“A lovely place to stay when wine tasting”

Best Western Dry Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Healdsburg
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was our third trip to the Sonoma County area, and our second trip to this hotel. It has a lovely Tuscan theme. The rooms are beautifully decorated with shutters and a working fireplace. It has a convenient location to both the vineyards and the winerys downtown. If you are in the area you should stay here. Don't let the Best Western name turn you off, this is a beautiful hotel!

Room Tip: ask for a Tuscan themed room, they still have some older rooms
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 50statestraveler
Write a ReviewReviews (2,096)

Reviewed August 1, 2011

I stayed in the new Tuscan part of the hotel. It was just beautiful, even upscale (for a Best Western). The staff was great. It's right off the hwy. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Great in-room jetted tub.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed here with my brother. He had a standard room and we upgraded to a room in the new building with a patio and fireplace. Both were excellent, but if you can do the upgrade, it is worth it for a nice romantic room. Breakfast is included for all rooms and is pretty basic (toast, fruit, muffins, hard boiled eggs, waffles, coffee, ceral and juice), however, with all of the good places to eat in the Healdsburg area, you will want to save yourself for lunch and dinner. Very convenient to all of the wineries on Dry Creek Road. A little out of the way for Napa (about an hour away), but not bad. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2011

We stayed here for a weekend wedding. Weekend prices are more than double week day prices (because they can, apparently). The quality of the rooms is no better than a typical Best Western, which normally at around $80 is good value, but for $200 is not!

Upon arrival almost broke my neck when I sat down in a chair which back was broken and caused me to tumble out of it backwards. Only temp control is under window AC units, incredibly loud. Poorly placed coffee unit right next to sink, and cannot be moved. Poor shower with hard to operate faucet (looked like old and poorly maintained). Room sound insulation is very poor and due to the apparently high numbers of partying guests, things are loud or very loud, late.

Poor service. When I called about the chair I had to call three times before the phone was picked up. After we left and discovered a forgotten item, left a message with lost and found, but not response. Called front desk hours later and the response was that they could not help because house keeping is not there anymore (excuse me: nobody in house keeping available after 5?). I think they are just lazy or understaffed, or both.

Son went swimming in the pool and cut his toe on broken glass on the bottom of the pool.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dolfstar
Reviewed July 28, 2011

If you can look beyond the strange orange paint and faux tuscany kitsch and get to your room, you will be very pleased! We got a room with a jetted tub, fireplace, and balcony for about $100/night. It was very spacious, clean, and not the slightest hint of grandma's guestroom (this appeared to be the other alternative in this price range in this area). Location was fine, a bit of a walk into town, but doable for sure. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I recently took my sister and her bf up to Sonoma for a fun little mini-vacation. Many of the hotels in the area are pretty $$$ so I was stoked to get this place for 69$ / night - total of 89$ after taxes and fees - booked via Hotels.com. The room was comfortable enough, although the shower drain was slow (gross) and the shampoo is in an automatic dispenser that was empty (come on!). Free internet that worked just fine was nice. The free continental breakfast in the morning was sad (only some old looking cereal, 2 waffle makers for about 40 ppl that were sitting around in there....and weak coffee....so we went to a bakery in town (MUCH better). I can't complain too much as it was a pretty cheap stay.

The other building was called the "Tuscan building" and is the one in the picture next to the hotel's name on tripadvisor...I think perhaps its a little nicer to stay here - they have a courtyard and it looks a little fancier. I didn't think it was too noisy, even though the hotel is right next to the freeway (actually this is pretty convenient).

Not the place to go for a fancy pants weekend - I would recommend the Geyserville Inn for that (and fyi Geyserville Inn is priced pretty reasonably during the off season / not in the summer).

Room Tip: Go to the Tuscan building!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My husband and I recently visited the Healdsburg area for a winery wedding. Although we booked far in advance, we were only able to get a double queen room. How romantic. The folks that work here are very kind and helpful, but the price of over $250 for our little jail cell room was ridiculous. Because it is wine country, I guess they can charge whatever they want, but the price was over the top. Our room window had a "view" of the vending machine and the stairwell. And we were told at 10:45 to clear out of the hot tub, which closed at 11:00 pm. Really, we can't stay ten more minutes? Guess not. Will not be back. There is also no wireless internet. They are "working on it" Uh huh. I would rather pay $100 more and stay farther away from the wedding site than go back.

Room Tip: Book early... or, don't book at all.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maren26
aaron9556, Owner at Best Western Dry Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Hello: Thank you for completing the Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not meeting or exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Always,

Aaron Krug
Owner / General Manager
Best Western Plus Dry Creek Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
H2 Hotel
#1 of 1 in Geyserville
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
1 mi away
Hotel Les Mars, Relais & Chateaux

Been to Best Western Dry Creek Inn? Share your experiences!