Bella Villa Messina Bed and Breakfast
$399
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Healdsburg(Healdsburg)
$549
Healdsburg Inn - A Four Sisters Inn(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
$303
$280
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $321/night.

Grape Leaf Inn(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
$318
Best Western Dry Creek Inn(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
$183
$162
$477
$458
Calderwood Inn(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
$292
$290
The Duchamp Healdsburg(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
$795
$524
Travelocity
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort(Healdsburg)(Great Value!)
$375
Official Site
All reviewsasti roomcocktail hourfrench roomjerry haroldfrench toasthappy hourother guestswine and cheesewine countryblueberry pancakeseach morninggreat hostssonoma countyfresh baked breaddinner reservationsgreat conversationcrackers
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Hosts Jerry and Harold have created a warm and beautiful B&B, just moments from California's best wineries.

The attention to detail is staggering, from the tasteful themed suites to the eclectic collection of antiquities throughout.

We felt immediately welcome, particularly at Jerry and Harold's daily cocktail hour, where guests get to sample some of the regions
finest wines.

Jerry's sumptuous breakfasts were a real treat. Also, the boy's local knowledge and guidance for restaurants and quality wineries made our trip a dream come true.
(Listen to them!)

Make Villa Bella Messina your first
port of call if you're going to Healdsburg.

Phil Lynch & Julie Blom
Tweed Heads NSW
Australia

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 28, 2013

It was too short. Jerry greeted me at 6:30 in the morning when I arrived. My long time girl friend had arrived 2 days earlier. What a great location! At the top of the hill with great views. The roomwas great with a king bed and windows all around. There was also a patio with a great view. The hosts, Jerry and Harold, were fantastic. Great breakfast and a cocktail hour with wine and cheese. And you can't forget the Llamas - majestic - and their dogs. Within hours, Jerry made us feel like family. He had all of the guests hanging out and having fun (and wine).. He knew all of the restaurants and wineries to visit, and had free wine tasting coupons for all of them. Everybody in Sonoma county new Jerry and Harold. It should not have been a surprise as they have class! A great experience and we wiil be back.

Room Tip: Just call and Jerry will take care of you.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was a wonderful place to stay to enjoy the wine country. The name says it all, it is the "beautiful Villa of the Messina family". Our hosts, Jerry and Harold are just wonderful people whom gave you suggestions on wineries to visit, country views and drives to go on and places for dinner. The rooms were elegant, very comfortable and very clean. The breakfast they served was absolutely to die for! There was so much food and it was better than you could have gotten at any restaruant! Happy hour is every evening at 5:30. They serve a great Zin that flows while everyone chats about their day. Cheese and crackers, olives and nuts are served to tie you over until you get to your dinner reservation that Jerry will make for you. We were treated like family and had a great time. We could not have picked a better place in the Healdsburg area to stay! We will be back!! and I would recommend this to anyone visiting the area. You will not be disappointed and you will not want to leave! I have stayed at a few B&B's, but this is OVER THE TOP!! First Class, 5 Star Service and Hospitality!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I just returned from a vacation in Sonoma. After extensive and carefull search I chose Bella Villa Messina. I could not have wished for better environment. The villa is very stylish, perfectly located, serene and comfortable. Most of all, however, the owners were very professional, knowledgable, and went out of their way to make sure that all our needs were addressed. I truly enjoyed their company and the well balanced and elegant atmosphere they created. I will return to Bella Villa Messina.
Antonia

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I am only giving them one bullet because I can't give zero. I called to reserve a room and Harold (who was having trouble hearing me so I had to shout) said they were full but offered me a room that was not on their website for $220 a night (which is the same price as some of their rooms listed on-line). I asked for him to send me photos but he said they didn't have any and I should refer to the rooms on the web-site for reference.

The Room:
He said we would be in the "carriage house" and that most couples know to ask for it when they are calling because it is not listed on-line. I figured I had gotten lucky and this was some hidden gem that not a lot of people knew about. Well I was horribly wrong.

He did say there was a bathroom in the room but the room was located outside of the villa. I didn't think it would be a big deal and imagined our own little cottage quarters. I did not know that there was a 360 degree driveway that went completely around the room so basically we stayed in a fishbowl. The shower was not in the room but a walk outside and then back in the hallway of the villa... the "bathroom" was a toilet. If I was to shower I would have to enter the house right next to the main room where guests hang out.

When I was told to refer to the rooms on-line I assumed since the house was separate from the main house they would have designed the interior as nice if not nicer... once again I was horribly wrong. The interior space looked like a combination of goodwill and a college kid's dorm room. At least at Motel 6 they try and match their furniture. I was appalled that they would charge the same rate for a room that is clearly well below the level of the ones in the house.

The Owners:
When I went in to talk to Jerry and told him my concerns he said, "Well that's why I don't rent out the carriage house." I explained that I felt I was very misinformed about the quality and set up and he said, "I know Harold explained everything to you and you just misunderstood him" I was so furious that I walked outside and as I did he looked defiantly at my boyfriend and proclaimed, "well I just won't allow any negativity in my house!" My boyfriend tried to explain how we felt we were sold a whole bill of goods and how in the absence of value price becomes an issue. Harold came over and proceeded to yell at my boyfriend saying, "I did you guys a favor letting you stay here! I don't need your business we're booked solid and making tons of money!"
My boyfriend walked away but this definitely ruined the relaxing part of the trip which usually happens at your hotel.

The next morning when checking out I asked Jerry why he charges the same for the carriage house room and the rooms inside. His answer was its the lowest price we offer. So basically we paid the same amount to stay in a room without a shower, that was like a sauna in the afternoon (and had an old air conditioner), we didn't have a view unless we wanted people looking in, and the interior was awful... this is not fair. His response was "I didn't rent you that room, Harold did" and I replied, "Harold is YOUR BUSINESS PARTNER so hes also reflection on you" he proceed to get very upset and charged us the full $500 with tax for 2 of the worst nights I've ever spent in a hotel. I told him I would be giving him a terrible review and he just shrugged as if he could care less. Upon exiting we overheard him bad-mouthing us to the other guests about how some people just want to complain....

I will put this out there, I am never one to complain unless the issue is not resolved. I gave Jerry multiple chances to ramify the situation. If he doesn't rent out the carriage house because he doesn't think it's up to par then his business partner Harold (who answered the reservations line) should know better!

This was the worst bed & breakfast I have ever been to and I can't wait to return to Healdsberg and bring my business to hotel H2 or Les Mars.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel like H2 or Les Mars unless you want a stressful vacation.
17  Thank PommeryPop