“This place is perfect!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Healdsburg
Bella Villa Messina Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 16 Healdsburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 13, 2010

My husband and I only had a day and a half to relax in the wine country. We wanted to stay near Healdsburg and Dry creek and after a lot of research found Bella Villa Messina. I have to admit we were sold once we saw pictures of the llamas! We were more then thrilled with our stay. Jerry made recommendations and reservations for our dinners each night that were spot on. Breakfast was always yummy and the wine and cheese was always plentiful during happy hour. You truly felt like you were a guest in Jerry's home. We will be sure to return and have already told all of our family and friends about our stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 12, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Bella Villa Messina over a long weekend in April 2010. It was our first B&B experience and it was incredible! The ammenities were plentiful and the hosts will do anything and everything to ensure your stay is a great one. Don't miss breakfast or happy hour...both were huge bonuses for us! If you need information or local suggestions for great food and wineries, you don't need to ask anyone else or look online, just ask the hosts! 5 Stars, A++, we'll definitely be back!!!

Reviewed April 11, 2010

We just returned from a memorable stay at Healdsburg's Bella Villa Messina. This B&B has a welcoming atmosphere that makes your stay an incredible experience. Jerry and Harold are most knowledgable and hospitable hosts. No one can leave without feeling they have made new friends. We loved the Italian room but the other rooms looked wonderful also. Breakfasts were great and so were the afternoon/evening wine and cheese hours. There is easy access to the highway, wineries, and the downtown plaza with shops and restaurants. We would definitely return and recommend this B&B to friends and family.

Reviewed April 11, 2010

My wife and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary with a trip to California's wine country. Thank goodness we found Bella Villa Messina!

The location is perfect, in the northern part of Sonoma County. This is a far different world from the Napa Valley and lower Sonoma County. Far less traffic, crowds, and "tourist traps."

The best part of Bella Villa Messina, are the hosts, Jerry and Harold. No doubt there are other worthy innkeepers in the area, but at Bella Villa Messina they "go above and beyond" to make your stay a great one. They are flexible about things, and make it easy and pleasurable for those who visit.

The breakfasts are superb, and the late afternoon wine and cheese presentation is great. We were in the Asti room, which is spacious, elegant, and massively comfortable. I had a look into the other rooms as well, and they all look good. Two cute llamas and three almost-too-cute terriers are also at hand for your viewing pleasure.

We had no complaints, and in my opinion the defining feature - that which truly sets Bella Villa Messina apart - is the knowledge and helpfulness of the hosts. Jerry took as much time as necessary to find out what we liked, what we wanted to do, and then suggest locations and activities.

A scenic route to and from the ocean, good places to eat, local history and anecdotes - all contribute to the experience. Now then, this is Wine Country. Healdsburg is in or near the Russian River, Alexander, and Dry Creek valleys. Consider yourself lucky - you are away from the madding crowds down south, i.e. Napa and the town of Sonoma, etc.

We found some truly excellent wines at good, even fantastic prices, and that is due in large part to the input from the hosts. Bella Villa Messina did a lot to make our trip, and we will never forget that.

Doug Vinson
Atlanta, Georgia, USA

2  Thank Porkloin
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We stayed at Bella Villa Messina to do some touring of wine country. We stayed in The Asti Suite with the most comfortable king bed in the world. This room had everything you could ask for. The view from the private deck overlooking the Dry Creek Valley was magnificent? I was amazed at the decor of this place. Then there’s Jerry and Harold, two of the nicest people you could ever meet. Jerry gave us wonderful recommendations for wineries and restaurants to go to and helped map out our days for us, he provided free tasting cards, a map with his personal recommendations and local color that added even more fun to the trip. The nightly wine and cheese hour was a hoot. I will go there again and again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Painking
Reviewed February 9, 2010

After a much needed rest from our new business we decided to stay in Healdsburg and picked The Bella Villa Messina. The reviews were great but do not do this property justice. Overlooking the Dry Creek Valley the views from this magnificent house are worth the price. We stayed in The Asti Suite and if we lived there we probably would never leave. From the comfortable king bed to the relaxing spa tub this room has everything you could ask for, Did I mention the views from the private deck? Then there is Jerry and Harold, Thet are two of the nicest people you could ever meet . They both went out of their way with winery and dinner recommendations so our stay would be memorable. We really enjoyed the afternoon wine and cheese hour listening to all of Jerry's stories of their travels. If you have a fascination with llamas you came to the right place. They have two and they roam the grounds at their leisure. I can go on and on but you will need to experience the Inn yourself, We will definately recommend The Bella Villa Messina to all our friends and will definately return ourselves. Thank you Jerry and Harold for the great experience

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dcdcotch
Reviewed January 27, 2010

When we decided to visit Sonoma with our friends, someone recommended staying in the Healdsburg area!! What a fabulous recommendation!! We searched for places to stay and Bella Villa Messina looked like the best. And it most definitely was!! Harold and Jerry were/are FABULOUS!! The food, the wine, the cheese, the hospitality, absolutely everything was PERFECT. I had never been to a Bed and Breakfast before and, I admit, was a little skeptical of staying in one, but let me tell you, I don't think I could ever stay in one after this trip because it was sooo amazing!! I just got off the phone telling my friend going on her honeymoon to stay there with her soon to be husband!! I can't wait for my return visit- hopefully it will be this summer with my mom!! The bed and breakfast is beautiful as is Sonoma. Jerry will plan everything for you if you want him to! We showed up with no idea where to go and he gave us a list of recommendations!! He also recommended the Wine-A-Bay-Go which is fabulous!! A great way to get around Sonoma! I could go on and on about the fabulousness of this place- but you HAVE to see it for yourself!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends