“Affordable Luxery in Wine Country”

BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Chicago, IL
“Affordable Luxery in Wine Country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

We enjoyed an absolutely wonderful stay at the Dry Creek Inn. The room surpassed our expectations in its appointments, the quality of the furnishings, and the room itself. I'll be honest, our expectations of a Best Western were minimal. We expected a clean room that would meet our needs for sleeping. What we found was a delightful room equipped with a working gas fireplace, jetted tub, comfy bed and balconey complete with bistro table and chairs. And the complementary breakfast went above and beyond what we were anticipating!

I also have to make mention of the staff - all of whom were helpful with whatever our needs and questions. In fact we so enjoyed our scheduled stay that we extended it a night so that we could continue to explore wine country and retire to a blissful retreat.

When next we get an opportunity to visit the Healdsburg area we'll be sure to once again stay at the Dry Creek Inn. Hint: - Mid-week stay allows better value - maybe even some great special packages which is what we found.

Room Tip: We were in tuscany bldg. Also second floor wil be quieter.
1 Thank Andiek11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
San Clemente, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

In a nutshell, we got a great (TravelZoo) price and this room was exactly what we expected. We stayed in the Tuscany building and the bed was very comfortable, the room was very clean and it was nice to have the whirlpool tub and a little balcony. The shower was cramped, gross and poorly engineered. (You can't turn on the water without being in the stream so you get a nice cold shower waiting for it to warm up.) We had an unremarkable view of the street. The courtyard views seemed nicer but may have been noisier as well. The pool is an oddity in the parking lot and probably only used by kids in the summer, but there is a hot tub in the courtyard - I wish I had packed my bathing suit. If you stay there, the "Tuscany" is newer and seemed nicer than the other building, though I didn't see the other rooms.
The hotel lacks the charm of Healdsburg, but most places were booked (we went for a wedding) and much more expensive. Before booking the Best Western, you might check out L&M Motel which I think is in the same price range. A friend recommended it after we booked. The Best Western is not walkable to downtown, so next trip I would rather stay where I can take advantage of the cute town square.
The Dry Creek wineries are a quick drive and there are some excellent options, so don't miss those!

Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2011

We stayed at a Best Western Plus in Healdsburg for $69 last night and had a hot tub, sauna, fireplace, flatscreen. This place is ancient with saggy beds and a tiny bath like you'd expect in a Motel6. This was $89...not anything to recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011
Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

My husband and I and two other couples booked the Best Western Dry Creek in Healdsburg, CA for the Wine and Food weekend this November. On Saturday the hotel was full, but even though we checked in after 4 pm our room was not available. It took at least 20 minutes to even locate a room for us. As I was putting away my things I noticed some almonds (no kidding) under the table. On inspection of the bathroom I noticed dirt and hair (yuck) in the corners and a strange black smudge on one of the wash cloths. The heater (no forced air) was right at the base of the bed and when turned on was noisy and blew my hair back when I was sitting on the bed. But with only one thin comforter I was cold most of the night when I turned it off (I did ask for and receive a second blanket the next night). The complimentary breakfast was dismal. All pre-packaged food and weak coffee. At well over $100 a night I would expect more from Best Western. At least a consistent level of descent service. Interestingly, on Sunday night when the hotel was not full, my friends got a room for $69. We still paid the higher price. Needless to say we will be staying elsewhere for the next wine tasting weekend. Disappointed.

Room Tip: Apparently there are some nice suites. Our friends got upgraded to a suite on the night the hotel wa...
3 Thank cynbass
aaron9556, Owner at BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Dear Previous Guest and Trip Advisor Client: I would like to thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting or exceeding your expectations. With respect to your comments about the condition of the bathroom, I must offer you an additional apology. I find that situation totally unacceptable and have forwarded your comments onto our Housekeeping Supervisor, as well. This certainly is not normal for our hotel, as we have recently won cleaniness awards from Best Western.

At Dry Creek Inn we strive every day to provide superior customer service throught our hotel. I am sorry we were not able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements and too ensure we provide a better experience for other customers in the future.

Because we did not provide you with the quality service you deserve, I would like to discuss with you, how we can make this right. Please feel free to call me direct at (707) 433-0300 ext. 604, so we may resolve the issues together.

I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a more pleasurable experience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Aaron S. Krug
President and General Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dry Creek Inn
o.c. california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Dry Creek Inn, in the Tuscany building. The room was exceptionally clean,the bed was very comfortable, and the patio area that opened to the courtyard was very inviting. I wish the weather was a bit warmer so that we could have spent more time enjoying our glasses of wine by the fountain.
The only thing that I thought was a bit odd, was that there was no way to easily get from our car to the room - you have to walk to one end of the parking lot or the other to find an opening to the sidewalk. No big deal, but perhaps for someone who has a lot to carry, that might be an issue. I must say; the price was amazing,going through Groupon.We enjoyed walking around Healdsburg; it is a lovely town.

Room Tip: Just make sure you stay in the newer Tuscan building.
humboldt, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

We just spent two days here for our anniversary. The king fireplace room in the new section was very romantic - a gas fireplace, louvered windows into the outer bathroom with a jetted tub. A fridge for our picnic foods. A nice patio looking into a beautiful courtyard complete with a fireplace on one end, and a water fountain at the other end and a sauna, steam room and hot tub in the middle! A perfect get-away. And the mid-week rate was amazing!

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Rockwall, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

If you book this hotel be very careful. There "sizzle rates" are confusing, and when I tried to cancel the very next day I was told I had booked a special rate and could not cancel. The cancellation was approximately 6 weeks before the booked stay, but they would not accept it. I find this highly unusual in the hotel industry and would never book any Best Western property again. Also, given this type of business practice in reservations, I would be concerned how they would treat guests that do stay there.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Melissa W
Dear Trip Advisor Client:

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor.

With all due respect, I must disagree with the comments that were posted.

Our hotel offers several promotional rates on our web page. Each one of these offers is clearly listed with the Terms and Conditions for acceptance.

The Trip Advisor Cleint who posted the comments made a reservation at our hotel for a Special Promotional Sizzle rate. The rules for this promotion are listed on our web site in a least three different locations. Below is a sample of what appears in the Terms and Conditions section of the Sizzle rate promotion that the cleint reserved:

If you are booking a "Sizzle" rate, please note that these rates are exempt from the required 48 hour cancellation policy. "Sizzle" reservations are NON-CHANGEABLE and NON CANCELABLE. No refunds will be given for transportation delays or cancellations. 24 hour advance purchase is required. Not available during holiday periods, special events and not in conjunction with group bookings. Limited number of Sizzle Rooms available and are Non Commissionable.

I have read and accept all terms and conditions.

The final sentence above is a check box that must be filled in by the customer agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the offer, prior to the reservation being made. I am not sure what is not clear or misleading about these Terms and Conditions.

I am sorry the Trip Advisor cleint who posted the comments did not understand the Terms and Conditions of our promotional offer, prior to agreeing to their acceptence and the reservation being made.

In this case, the hotel staff was simply following policy that was agreed to by the cleint.

We value all our customers and we are not attempting to mislead any of our guests. That is simply bad business.

Once again, thank you for posting the commments.

Aaron S. Krug
President and General Manager
Best Western PLUS Dry Creek Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
Geyserville Inn
Geyserville Inn
#1 of 1 in Geyserville
Hampton Inn & Suites Windsor - Sonoma Wine Country

Been to BEST WESTERN Dry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!