“Great Wine - Good Place for a picnic” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lambert Bridge Winery

Lambert Bridge Winery
Ranked #31 of 155 things to do in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Lambert Bridge is a small, family owned winery located in the heart of the Sonoma County's Dry Creek Valley. Our focus is to craft small-production bottlings of artisanal, Bordeaux-style blends and varietals, each reflecting an individual and distinctive identity which is consistent, vintage to vintage.
San Francisco
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Great Wine - Good Place for a picnic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Let's start with the important stuff: (We visit them whenever we are in the area)
On the plus side:
1) The wine is excellent.
2) It is a nice spot for picnic.
On the other hand:
3) Staff in the tasting room was pretentious
4) Wine is pricey
5) it is irritating that they don't apply the cost of the tasting fee with a minimum purchase.

Our favorite was the 2009 Forchini Vineyard Zinfandel. We also liked the
2009 Rockpile Zinfandel
2008 Crane Creek Cuvee
2008 Petit Verdot

Go there to enjoy the wine.

Visited January 2013

San Jose, California
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“A major disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

My first Lambert Bridge Cabernet Sauvignon was their 1976 vintage. Stellar wine! I returned to mthe tasting room again and again over the decades, and purchased their cabs often.

In the 90's they got a well-deserrved reputation for a snooty tasting room staff. That went away. On my November 2012 visit their staff was merely inefficient and unfocused. The lady pouring wine for me and two others (there were only 8 people there and two tasting room employees) went away to answer questions from other staff members more than half a dozen times in the half hour I was there tasting, leaving the three of us waiting for the next offering. The other woman didn't fill in the gap. I guess that end of the tasting bar was "not her job".

Many reviews speak of the grounds (nice) and the dogs (cute). Frankly, I'm not there to check out the dogs; and that's hardly an important criterion for a winery evaluation as far as I am concerned. If I want to see cute dogs, I'll go to a local park. I'm there to check out and evaluate the wines to see what I might want to buy. Every wine that was poured was thin, insipid, and not the Lambert Bridge wine that I remember.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“Tremendous wine with the cutest winery dogs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I saw a photo of their tasting room bar in Sunset magazine so we put this on our agenda to visit in January. It turns out that the CFO is a Pittsburgh girl and has a dog named Heinzy, as in Heinz Field, so it became a must-visit. We thought we would make a quick stop on a cold and rainy Saturday, but the warmth and welcoming feeling we got from the co-owner/server, the CFO, and the dogs was hard to leave. Yes, the wine is a little pricey but it is not commodity wine. They hand pick the grapes so you are not getting twigs, leaves and bugs when they make the wine. Their Chardonnay is not at all oaky, and this red-only drinker actually enjoyed it. The zin is phenomenal. We became liquid assets (club) members and are looking forward to attending our first club member annual holiday party in December.
and yes, the redwood bar featured in Sunset, was amazingly beautiful.

Visited January 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“One of best hidden secrets of Sonoma”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We found Lambert Bridge earlier this year and fell in love with the grounds, the tasting room experience, the people and most of all the WINE! Truly a gem amongst all the vineyards in Sonoma. Yes the wines are pricey but WOW what you get from Lambert Bridge is beyond any others. Maybe I'm partial because we became Liquid Asset Club members on our first visit! We just returned from our second visit over Veteran's Day weekend and can't say enough GOOD about Lambert Bridge. To the awesome hospitality, vineyard tour, barrel tasting (just lucked up on this one) and flights of tastings - we are still awed by the beauty of this establishment. To Summer and Shelby and all the folks at Lambert Bridge, we can't say enough - We LOVE Lambert Bridge and we are happy to share the word but sorta guarded as we don't want Lambert Bridge to lose it's personality and individuality - Cream of the Crop! Makes me want to go home and open a bottle!!

Jackson, Ohio
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“I Had a very nice time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had a really nice experience with the pairings experience. The wines were very good and the staff was friendly and informative. Beautiful setting and worth the stop.