“A weekend Bfast MUST!”

Costeaux French Bakery
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Healdsburg
Cuisines: French, American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A Healdsburg establishment since 1923, Costeaux French Bakery serves as a destination for residents, wine country enthusiasts & international visitors. Visit the open-air cafe for breakfast, lunch, or stop in for world class fresh-baked breads. Over the years, Costeaux has been honored with Sonoma County Harvest Fair Best of Show Professional French & Specialty Bread awards. Come visit our French-inspired cafe bakery & consider us for your next event. Inquire about special event catering, check out our breakfast & lunch menus. We also have a private meeting room for up to six guests. Be sure to eye our famous dessert case or browse our wedding cake book.
Austin, Texas
“A weekend Bfast MUST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I get to Healdsburg frequently and absolutely have to have my "eggs benedict" fix at Costeaux's. No matter what the variation it is that particular Saturday or Sunday, it will be fabulous. The portions are so huge, though, that I generally split this with my companion. With a side croissant - also to die for - almost, almost as good as Paris! Note though - this option is only available on weekends, but the weekday breakfasts are good also!

Visited March 2013

Salem, Oregon, United States
“Confusing hours of business!?!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Last year when we visited Healdsburg, we had an excellent lunch here and looked forward to revisiting this restaurant, but no such luck. On our first attempt to eat here, it was closed at 3:00, even though the sign outside said they were open until 4:00. On our second attempt, we actually made it through the door, but were told they were no longer seating for lunch. It was 2:45. The sign out front said they were open until 5:00 on Saturday. The hostess was not exactly welcoming or pleasant in delivering this information. Needless to say, we are NEVER going back. We ended up eating lunch up the street where they seemed happy for our business! The snooty attitude and the difficulty in finding it open forces me to give this place a very low rating.

Georgetown, Maine
“Service not so great...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stopped by on Sunday morning, and the service was terrible except for the fantastic hostess! She was amazing by any standard. I was seated quickly considering how busy it was, and the waiter finally took my order and barely greeted me after about 8 minutes, then I waited 15 additional minutes for my coffee!!!! It is not good to keep people waiting 25 minutes for their morning coffee no how green your laurels are. The omelet while good, was nothing special. The bread was superb, but I would have liked the choice of toasted or non-toasted. Will I return? Maybe, although the poor service tainted my whole impression. I understand how difficult it can be to provide excellent service when it is busy, however to not even acknowledge that you are aware how poor the service is... is hard to forgive. I have a problem with establishments that feel they no longer need to provide good service once they have "made it".

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank HK04548
San Jose, California, United States
“French breakfast and lunch in Healdsburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Everything is fresh and the breads, coffee, pastries, salads and meats are authentic French for any Francophile. Service is friendly and fast. Cyclists and pets get to enjoy the patio seating. It is worth getting off of hwy 101 just to enjoy it. Make them part of your wine country experience.

Visited March 2013
Brampton
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

May husband and I stopped here by chance and had coffee and dessert. I had a white cake with coconut and a Boston cream filling. It was fabulous. I also had a coconut macaroon to go and enjoyed it later. The only complaint on my part was that the coffee was quite strong but for some that is a good thin.

• Visited March 2013