“Fun Afternoon on a rainy December Day”

J Vineyards & Winery
Ranked #23 of 159 things to do in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Renowned for our inspiring wine tasting experience, we encourage you to join us at the sleek J Visitor Center to experience our Russian River Valley wines. Taste a range of sparkling and varietal selections - from Brut Rose to Pinot Noir - while you enjoy the elegant setting that includes a striking original art installation created by Gordon Huether and inspired by our wines. Enjoy sparkling and varietal wines while you enjoy the atmosphere and discover why Sunset Magazine named J Vineyards & Winery the “Best Winery Tasting Room in the West.” Enjoy the J Signature Tasting with our signature wine flight that includes a selection of 5 of our Russian River Valley sparkling and varietal wines. Join us in one of our Legacy reserve rooms for an exclusive sampling of our award winning Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Sparkling Wines available exclusively through our Tasting Room. The Bubble Room is the ultimate Russian River Valley tasting experience. In a beautifully appointed full-service tasting salon, you and your guests will enjoy an exclusive tasting including rare Russian River Valley library and small-production wines, served with delicious wine country fare.
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Loved the Bubble Room-We had a 2pm reservation and left at 5!. No hurry here. Get comfortable on the glitter couch and enjoy a great food and wine pairing event. Cannot remember the name of our waitress but she was well trained in food and wine and fun to boot. Great way to spend the afternoon- we cancelled our dinner reservations for that evening after this tasting because we were over the top! We though when we first saw the menu that we would select on item from each course-no-each course had two tastings and two wine pairings.

Reviewed November 22, 2010

We had a very nice experience at the J Tasting Room recently. The wines are very good and the staff informative. I would highly recommend the Bubble Lounge where you get to taste the wines with excellent food pairing. Beautiful setting, friendly staff, fun day. Truly a unique wine country experience.

Reviewed October 18, 2010

We visited J winery on the recommendation of a friend. This was the second stop on our tour and the most dissapointing. First and formost they charged $20 for a tasting of 5 wines. Ok, I can live with that, but what bothered me is the tasting fee was not applied to our wine purchase! And really, other than the Pinotage, the wines we tasted were not all that good (at least for me). I'd check out other places first.

Reviewed November 12, 2009

We stumbled on J winery several years ago and were delighted by what we encountered. The wines were very good and they paired the tastings with little yummy tidbits of food that were also quite good. So when we decided to go back to Healdsburg this month we made sure J was on our list of places to visit. I was so disappointed to find they raised the price of their tasting to TWENTY DOLLARS. We had already visited several places that week and not ONE winery was charging that much for even their reserve tastings. OK, so the wine was being poured and I inquired about the food. I was informed that they didn't do that anymore with these tastings. However for 55 or 65 dollars you could go to their bubbly room and have food and wine paired together. Geez, the thing that made them different than the other places was gone. That was disappointing. I liked some of their wine ok, but the lady pouring my tastings kept trying to get us to taste from the expensive side of the menu so that she could sell us the high end bottles of wine. It almost seemed like she was talking down the more reasonably priced bottles of wine so we would spend more money on the expensive bottles. Their sparkling wine was good-- but again, pretty overpriced. All I can say is that when we first stumbled on J years ago, I felt they were more reasonably priced and pretty humble about what they had. Now that their name is getting out there-- in my opinion they jacked up their prices and started acting very snooty--sorry not for me. I preferred them more years ago. 20 dollars for a tasting? The tastes of wine were barely the equivalent of one glass. And they really counted the tastings. Other places would give you extra tastings of other wines even after you met your quota-- but not this place. We ended up purchasing a few bottles that my husband wanted, and they did not wave the tasting fee. Really J??? C'mon-- what happened to you. There are too many other wineries out there that don't seem so greedy. I will skip J on my next trip. Wines are not bad, but there are other better places out there that offer a better tasting experience and aren't so overpriced.

Reviewed November 2, 2008

The tasting room manager of Carr Winery in Santa Barbara first recommended J Winery to us. And a tasting in the Bubble Room was unanimously recommended by everyone we encountered on our visits to Healdsburg. My husband and I never got around to making a reservation, but luckily on the day of our visit, a party of six did not linger and an employee managed to squeeze us in. It was the highlight of our week-long trip. In my mind, the Bubble Room is divided up into a "living room" and a "dining room". Both atmospheres are inviting. We chose to sit in the living room. Service was cheerful, courteous and helpful. You can choose from three flights: red, white or bubbly. We chose red. Cost was $55 a person. It was well worth it. Our tasting started with a glass of bubbly and an appetizer to enjoy while the chef prepared the food pairing. Our flight consisted of two Pinot Noirs, a Zinfandel and a Pinotage. Our favorites were the 2005 Robert Thomas Vineyard Pinot Noir and the 2005 Russian River Pinotage, both of which we took home. (We did not ship from the tasting room and trying to safely transport a magnum of red wine in an already overstuffed suitcase is an adventure in itself.) The Pinotage, when paired with the cheese, changed the flavor of the wine so much that we felt like we were drinking vanilla. Our wine hostess had made homemade ice cream the night before and she served some to us along with a tasting of the Pear Liqueur. She also tracked down a store in Las Vegas, where we live, that sold the cheese we had just tasted so that we could repeat our experience at home. And she graciously offered us an additional tasting of any of the open wines since it was so close to closing. Great wine, food, service and atmosphere. What more could you ask for? Can't wait to repeat the experience.