“I really loved this place!”

Haydon Street Inn B & B
Ranked #11 of 16 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great Inn! Not super fancy, but very relaxed, clean and great innkeepers. I read the reviews about Karen, but honestly, I found her to be very nice. I think people forget that even though it is a B&B it is a business also. She is a business person and an innkeeper. She needs to keep things on schedule and orderly. John is great! Very laid back and very personable so they are a good match. Breakfast was very good and the wine hour was great. Light snacks, beautiful yard. The best part of our stay was that the Sunday we were there they had a neighborhood chili cook off. My friend and I stayed and mingled with guests and neighbors and judged some pretty amazing chilis while our husbands went to a bar to watch the World Series. They missed out! Overall, highly recommend. Short walk to town which is a plus!!

Room Tip: We had the queen room and it was fine. The bed was too soft for me, but our friends loved their bed.
There are newer reviews for Haydon Street Inn B & B

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed 2 days here at the Hayden Inn, which is in walking distance to the plaza in Healdsburg. We were in the Garden Room, which is a bit small, but does have en suite bathroom. It is a very peaceful location on a quiet street. Each evening, John, the owner, has a little wine and cheese Happy Hour on the patio outside so the guests can socialize. He has built an outdoor pizza oven and on the weekends makes pizza for happy hour!
John is a gourmet chef and his nibbles are delicious. Breakfasts were also an experience. Fruit smoothie shooters, perfectly fresh fruit cocktail, frittata. John and Keren live nearby but are always accessible by phone. The house has a lovely living room and front porch to use for relaxing. There is off street parking available behind the Inn, and we were allowed to leave our car there after we checked out so we could walk into Healdsburg. John also provided coupons for free wine tasting at the Family Vineyards. Would stay here again!
Haydon, the resident cat, was very welcoming, but is an outside cat.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

My 50th birthday celebratory trip itinerary had us in Sonoma County for 2 nights.....driving up the coast from San Francisco and wanting to visit Armstrong Redwoods, I researched accommodations in nearby Guerneville and booked there for 2 nights. Needless to say, we only lasted 1 night as the place was a let down and was misrepresented to me.

Scrambling to find a vacancy in the area, I called the Haydon Street Inn. John promptly returned my call with good news. He had a room. And he told me that he was having an afternoon wine reception for guests with homemade pizza from his outdoor pizza oven. Sounded too good to be true considering our recent experience but I gave him my credit card # to hold the room and we arrived around 5pm.

John greeted us and we felt welcomed and at home immediately. He escorted us to the Cottage Suite and we thought we died and went to heaven!!

The suite is located on the first floor of the guest house on the property and is comparable to a very large 1 bedroom apartment in NYC. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. the bathroom was spacious. there was a private patio with hot tub which we didn't have time to take advantage of....a fully appointed kitchen...living room with flat screen tv....covered porch....unbelievable right?? wrong - believe it!!

The wine reception was really nice and a great way to sample a local winery and socialize with the other guests. John's pizza was de-lish!! Look out Frank Pepe! One of his pies featured his homemade sausage. The national league playoffs were going on during the reception and my boyfriend opted out to watch the game instead. his loss - but "his" cardinals won that night.

The accommodations were extremely quiet and made for a great night's sleep. The house is located on a quiet, residential street, and I would assume that all of the rooms in the main house are equally quiet. I learned that there were 2 rooms above us - wouldn't have known. Didn't hear a footstep or a sneeze for that matter.

Breakfast, served at 9am, was remarkable and memorable. A homemade smoothie, followed by a footed bowl of fruit, topped off with an omelet, homemade bacon (yeah - he uses the entire pig!) and a garnish of spinach pesto. Upon check in, he told us what breakfast was going to be and asked if we had any special requirements. My boyfriend requested a cheese-less omelet and John obliged. I should have asked John to put his cheese on mine!

The inn is located 2 blocks off of Healdsburg Ave. which made for an easy walk into town. We enjoyed walking to dinner and leaving the car behind.

We really enjoyed Healdsburg. We loved the vibe of the town, the restaurants, the shops and the tasting rooms. There are so many wineries nearby that don't require appointments. The Russian River also runs through town and kayaking trips are available. There are also cooking schools in town if you prefer a local, hands-on culinary experience.

I can't say enough about John & the Haydon Street Inn. This place truly saved our vacation and my birthday celebration. We highly recommend the inn without hesitation and will be staying there again on our next trip to Wine Country!!! Can't wait to return!!!

1  Thank pcarlnj
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Last week my wife and I stayed at the Haydon St. Inn for about the 5th time. Karen and John are gracious hosts and the "B" meaning breakfast is an epicurean delight. Even considering I don't eat cheese, John made sure those breakfasts were wonderful. The rooms (we've stayed in most of them over the years) are victorian comfort. The dining a few short blocks away is absolutely sensational. Wineries of all description are easily accessible.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

greeted by crispy yet cordial land lady late in the afternoon... check in isn't until 4, nothing could be altered for us so we spent 3 hours wandering around town...
the inn is pleasant and ideally situated, creaking and groaning with old world charm.
the breakfasts provided are a delectable delight.. make sure you indulge!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

From our beautifully decorated,and scrupulously clean room (The Rose Room) with a very comfortable bed and ironed bed linens, we were further pampered with coffee and newspapers in the living room the morning before breakfast. Breakfast was a three course treat perfectly portioned for our tastes which was cooked by John who does everything from scratch - except the muffins and scones which Keren makes. Each evening between 6-7 we were treated to a wine tasting from a local vintner accompanied on 2 of these occasions, by 'made from-scratch' pizzas by John, who produced them in front of our eyes from his wood-fired pizza oven. Many thoughtful details such as a jar of homemade cookies and candied walnuts from their tree were available all day 'round. Both John and Keren were very knowledgeable and helpful with local reconnaissance and travel suggestions. Being close to Wine Country Bikes where we walked to pick up our bikes each day and being able to walk to restaurants downtown was wonderful.
We are pleased to be able to recommend Haydon St. Inn without reserve...!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank iwantotravel
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at the Haydon Street Inn for a shared birthday weekend. I was disappointed that neither of us were wished a Happy Birthday until we received our departure email...it would have been nice to hear that from the hosts when we arrived. Otherwise, the inn is perfectly located within walking distance to Healdsburg which have great restaurants, shopping, and wine-tasting. the rooms are lovely as is the common areas. We sat on the brick patio and enjoyed wine and nibbles before going off to dinner. John's a great cook...wonderful, healthy breakfasts. And Keren is an accommodating host. All in all a very pleasant weekend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends