Healdsburg Inn on the Plaza is a unique combination of bed and breakfast and small inn. When you arrive you are given a key to the front door of the hotel because the desk is not manned after 8 PM and the front door is locked. Cookies are on the front counter for guests to sample, sodas are free in the refrigerator on the 2nd floor landing. Books and videos are also available in a mini library section of the landing. Coffee and a variety of teas and hot chocoloate were also free. Wine and hors d'oeuvres are available every late afternoon with a representative of the winery there to answer any questions. Breakfast is included in a bright sun room that has a fireplace for winter days.
Our room had a fireplace with marble surround (it was 100 degrees outside) but the air conditioning and ceiling fan worked great. The ceiling of the room was two stories high with a set of translucent windows on one wall that stretched to the ceiling and were covered in filmy white curtains. This was awesome! The room itself was not large, but it had a small hallway that led to a side porch that ran the width of the building that had chairs and tables set up. This was great for sitting with morning coffee before going to breakfast. The bathroom had French doors with curtains between it and the bedroom. Stall shower in glass and gold trim and claw-foot bathtub took up most of the space. This didn't leave much room for a vanity area and there was not one - just a pedestal sink and some shelves, along with a small (8" square top) table. However - it had atmosphere and felt comfy. Terry bathrobes were also available.
The noise level inside left something to be desired. Because it is an older building, there is virtually no soundproofing. Every door closed and every latch locked could be heard. Also, we could hear the occupants of the room next door speaking and anyone who was in the hallway as well.
The included hot breakfast was not up to par. There was an asparagus quiche that was just egg and asparagus - a lot of asparagus - and lukewarm. The hash browns were white - no color or crispness to them. Fresh watermelon slices, peanut butter and mandarin orange slices from a can, mini rolls and bread, granola and oatmeal finished off the spread. A bananas Foster kind of sauce was the sweet. Orange juice (not freshly squeezed) and great coffee, tea, etc. were also available.
The location - right on the plaza - is excellent for exploring Healdsburg and the surrounding locations. The wine tasting was very nice and the people who staff the Inn were very gracious. However, the breakfast was a disappointment. I'm sure that it was just the luck of the draw for the menu that day. The Inn is part of the Four Sisters Inns and it is elegant and relaxed. We just stayed one night because of our travel plans - and it was a splurge. It would be an expensive proposition to make it a base for traveling in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This California inn has the best location in town, right on the Healdsburg Plaza. As the newest Four Sisters Inn, guests will find a blend of wine country warmth and Umbrian chic. The 12 fully remodeled and spacious rooms feature fireplaces, bay windows or balconies, and many feature a jetted spa tub. The streamlined decor features hues of greens, blues and yellows, and takes advantage of the wealth of natural light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Healdsburg Inn - A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Healdsburg Inn - a Four Sisters Hotel Healdsburg
- Healdsburg Inn - a 4 Sisters Inn