“a lovely stay”

Ranked #5 of 15 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“a lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Madrona Manor for two nights for my birthday celebration and ate at the restaurant on the second night. We had one of the front master bedrooms in the Mansion. The balcony had a beautiful view overlooking Dry Creek Valley and was outfitted with comfortable chairs and an umbrella.

The room was large and worked better for us than B&B/inn rooms often do -- we had room for all our luggage and there was a small desk for working on a laptop. The bed was very comfortable. The day we arrived it was cold and raining (very strange for the end of June!) and the fireplace gave the room a cosy feel.

Breakfast was good, and dinner in the restaurant was excellent. The grounds are lovely and we enjoyed strolling in them. Overall, this was one of our more successful stays at a B&B/inn.

One negative -- there is no refrigerator in the room or for guests.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank octeckels

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Already gave Madrona Manor a glowing review two years ago when we first stayed there, but felt it was time to update our initial impressions. Since that first visit, we've stayed at Madrona Manor about three times and eaten there about five times, and it's always been an incredible experience. So much so that when we decided to get married this July at a local winery, we chose Madrona Manor for our wedding dinner, hoping to treat our family and friends to a truly memorable event. And thanks to their wonderful staff and terrific chef, I think we did. We started with cocktails and appetizers in the garden and then moved on to the beautiful Amber Room for the rest of the meal, which we topped off with their special ice-cream sundaes in lieu of wedding cake. Service was flawless, the food even better than we had remembered, and the atmosphere was magical. About 10 of us stayed there overnight and we all loved our rooms (my husband and I had a second-floor room in the mansion with a sweeping view of the valley--just perfect). I highly recommend Madrona Manor for a special event--their extremely helpful staff will make it very easy for you and I am sure that your guests will be as pleased as ours were.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Belllemont
Clearwater
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

Absolutely incredible customer touch with Champagne in our room on my birthday along with a birthday greeting! How special is that and who takes the time to add that warm touch? That was a wonderful and almost certain to guarantee return trips....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2011

I had very high expectations for this hotel. It was among the most expensive in the area. When I walked in, the bathroom was dated and looked more like a Holiday Inn Express. I stayed at a Hampton Inn and it had more amenities than this place at a fraction of the price. There was no coffee maker nor refrigerator in the room. The place seemed dated and I couldn't understand why they would charge $300+ for a stay here. I was completely underwhelmed.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank morsel3
starsparkles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2010

The third inn of our visit to the area and hit the right notes, although not my taste in decor. This is a private location-- in the winery area, not downtown, so you will need a car (or a bike). What we liked was the feel of being in a small hotel, not having to hear traffic, and just enjoying the sounds of nature by the pool (unexpected warm spell).

Most important to us was that there was someone around if you needed someone. It was not a pretend corporate "inn" run by anonymous "management" several hundred miles away, but rather a special place that clearly there is pride of ownership in.

I would recommend this as the perfect compromise between a hotel and a B&B. It is private and professional. Probably better for a warm weather stay or a cozy weekend. So convenient to the best of this part of the wine country- you are on the wine road, but tucked all the way back on an estate...Geyserville is a short, pretty drive away, but downtown is not far if you want to pop in for lunch or coffee.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank starsparkles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

My boyfriend and friends had the greatest and most relaxing experience at The Madrona Manor.
First of all, everyone could not be more happy with their rooms.
We stayed at The School House. Very romantic and a sure way to feel like you are in your own fantasy country house!
The other couple had a room in the Carriage house and our friend stayed in the mansion. Each unique, and fit to all of our standards.

The beds and linens were also very impressive, so impressive I called when I got back to get the information to buy them! (and was told I wasn't the first one)

The garden was picturesque and loved the fact that the restaurant uses it for their menu. Which, by the way, is a Michelin star. So you know that heirloom tomato that you saw that afternoon might be on your plate that evening.

The pool was definitely a plus for afternoon relaxing...and pool side service for wine and cocktails is a plus.

The breakfast was lovely, but being the early risers that we are, just having coffee (that's available before service), and sitting on the front porch, with the east sun coming in over the vineyards was just breathtaking.

We had dinner at the restaurant and I will have to say, it was the best meal of my life. No exaggeration.
I have experienced many top restaurants in my life, but this takes the prize!

We had the 7 course dinner and it was a true gastronomical experience.
From the around the world cheese plate, to the ice cream made table side (with liquid nitrogen), to the coffee presentation, it was all very impressive and presented by an incredibly passionate, knowledgeable staff. We were all very impressed with the service.
It was just PERFECT. I would not have changed a thing!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank geegeeca
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2010

This is a true Pride of Ownership property-grounds are beautiful and front desk extremely helpful.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Healdsburg
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort
Hotel Les Mars, Relais & Chateaux
Vintners Inn
Vintners Inn
#2 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to Madrona Manor Wine Country Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!