“Perfect 50th Birthday”

Bella Vineyards and Wine Caves
Ranked #15 of 159 things to do in Healdsburg
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I started my 50th birthday at Bella Vineyards with their ultimate tour. Our tour guide Cody was fantastic! We took a tour of the vineyard in an old Pinzgauer vehicle, learned about the planting process all while enjoying the wonderful wines they produce. We then went through the cave to see where the wine is stored, had a tasting directly from a barrel utilizing the "theif" and finished in the private tasting room. The people working here are friendly, excited and proud of their product. My birthday could not have started better. I now feel like I have an intimate relationship with Bella wines, not only are they wonderful but I have walked their vineyards and I will remember that experince the next time I raise a glass of their wine! Thank you for making my birthday so special!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We really enjoyed the off the beaten path drive to Bella vineyards. We found ourselves stopping several times to take photos of the landscape and family vineyards. Bella is small and unpretentious. They make great wine and have no desire to produce for the masses. The wine cave is cool, literally and figuratively. Our wine pourer was very friendly and made us feel like we lived up the road instead of across the country. He was also knowledgeable and generous. There was a small tasting fee but it felt more than worth it. We ended up buying several bottles of wine from this winery. I especially loved a delicious zinfandel, Late Harvest, that really satisfied a hankering of mild sweetness.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We live in SF and enjoy wine and wine country. These wines are really good. I'd say some of the best. It doesn't hurt that they have a beautiful setting and on a sunny fall day, you can sit on the lawn and not want to go anywhere else. Nearly perfect Zins. They have it dialed in. I will go back again And again.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We spent the weekend in Healdsburg and visited several wineries. Bella was by far my favorite. Amazing zins, actually every wine I liked. The ground and tasting room were amazing. The staff was personable and very accommodating. I can't say enough good things!!!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were on a trip to find a GREAT Zin winery. Lucked on to a limo driver that had been a foreman for many of the wineries in this area and he took us to a number of place that specialize in Zinfandel. He saved Bella for last. If you love Zin do yourself a favor. Go there, see the place (it is beautiful) drinK their wine. You will be hooked just like we were/are. Joined their wine club and just keep getting knockout wines !!!