Open today: 10:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Pretty tasting room, nice wines

This was my second visit to Seghesio. I am a wine club member from out of state and love the wines... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
blonde_stranger605
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Chef’s Table

We’ve been Seghesio wine club members for many years and enjoy the wine very much! We don’t live in... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Travelaandd
Loveland, Colorado
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Healdsburg
from $119.00
from $50.00
from $89.00
from $15.00
More Info
All reviews chef's table tasting room chef peter wine club italian varietals wine tasting fabulous job old vine zin club members great wine bocce ball salami knowledgeable staff tasting experience different wines favorite wine several years
Selected filters
Reviewed May 5, 2019

No matter when we visit we always enjoy the welcoming atmosphere and helpfulness of the folks "Behind the counter..." congenial, informative and refreshing. Thanks, Seghesio!

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed May 3, 2019

I was the only one tasting on a weekday afternoon. The pourer, ( I forget his name) was so very educational about their wines. When I told him I was very interested in their Italian varietals, he was able to pour me an additional one that wasn't on the wine tasting list. It was delicious!

After joining the club and return home, I received a handwritten note from him thanking me for joining the club family. Very thoughtful and great for increasing my opinion of this winery and their intent on making their club members feel very special.
(I'm sorry I can't remember his name even though he sent me his card in the thank you letter, but he was great!)

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed May 3, 2019

I’m from a few hours north of Healdsburg and I visit Seghesio every time I pass through. We showed up to pick up our shipment just a few minutes to closing and was still offered the tasting. We weren’t expecting that knowing we were cutting it so close. Much appreciated.

Reviewed May 3, 2019

Came with adult family, Had a great experience. Seghesio is my favorite Ziinfindel. Joined the club and can't wait until I get my first shipment.

Reviewed May 3, 2019

I have been a buyer of Seghesio wines (often by the case) for decades. Over that time I have been a Club member on and off and have visited the tasting room on more than one occasion. It is with that background in mind that I say the winery has slipped since the family sold it. The wines, especially the Zins that made them famous, like those from the unique Rockpile AVA, were unpleasant. The whites, Arneis which I buy often in particular, was satisfactory. Meanwhile the pourers in the tasting room were uninformative and disengaged. I have been served by the same people several times over the year and it's time they retired, their hearts aren't in it. Overall the experience was one I don't expect to repeat again.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
StephanieSmithSFV, Manager at Seghesio Family Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

We appreciate you sharing your experience and are disappointed to learn that you no longer enjoy Seghesio wines and visiting. While the ownership changed hands 8 years ago, there are still Seghesio family members very much involved day-to-day, and we have benefited from a commitment to and investments in quality, from winemaking to the experiences at our estate. I regret that you feel something has changed there. In regard to our hospitality team (most of whom have been here 10+ years are part of our family if not by blood), I would like to learn more about your recent experiences. If there is something you feel we can do to improve our service and better demonstrate the passion we have for our guests and Seghesio wines, please let us know. Your feedback is vital to us as we strive for excellence.

Regards,