“Just like visiting your (rich) Uncle Jerry!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Healdsburg
Bella Villa Messina
Ranked #2 of 15 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
Jupiter, Florida
“Just like visiting your (rich) Uncle Jerry!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

OMG! What an amazing time I had last week at the Bella Villa Messina! Jerry and Harold are so sweet, accommodating, and generous. The rooms are huge, nicely decorated, and fully stocked. Breakfasts are home-made, even the bread!, from old family recipes. After wine tasting, you come "home" to a nice wine & cheese reception and chit-chat with Jerry. And just mention his name for free wine tastings across the valley! There is no time limit / restriction for breakfast; Jerry has it ready for you, when you get up. Big hugs upon departure, and I miss them already... I will return, for sure! The best experience of my trip! Truly!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

I read all the good reviews about the place, and honestly I expected a nice Inn with a cool room and friendly people, but I got better. The room was nicely decorated, the bed was super comfy and the view was great. What I didn't expect was the all the extras. I expected a good breakfast, but what I got was a truly amazing one - it was one of the best I had in a hotel/b&b before. And then there was the cocktail hour, where they served good wine and really good cheese.

I also just happened to be there on the 4th of July when they held a bbq, to which all the Inn guests were invited. We were only asked to bring a couple bottles of wine. The food was again great - best I've ever had for a 4th of July bbq - and the wine was equally good (we were in the wine country after all). Harold's carrot cake is seriously to die for, especially if you like carrot cake. On top of it all, since the Villa is on the top of a hill, we had a spectacular view of the fireworks.

Oh, and not to forget all the good advice for what wineries to go to and all the complimentary tasting cards we got from them.

All in all, it was an unforgettable experience. I'm not sure you can possibly do better. I would warmly recommend it to anyone. The only reason I gave 4 starts to the value is because I feel the price is a little high. I realize it's pretty hard to find anything much cheaper, but it would definitely increase the probability of returning if the rates were lower.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank L00kingForAdv3nture
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

This was our fourth stay, all in the Asti room. Consistent with all other visits, this one was wonderful. Jerry and Harold are outstanding hosts, the villa gets better each year, and other guests were enjoyable companions at cocktail hours and breakfast. The four nights sped by altogether too quickly, and we can't wait to go back. Jerry has encyclopedic knowledge of the local wineries and restaurants, and his recommendations are excellent. You are always greeted warmly in local establishments as one of Bella Villa Messina's guests, i.e., one of "Jerry's kids "

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

We agree with everyone else who loved this lovely B&B! Bella Villa Messina's setting is absolutely gorgeous, and the view from our private balcony in the Asti Room was spectacular. Jerry and Harold are gracious, entertaining hosts who take it upon themselves to ensure that their guests enjoy every minute they spend in Sonoma. We certainly did!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2010

I'm not going to waste time reiterating. Jerry and Harold are great, food was great, room was great, location is great. The perfect place to stay if you're interested in finding an instant friend with a great home in Sonoma.

Trussville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2010

We loved our time at Bella Villa Messina. Jerry and Harold were fabulous hosts and Jerry's breakfasts were delicious. Sine this was our first time in Sonoma we took all of their recommendations and were not disappointed. We look forward to coming back!

Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

Our children sent us to Bella Villa Messina as a gift. It turned out to be the best gift we ever received from them,other than their love. Jerry and Harold and the pups are wonderful hosts. We stayed in the Asti room for 5 nights. You might confuse it with a temporary stay in heaven. The food was fantastic. Do you like waking up to the smell of bacon? Jerry serves breakfast from 7:30 -9:30,which is so much better than the other B&B s I've stayed at. It was much appreciated because we were on vacation and didn't want to get up early. Listen to Jerry! He absolutely knows the best wineries and restaurants to visit. Daily conversation is lively at breakfast and cocktail hour. Jerry and Harold will help you with anything you need. We are definitely coming back and thinking of bringing our adult children back with us.