“Trip to Dry Creek Winery”
Review of Dry Creek Vineyard

Dry Creek Vineyard
Ranked #1 of 160 things to do in Healdsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Award Winning Family Owned Winery: beautiful picnic grounds, tasting room, private tastings, free Wi-Fi, a wide selection of wines including rare single-vineyard wines. David Stare founded Dry Creek Vineyard in 1972. Winemaking emphasis is on grapes from select Sonoma County vineyards, chosen for quality and character. Fume Blanc, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Zinfandel, Dry Chenin Blanc, Reserve Chardonnay and Meritage are produced. Dry Creek has received over 1,000 medals for wines in 40 years.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Dry Creek is our favorite winery in the Healdsburg area. The entire staff is friendly and knowledgeable. My wife and I both enjoy red wine, and the Zinfandels & Cabs here are so very good. We always feel welcome at this winery, it is never a bad day. We became club members a good number of years ago and typically use Dry Creek Winery as a place to have a picnic, with nice food and great wine. The winery had barrel tasting for members, and it was so much fun to learn a bit more about the wines.

Michael L, Manager at Dry Creek Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

We're so glad you joined our wine club family and thanks for the great review!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We never fail to visit this winery whenever we are in the area. Great wines at fair prices. Wine servers are informative and helpful. One year we attended a "Beatles" concert here. It was great. Grounds are beautiful.

Thanks for the great review, and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I went to Dry Creek Vineyards tasting room on a Saturday. It was the only time I could arrange between business travel. I signed up for a $25.00 wine flight, and was taken into a private area where I sampled 7-8 reasonably priced wines. I liked all of the wines, and ended up buying nearly a case of zinfandel, chenin blanc, sauvignon blanc, and a red blend. I am sorry that I don't recall the name of the man who poured the wines, but he was friendly and knowledgeable.

The tasting room consists of a long bar, which was jammed with people when I arrived. The outside picnic area is spacious and pretty. The only advice I would give is to avoid the weekends. The experience would be more enjoyable when it's less crowded.

We're so glad you enjoyed your wine flight through the Dry Creek Valley!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was our second visit here… and both turned out about the same. Had a wonderful time, really enjoyed the staff, and ended up shipping home some wine. Great value for some really good wines - and they are some of the friendliest staff to work with. Enjoyable experience… but you won't go away empty handed!

1  Thank Darren L
Michael L, Manager at Dry Creek Vineyard, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thanks for the great review Darren. Very few people go away empty handed!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Dry Creek Vineyard is our new favorite vineyard and I know we will return when we are in the area. All the staff made us feel welcome especially our "wine guide", Karen. She spent a lot of time with us and was so informative about the different wines and also the wine pairings. Thank you so much Karen for making our day! One wine that both of us thought was very refreshing was the 2012 dry Chenin blanc for $12. I asked if we could buy some of their wines in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area and they were kind enough to look it up and said that they do have a distribution here. Even in February, the grounds are beautiful with flowers lining the path to the tasting room. There are picnic tables for people to sit and relax. Add this vineyard to your list!!!!

1  Thank minnesotans4

We'll be sure to let Karen know you had a great time. And I love your story about looking up a retailer in Minneapolis/St. Paul. We always try to go the extra mile!