“Nice getaway”

Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed January 16, 2008

Comfy & cozy room.
Friendly & helpful staff.
Excellent wireless Internet functionality.

Stayed: December 2007
2  Thank Walker_8
There are newer reviews for Best Western Dry Creek Inn

Reviewed January 16, 2008

Stayed for 1 night. My brother was getting married nearby and this hotel was very convenient. The room was very clean, quiet and relaxing. I definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank danielle213
Reviewed January 5, 2008

We on a bit of a budget, so initially we were just happy to find somewhere to stay in the wine country for under 100 dollars. We didn't expect much, but were really pleasantly surprised. For the good price, we had a lovely clean, comfortable room and even extended our stay there. The room had comfy beds, a closet section, nice bathroom and all the usual amenities.

All of the staff we dealt with were friendly, helpful and professional. When we checked in, the receptionist gave us some good advice about local wineries to visit and highlighted them on a map. She even gave us some free reserve tasting vouchers.

I see other reviewers have mentioned the excellent breakfast with waffle machine, cereals and so on. The only complaint I have is the use of disposable plates, knives and forks instead over proper tableware as it seems so wasteful. However, this seems to be way things are done almost everywhere we stayed on our trip.

All in all, I would recommend this Inn. Next time, perhaps we'll try the Tuscan rooms as they did look very cozy.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JoM_9
Reviewed December 8, 2007

We just returned from a week long stay at the Dry Creek Inn. This was our 2nd stay at the Inn, and decided to book into one of the new Tuscan rooms. The newly decorated lobby and check-in area is beautiful. Check-in was easy and fast. We were given room 401, downstairs, end room, near the breakfast room. All of the new Tuscan rooms face a courtyard, which has an outside fireplace, tables and chairs, and a beautiful inground, hot jacuzzi. All rooms have a small patio which will be nice in the warmer months.

Upon entering the room, your first reaction is "Wow, this is really beautiful" and it really is. The decor and furnishings are lovely, although the room is somewhat small. There is a king size bed, desk, dresser, and lounging chair. The closet is very small with very few hangers. Fireplace is a nice touch, and there is a flat screen TV above it. Entry is tiled and to the right is the bathroom.

Sink area is nice, with double sinks, granite counter, nice fluffy towels, large mirror (and magnifer mirror too) and nice amenities. Across from the sink is the "jetted jacuzzi tub" It is rather large and takes up quite a bit of space in the room. My impression is that whoever designed these bathrooms was more concerned in the concept of the "jetted tub" and the shower was a complete afterthought! It was THE smallest shower that I have ever seen in any hotel in all of our travels! The shower head and knob are on the opposite wall from the tiny door, so I went to turn on the water to heat it up (so I still had my clothes on) and the water surged out thru the door opening, soaking me, the floor and the toilet! The only way to shower, was to get in and stand sideways (trying not to touch the cold tiled wall with your bare back), turn on the water and stand shivering until the water heated up. There were no shelves in the stall either, so our shampoo, shower gel and soap had to set on the floor. When you bent over to get them, your head hit the door! My husband and I are both thin, so I can not possibly see how anyone who is even slightly heavyset, could shower in this stall! I think if we were staying in the room for one or two nites, we could possibly put up with it, but with being there for a week, we could not.

We asked to be moved to the old section of the Inn. The staff was very nice and put us in a king deluxe room, 2nd floor, end room. When you walk into this room, you do not get that "Wow" feeling, but it was still a very nice room and more than adequate for us. The room itself is larger than the Tuscan room, with a comfy king bed, 2 nite stands, plus a sofa, coffee table, large leather chair, end table and desk. There is also a large armoire which housed the TV, 3 large drawers, AND 2 closets with plenty of hangers. But the best part was we had a normal sized tub/shower with plenty of shelves for our stuff. We were very happy with the room.

The new breakfast room was very nice. Large and always clean. There was a make your own waffle area, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt and juices. ALso there were bagels, and donuts or croissants, but never any bread for toast, which I found odd. We try to eat somewhat healthy, and I would have liked to have a piece of whole wheat toast with my cereal. That would be my only suggestion for the breakfast. Otherwise it was just fine.

All in all, after we got the room situation cleared up, we really enjoyed our stay at the inn. The staff was always very friendly and the room always cleaned nicely. We are quite familiar with the Healdsburg area, and the location of the Inn is perfect for all of the wine country activities. We would definately stay there again, but only in the old section.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Trude
Reviewed December 3, 2007

I was very impressed by the quality of the accommodation for the price - especially since my husband and I were staying in the older part of the motel. I thought that the hot beverages available at reception was a very nice touch, and the new continental breakfast room is very nice, particularly compared to what you find in motels of similar star quality. The suggested restaurants list was also very helpful, as was the receptionist.

The only things that I would mention are:

1. it is very easy to hear people in the next room, and the guest room doors slam very loudly; and

2. the wireless internet signal was very weak in our room.

On a whole, though, these were very minor issues. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank RoseysUSA
Reviewed November 28, 2007

Our visit was very pleasant at the hotel. The new section was impressive. I realize there are still kinks as it just opened last month. One thing that was noted was the placement of the showerheads. They spray right at you when you open the door, and are very hard to adjust without the water spraying into the toilet area. (The hotel responded that the plumber is already working on the showerhead problem and the correction should be made by the end of December.)

Other than that... we are all very impressed with the expansion... and will be staying there again on our next visit to Healdsburg!

Heather

Stayed: November 2007
7  Thank hgodfrey
Reviewed November 28, 2007

We stayed here for a three day weekend. Stayed in the older section in a standard room. It was just what we expected for the price. Clean, quiet, and comfortable with a small refrigerator. We liked the free breakfast and newpaper. Good, helpful staff.

We picked this place for the hot tub (small but well heated and clean) since we wanted to soak after taking a bike tour (used Wine Country Bikes - highly recommended).

Location is good, near the highway and a very short drive to central Healdburg.

Stayed: November 2007
5  Thank Ralph H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
Fountaingrove Inn
Fountaingrove Inn
#4 of 25 in Santa Rosa
Hotel Les Mars, Relais & Chateaux

Been to Best Western Dry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!