“Loved El Farolito”

El Farolito
Ranked #27 of 99 Restaurants in Healdsburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 6, 2011

After mutliple bistros and the whole wine experience, we were ready for something different. So glad we gave El Farolito a try! Knew we were on to something given the large number of locals in the restaurant. Service was quick and friendly, margaritas and food portions were large and delicious and prices incredibly affordable. Great location right off Healsburg Square, we would definitely recommend.

1  Thank Cheri H

Reviewed May 8, 2011

After a long day of wine tasting and driving, we ended up on the square in Healdsburg to hunt for a reasonably-priced restaurant on a Monday evening. We found El Farolito on the recommendation of a local who we met in the park. What a great choice! Our group of six was seated immediately and much attention was paid to the fact that my niece turned 21 that day (she ordered her first 'legal' drink). Excellent guacamole, nice salsa and good margaritas to start. Everyone enjoyed their entrees....the frijoles were delicious (that's the one thing I always compare at Mexican restaurants). We would return!

Reviewed July 29, 2010

I've never had better Chile Relleno Burritos or nachos in my life. Not only is the food drive-171-miles-for-lunch delicious, but the service is superior, too. We just happened upon this place during vacation and went back two days in a row for lunch. Couldn't stay away! And we won't stay away for long--already making plans to go back:-)

1  Thank zkatro
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I'm writing this as I'm sitting in the restaurant, so the ambiiance will seep in to my review. Ok, and so will the second Azteca marguerite. We will start with the service: Attentive and prompt. Plenty of
smiles. A+ for that. The food: Most excellent! Perfect blend of traditional spices and flavors. My date (hot) had the mango chicken teriyaki burrito, very good. I had traditional enchilada / burrito combination. The flavors were distinct and fresh. The margaritas are to die for. Simple, fresh, perfect match for the food. No out-of-the-bottle kool-aid mix here. Atmosphere: perfect, loud, happy, and traditional enough to take you away from a cubicle day. Family friendly, plenty of south-of-the-border funk, and did I mention fabulous margeritas?

1  Thank Rdabs54
Reviewed August 20, 2009

The Margaritas are wonderful and the food was excellent. Served by some of the friendliest staff around. I'll definately go again when i'm in Healdsburg. I recommend it to all!!!