to have a regular stand up shower rather than using a tub but do be careful to point shower head away or you will soak your legs when turning it on. Had room right off the spa which can get noisy late in the day and in morning. Steam room was not working when we were there.

Fireplace was a nice touch and although it had a small flame, it gave off some heat and a nice warmth to the room since it was cold outside. Did not use the TV much since we there to drink wine :0) Room has a CD\DVD player so you can bring movies or music and use the in wall speakers to play music.

Continental breakfast room was nice and good with flat panel TV on wall to watch news. Waffles, bagels, pastries, cereal, yogurt, coffee, juice etc…

I have stayed in 5 star resorts and I cannot imagine anyone would have an issue with this place especially for the price. It is a mile to town (nice walk) and you can stop at Seghesio winery on the way to and from town. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed March 22, 2008

I usually do not feel comfortable posting negative experiences on the web, but I seem to see a pattern here. There seems to be many complaints here both about the room AND the manager. (Look how many manager responses there are here)

The front desk by in large was very friendly and the size of the room was OK. (Not everything was bad)

My problem is that the room had a VERY STRONG odor. I noticed someone else herein posted the same thing.

I reported it to the front desk and a maintenance person came over who clearly confirmed the odor. The manager, Adrian Vasquez then came to the room and shrugged his shoulder and said he did not smell anything. I really believe this guy needs training in management and customer service skills. My guess is that he is a nice guy but clearly seemed to be missing the customer service and management skill sets one would expect to see even at a small hotel like this.

They offered me another room and that room had the same smell. I suggested some sort of compensation for this bad experience and he declined. I suggest staying somewhere else.

• Liked — The price and the front desk staff were friendly and professional
  • Disliked — The manager was in my opinion disrespectful and did not resolve the odor problem.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank Marin_Cyclist
DryCreekInn, Asst Manager at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this review, March 24, 2008
I would like to thank Marin_Cyclist for his comments regarding his past stay with us here at the Dry Creek Inn. I would also like to apologize for any inconveniences that he may have incurred during his stay. I would like to start off that I had dealt with Marin_Cyclists problems direct so I do have first hand knowledge of his issues. He came down to the lobby in the early A.M stating that his room smelled really bad. My front desk agent sent our maintenance worker to his room right away. When he got to the room the gentleman was walking all around the room and kept asking "do you smell that?" My maintenance worker said that he was going to get a manager but at no time agreed with the guest that it smelled in the room. When I go to the room I did not smell anything out of the ordinary. The only thing that had an odor was his things which were all throughout the room including his bike but that didn't smell bad just not like a regular room. He continued to ask me to stand at various locations throughout the room and smell but I didn't smell anything. He kept saying how he should get the room for free and how he was reviewing our hotel for an upcoming bike race which we would not get guests to unless he got a free room. I offered him a 10% off discount along with de-ionizing the room which we do if there are pets in the room or if the room is smoked in. He said that he wanted a free room or we would get bad reviews. I told him that if that is what he needed to do then that was fine but the best I could do is the 10% off. I also let him check 2 other rooms but he said that they smelled as well. I gave him his discount and had his room cleaned with non odor cleaners but he was still not satisfied. I was going to also let him out of his second night of his reservation at no charge but he chose to stay his entire stay. Once again I would like to thank Marin_Cyclist for his comments and if anyone has any concerns or questions please feel free to call me or email me at the contact information listed below.

Best Regards,

Adrian Vasquez
Asst Manager
Dry Creek Inn
adrian@drycreekinn.com
707-433-0300 ext 669
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
Geyserville Inn
Geyserville Inn
#1 of 1 in Geyserville
Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country

Been to Best Western Dry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!