“This "B and B" means "Beautiful and Bountiful"”
Review of Camellia Inn

Camellia Inn
Ranked #8 of 17 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The Inn was "beautiful", both inside and out. Also, the food and wine was "bountiful"...and delicious. And if all this wasn't enough, Lucy, the owner/ manager, was extremely cordial and helpful. She was a wealth of good ideas as to where to go and what to see in the area. And the Inn is located within easy walking distance to downtown Healdsburg. Just park your car in their parking lot and explore. My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time at this Inn and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2011

I didn't actually stay here yet but we had to cancel our booking outside the cancelation window because a wedding we were flying in for got canceled. I can count on one hand the kinds of hotels that would go out of their way to rebook the rooms and not just take our deposit. Camellia really re-instilled a modicum of faith that I had lost in the hotel world. They worked overtime to help me mitigate a situation that was not their fault in the least and got the rooms rebooked and gave me my deposit back without any attitude or carelessness. That's the kind of hotel I am talking about and if the wedding ever happens I will 1000% be staying at Camellia Inn no matter what. That's what good business is about. No idea if the property is as nice as the pics online but if their way of doing business is any indication its probably ten times better.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DavidG73
Reviewed August 4, 2011

It was the perfect day for a drive across the Golden Gate Bridge--sunny, blue sky with big fluffy white clouds. Ahhhhhh....Merlot & brownies in the parlor of the Camellia Inn in Healdsburg, CA. This authentic Victorian home ia a gem of a B & B. After a 2 hour drive from San Francisco, the town of Healdsburg is a wonderful peaceful run-away-from-the crazy legislative session just completed.
Lucy and her family spoiled us with sumptuous breakfasts and "Chocolate covered Wednesday". At night the sideboard is always stocked with her homemade cookies, coffee and teas. The weather was perfect and it was just before the summer crowds arrived. This must be heaven!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This B&B was excellent in every way. The decor was lovely, beds were comfy, breakfast was delicious, and location perfect--quiet, but a short stroll away from town. There's a big pool and a hot tub as well. Prices were lower than at other comparable B&B's in Healdsburg, and that makes the Camellia a real value.

We stayed there on the beginning of our CA trip and loved it, and later in the trip we wanted to stay in Healdsburg again for one additional night--kind of spur of the moment decision. It was last minute, and The Camellia had no availability, but the Innkeeper was able to offer us an apartment in the heart of town. It was a gorgeous, roomy two-bedroom place that I would definitely return to, especially if we end up traveling with a larger group.

Beautiful place, helpful people--such a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mcal3K
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Wonderful Inn, gracious innkeepers, delicious food, great location- we hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I feel bad that I forgot to review the Inn after our April visit. We stayed here the first time we came to Healdsburg when Lucy's parents ran the business. It was fantastic then and it's fantastic now! I've sent others here as well. Lucy is a wonderful hostess and the food was even better than before! I hated to see that the winery was closing- the wines were wonderful.

Best thing about Camellia Inn (over a couple other highly rated places) is that you can walk to town in a couple minutes. You can spend 2 entire days just shopping, wine tasting, eating, etc. right in the charming town. They have some really great antique shops as well. The other thing I love about this and other B&Bs is the chance to meet other travelers and share travel information.

There are no TVs in the rooms, but a side porch with no rooms overhead has a TV and many channels. I HAD to watch the royal wedding at 4 am and was glad I didn't disturb any other guests!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LLindaC
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband and I recently returned from a 4-night stay at The Camellia Inn in Healdsburg, CA. We were celebrating both of our 40th birthdays and this was the perfect place. Our room was large, very comfortable and quiet. The breakfasts were wonderful and filling. We especially enjoyed the wine and appetizers nightly by the pool. It gave us another chance to engage in great conversations with the other guests, as well as swap tips for wineries and restaurants.

Our host, Lucy, was amazingly helpful. She made all of our dinner reservations and even got us into Cyrus last minute. Every morning us would help us review our route, makes suggestions and ensure that we had passes for any wineries we were visiting. Her advice really helped keep our trip carefree and simply enjoyable.

The location was perfect. The street was very quiet but the close proximity to town allowed us to walk to restaurants and shopping. The grounds were beautifully cared for and peaceful. We cannot wait to return!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple