This hotel has been on our radar for years. We've read countless articles on how wonderful & charming it is so we finally booked a room. Upon check in, with confusion about the parking arrangements, some of the "charm" faded quickly. However, we quickly forgot about this & proceeded to enjoy the charming town which is well worth the trip. At 6:30a.m. The next morning, we were awakened by the awful odor of onions cooking! We were in room #6 on the second floor which is in close proximity to the "kitchen" where the staff prepares breakfast & an afternoon snack (Note: ALL of the rooms on the second floor are near the kitchen). It was so bad, I started gagging before leaving the bed. We quickly got dressed & walked out of the hotel. As we exited the hotel on the first floor, we noticed the onion odor was just as bad as upstairs. We then spent the next couple of hours wandering around town seeking a room for our final night in Healdsburg. Since this is August & their busiest season, it wasn't easy. We were delighted to secure a cottage @ Healdsburg Modern Cottages! They had a last minute cancellation - thank heavens! The thought of spending another night at the Healdsburg Inn was unbearable.
The icing on the cake was talking to the manager @ the Healdsburg Inn. A young woman with absolutely no customer service skills. I explained how sick I was & told her we had to leave. She said no one had complained before. So? She then said that the early check out fee was $100. However, she was going to reduce that to $50. I told her that in light of what happened, we weren't paying. She reluctantly took the charge off the bill. She didn't apologize for the situation or try to remedy it in any way. All for $400+ a night! Avoid this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This California inn has the best location in town, right on the Healdsburg Plaza. As the newest Four Sisters Inn, guests will find a blend of wine country warmth and Umbrian chic. The 12 fully remodeled and spacious rooms feature fireplaces, bay windows or balconies, and many feature a jetted spa tub. The streamlined decor features hues of greens, blues and yellows, and takes advantage of the wealth of natural light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Healdsburg Inn - A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Healdsburg Inn - a Four Sisters Hotel Healdsburg
- Healdsburg Inn - a 4 Sisters Inn