“It IS good!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: At Zin, our menu offers a mix of familiar favorites from classic American fare and original creations inspired by regional specialties. Our menu changes often and reflects our commitment to seasonal food. Our food is prepared from local ingredients showcasing the best of what our region has to offer.
Dallas, Texas
“It IS good!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2007

It's good. Is it great, no, no it's absolutley not the most fabulous restaurant in Healdsburg. It is enjoyable though. After a day out and about hopping winery to winery it was a place where my husband and I felt comfortable enough to split some really good appetizers (chili relleno, blue crab and fondue) and I had a fabulous soup, the chipotle sweet potato and my husband had really great mixed greens with bleu cheese dressing, the chunks of bleu cheese were out of this world.

Our server was fabulous! Very sweet, attentive, offered great suggestions. We really enjoyed our experience there and would go back. Would we go there expecting a 5-star experience, no, we wouldn't, but we would go back because we had good food, at a good price, with great service.

5 Thank tiffeecanoe

Healdsburg, CA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Experience(s)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2006

My wife and I spend a lot of time in Healdsburg and absolutely love Zin. We've dined there maybe 10-15 times since they opened (including the night after our wedding :-) Each time the food, wine and service has been fantastic.

We've taken many friends to Zin as well, each has raved about it. I'm not a writer...so I'll leave the flowery food review to someone that is. But, as a customer that loves casual, California style food in a contemporary environment, Zin gets my vote.

1 Thank riovino
Los Angeles
“Mediocre food and terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2006

We've been to many restaurants in Sonoma/Napa/Healdsburg over the years and I must say that Zin has been the most disappointing. The food was average (and very heavy) and the service was terrible. Our meal was rushed, the staff was not friendly, and our waitress was rude. This restaurant is nowhere near the league of the many great places in the area – it’s a surprise they are able to remain in business (perhaps their prime location helps them).

4 Thank LLAX
san antonio
“Great Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2006

Right on the town square, close to our hotel, very convenient, which is what I was looking for after a full day of wine country travel and tasting. The service was great; loved our waiter. However, the food just isn't very good. Granted, we had just eaten at Boulevard in SF and Dry Creek Kitchen the two previous nights but this was a huge step down. I was too lazy to drive down to Windsor for our Mirapoix reservation or to go to Geyserville for Santi, and Bistro Ralph was closed. Should have gone back to Willi's Seafood I suppose. I am now told by others I shouldn't have missed Farmhouse Inn. Hope this helps all you foodies out there.

1 Thank ddavis130
Healdsburg
“Awesome Wine Country "Comfort Food"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2006

We are locals and dine out at least once a week both for lunch as well as dinner. We also own an Inn in Healdsburg so we send a lot of people to various restaurants in the area. We always get some sort of feed back either from an evaluation form we supply each guest with, which is included with their confirmation or just word of mouth at breakfast or appetizer hour. Without exception, our guests love Zin. It is exactly what the owners say it is. . . "comfort food"! The menu changes seasonally and you shouldn't miss the Heirloom tomato dishes when they are in season, nor the green beans appetizer which are always on the menu. The food is some of the best in the area. The service is relaxed and friendly and the ambiance is casual and comfortable. The value is one of the best in town, and these boys work hard to keep the standard consistant. We believe it's not to be missed for lunch or dinner. One of our personal favorites! Cheers! Keep up the good work! Steve & Cathi

3 Thank foodieldy