“Hearty wine country fare”
Review of Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar - CLOSED

Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: At Zin, our menu offers a mix of familiar favorites from classic American fare and original creations inspired by regional specialties. Our menu changes often and reflects our commitment to seasonal food. Our food is prepared from local ingredients showcasing the best of what our region has to offer.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We found out from a local after eating here that this is the "meat eaters'" place in town. I'm a vegetarian and didn't even notice. The addictive green bean appetizer and peppery, satisfying winter vegetable pasta hit the spot for me. My dining companion enjoyed the perfectly cooked chicken and raved about the jus.

Scott S, Scott Silva, Owner and Manager at Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

We try our best to accommodate everyone's tastes, so I'm pleased to hear that you, a vegetarian, enjoyed your meal. Did you order a specific wine with your vegetable pasta? Thanks so much for sharing your terrific experience with others, and take care. We hope to see you soon!

Best regards,

There are newer reviews for Zin Restaurant & Wine Bar

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Everything about this place was great. The food was fantastic. We started with the breaded and fried green beans, which were cooked perfectly: crisp tender with a tasty breading. Then I had the Coq Au Zin and my SO had the cassoulet with red beans and duck leg. We both loved our entrees. I also liked that they offered a flight of red zinfandels. We also appreciated that the noise level in the restaurant was not so loud as to prohibit normal conversational tones. I must be getting old because this is more and more important to me.

I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful, five-star worthy dinner with us! Thanks so much for sharing your great experience with others. Did you have a chance to try any of our desserts? I'd love to hear your thoughts. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Take care,

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Food was delicious, everything, from appetizers to main courses and of course the wine! Chris, the bartender was very sweet and helpful in recommending the tasting rooms to visit.

Thanks for the great review! It sounds like you got the full experience from appetizers to the main course to wine! I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed it all and will make sure to pass your compliments to the bartender—Kristan will appreciate it. Come see us again soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We liked the pleasant, unpretentious service; the art on the walls and the food. We ate way too much!

Thanks the five-star review, Paul. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Great service is a huge priority for us, and I’m glad you think we’re doing a good job. We don’t blame you for eating too much. That tells us how much you loved the food! Come see us again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 1, 2012

On a wet and blustery Northern California evening we returned to Zin, in Healdsburg. Maybe it should be renamed "Zen". The atmoshere was welcoming and warm, the service quick without being pushy and food delicious. The menu is not huge, and offers a good variety, nightly specials and weekly specials. I think we'll return soon on a Wednesday to try the chicken & dumplings!

Thanks for joining us for dinner! You've covered all the important bases, from a welcoming atmosphere to delicious food, and we appreciate it. What menu options did you get a chance to try? You'll definitely have to try the chicken and dumplings next time, by the way. I have yet to find someone who didn't love them! We hope to see you soon. Thanks again, and take care.

Cheers,