“A Great Birthday Treat”

Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At Zin, our menu offers a mix of familiar favorites from classic American fare and original creations inspired by regional specialties. Our menu changes often and reflects our commitment to seasonal food. Our food is prepared from local ingredients showcasing the best of what our region has to offer.
San Francisco, California
“A Great Birthday Treat”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We didn't know anything about this restaurant, but it looked interesting from the outside, so we decided to give it a try. The inside is very homey and welcoming. The service is good, and the food is delicious. My husband and I both enjoyed our food -- and I am a vegetarian and my husband has many dietary restrictions. The wine was wonderful and overall I look forward to returning soon.

Visited May 2013
Scott S, Owner at Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thanks so much for your review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your birthday—thank you for celebrating with us! We hope you'll join us again next year.

Take care,

Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States
“Pork chop is awesome!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We ate at Zin on the recommendation of our innkeeper in Healdsburg who assured me that the pork chop was something so special that I'd never regret ordering it. I am not generally enthused about ordering pork chops in restaurants since growing up in Iowa it tended to be a staple at my family's dinner table, but since our innkeeper was spot-on on virtually every other recommendation, I decided to go for it. What an amazing dinner! I have never, in my ENTIRE life, had a pork chop that tasted that fantastic. It was at once smoky and delicate with a delicious suggestion of barbeque. My husband ordered the pasta dish with asparagus that was equally awesome. The service was wonderful as well. This dining experience has stayed with us even after another full week of eating at very special restaurants in the area! Highly, highly recommend Zin for a terrific dinner experience.

Visited May 2013
Scott S, Owner at Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Kimberly, thanks so much for your excellent review. We're glad to hear your innkeeper recommended us, and that you were impressed. It's so wonderful to hear you were blown away by our pork chop—what a great compliment! We appreciate your rave review, and hope you'll both stop back in the next time you're in the area.

Take care,
Dallas, Texas
“Not quite as good as it used to be.”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Food was tasty, but salmon was dry. It was a Sunday night, so the provisions may have been from the day before. Service was great.

Visited May 2013
Scott S, Owner at Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thanks for leaving a review for us. I'm happy to hear everything was good, and that the service was great. I'm disappointed, however, that the salmon was dry, and assure you we prepare our food fresh every evening. That said, I'm sorry for the dry dish, and would love the opportunity to show you how amazing our salmon can be—I know we can impress you!

Cheers,
No. California
“fried green beans--yum”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Four of us went to Zin on a Friday night. The place was packed, but service very good and everyone enjoyed what they ordered. Try the fried green beans for a starter. It was a winner.

• Visited May 2013
Thanks for your review! I'm glad you were able to have a great time, despite our packed dining room, and that service and dinner were excellent. We appreciate your recommendation of the fried green beans and look forward to your next visit.

Warm regards,
Modesto, California
“We always return to Zin”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

On of our very favorites in Healdsburg. Excellent food with an emphasis on California local meats and produce. Service is excellent.

Visited April 2013
Thanks for your review, John. I'm glad to hear we're one of your favorites! I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to the staff.

Looking forward to seeing you soon,