“Exceded expectations”

Dining style: Fine Dining
San Francisco, California
“Exceded expectations”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Great food, outstanding service. $135 for the 8 course menu was a bargain. My partner and I were full by the 6th course. It was an amazing 3hr experience. I've dined in a few Michelin star restaurants in Northern CA, France and UK and Cyrus was the best in terms of service.

• Visited August 2012

Newburgh, New York
“Not to be missed but hurry up! Closing at end of Oct 2012”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Enjoyed dinner and drinks in the bar while on vacation in July. As other reviews point out, the service, atmosphere and food is simply among the best i've had anywhere.
If you have any thoughts of going there, do it soon. The restaurant will be closing at the end of October.

• Visited July 2012
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
“Bartender Extraordinaire”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Terrific food,as we all know, but you must go there to be served, delighted and inspired by Adam, part bartender, part intrepid explorer, part Alchemist (not kidding!). The man is pure Genius.

Visited August 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Not up to expectations”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The food was good (some people we talked to said it was better than The Laundry but I don't think it was in the same universe). Where we were hugely disappointed was in the service - our waitress was TERRIBLE.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Mark J
San Angelo, Texas
“Started slow but sure ended great”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

First, Being from Texas we always have vale parking for restaurants of this caliber and with my dinning parter being 84 and limited mobility it was a bit bothersome as not much parking in area. We had to wait 5 minutes to be greeted and then another 3 min to get seated while a table of 6 came in after us and was seated before us.
We were seated in the back room with a view of the pool and it was very nice and quiet which we enjoy. The service was just outstanding from start to finish and with all of the starters and extras this was really a 8 course meal even when we had the 5 course tasting menu.
The Scallop was the best I have had in ages, and my taste of the lobster was also wonderful. My Australian Wagyu Beef was so tender and very flavor full. They did bring out some special salts but the only thing I had it on was bread as everything was perfectly seasoned.
Now I could have made a meal on just the bread basket alone, especialy the Garlic sourdough rolls. The friendese that they gave us was so wonderful and with a gift box I had that twice.
It was made even better with the wonderful wine paring that went with it and even thought it cost a lot it was worth it.

• Visited August 2012