“The French Have Cornered the Breakfast Market”

Costeaux French Bakery
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Healdsburg
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: A Healdsburg establishment since 1923, Costeaux French Bakery serves as a destination for residents, wine country enthusiasts & international visitors. Visit the open-air cafe for breakfast, lunch, or stop in for world class fresh-baked breads. Over the years, Costeaux has been honored with Sonoma County Harvest Fair Best of Show Professional French & Specialty Bread awards. Come visit our French-inspired cafe bakery & consider us for your next event. Inquire about special event catering, check out our breakfast & lunch menus. We also have a private meeting room for up to six guests. Be sure to eye our famous dessert case or browse our wedding cake book.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Ok, I should start by saying I love quiche, so a French place is the place to order it. I was NOT disappointed. It is a huge slice too, which hey, what's not to love about THAT??

The coffee is way too strong for me, as it usually is in French places but if you like your java to slap you in the face and then stain your teeth, this is your kinda place! Food is excellent and the decor is very comfortable, sort of farmhouse-y and nice. It wasn't busy when we went so I can't say if it gets loud when it's crowded but I can see how it might with high ceilings and so many hard surfaces. I'd definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for Costeaux French Bakery

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Nice breakfast selection and good lunch selection. Can't say all their French dishes such as French Onion soup are spot on. Sometimes service can be slow but I think that's because the kitchen is slow. Great pastries and breads though which is why I rated them very good.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We went on a weekday for a change, and were a bit disappointed that their waffle & Benedict specials weren't available. However, the other entrees were more than adequate, tasty & filling. Service was a little slow this time, not sure why.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had the eggs Benedict special of the day with cappacinio and lattes, then followed it with a chocolate croissant. Everything was awesome met the owners as we were the very first group at seven am... Thanks to some locals as we walked at 6am for the recommendation.... We definitely will be back for our next visit and will make sure to try the cinnamon raisin bread...

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Had a full breakfast with wonderful omlets and a gluten free mix for my daughter. Party of 5 all loved what they had and wished they had saved room for the bakery items inside. Great flavorful coffee and homemade jelly for fresh baked bread. Went back the next morning for the pastries. Glad we did.